Another LIVE E-class thread —- Apex 1/29/2022

mac_tlc

What the heck, why not another LIVE E-class thread. Tough competition following @BennyBrun and with @GenerationX on Edge, but let’s give it a go!

I did a couple of live threads from Edge in July, where we met @KKB and had a great time, and October and am looking forward to see what the Apex had to offer. 

Some pre-cruise info. We drove down from CT last weekend , following the non-95 route ( I-84 to 81 to 77 to 26 to 95 to 4) and are at our house in Orlando. We had scheduled the rapid covid tests at a CVS here as soon as their appointments opened. Went yesterday, two negatives! WooHoo! We will leave tomorrow morning around 7am for our 11:30 check-in time. 

We are in a Sky Suite so we will review the Retreat and compare it to our experiences on Edge. Only specialty restaurant booked so far is Eden. We were going to do it on the Edge, but decided to wait for the more expansive menu on Apex. 

Not sure we will get off at any port, most likely would be St Kitts. We will see. 

Will be spending some quality time at Cafe Al’Bacio !

I will try to answer any questions you may have!

mac_tlc

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Yay, love the live thread! We're hoping to be on the APEX in 2 weeks. Thanks for mentioning the rapid tests from CVS. The CVS website says "not usually valid for travel," which had me concerned even though it seems like a lot of cruisers have used them. I was able to book appointments for tests the Thursday before we go.

12 minutes ago, AtlantaKelly said:

Yay, love the live thread! We're hoping to be on the APEX in 2 weeks. Thanks for mentioning the rapid tests from CVS. The CVS website says "not usually valid for travel," which had me concerned even though it seems like a lot of cruisers have used them. I was able to book appointments for tests the Thursday before we go.

We have used CVS half a dozen times. Good for cruise lines, not necessarily for some country entry requirements.

We will be joining you tomorrow, 6 couples in all. We are doing aqua class.  Very excited when we all tested negative!  We all did the e med tests. I was a little torn on going but Benny’s live thread did the trick! I believe FOMO would be worse than Covid for me.  See you in Cafe Al Bacio!

• Like 2

I'm also pulling up a chair and have enjoyed your previous post.   We still have 70 days before our next cruise and enjoying reading as many Live Reports as I can.   There is always a different perspective and I learn something new every day.

Glad you made it out of CT before the Nor-Easter.   I think I would be pulling my hair out if I had a flight the same day as the cruise.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am also looking forward to your live reports.  We reluctantly canceled our Apex cruise for next week, but have rescheduled for mid April, and will be trying to learn all we can about the ship.  Our last cruise was on the Edge just before the Pandemic in February 2020; we loved the ship and can't wait to be on the Apex.   

We also drove from Connecticut to Florida last weekend, and feel quite lucky that we managed to miss the storms.   Looking forward to some warm Florida weather, though!

Cheryl

Just booked Apex for April 23 sailing so will be reading your posts with a great deal of interest.  First cruise on an Edge class - not sure how I am going to feel about the non-traditional balcony.  The ship certainly looks beautiful.  Will have plenty of time to read comments this weekend during the snowstorm!

And……. Here she is! 
We should be leaving in 15-20 minutes for our trek southward! 

EDIT: There were suppose to be some more pictures here but CC wants to post them upside down! UGH! 

0AE97F8F-99D7-4EAE-8D66-6C3031626BBA.jpeg

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 3

It’s about a 5 minute shuttle to the terminal. We like Park N Go. One reason is they have separate shuttles for each ship in port. It’s a busy day today with 7 ships. No having to go from ship to ship to drop off folks.

No wait to get in terminal.

A086A0FE-D00E-4169-A57B-3255852A67A1.jpeg

10 minutes later we were on board! Best steps are those that go from gangway to ship!

B51C8988-CE39-4687-BE31-5A315F202B35.jpeg

EEF5B86D-B2E0-4516-8EFB-5EB3244768F5.jpeg

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

It’s about a 5 minute shuttle to the terminal. We like Park N Go. One reason is they have separate shuttles for each ship in port. It’s a busy day today with 7 ships. No having to go from ship to ship to drop off folks.

No wait to get in terminal.

A086A0FE-D00E-4169-A57B-3255852A67A1.jpeg

10 minutes later we were on board! Best steps are those that go from gangway to ship!

B51C8988-CE39-4687-BE31-5A315F202B35.jpeg

EEF5B86D-B2E0-4516-8EFB-5EB3244768F5.jpeg

Hope you have a WONDERFUL cruise!

• Thanks 1

Lunch at Luminae today, available from 11:30 - 2.

EFD7D28E-3523-4F12-B23B-10C691BBF347.jpegOnly served on Sea days, different menu each lunch, except for Luminae Burger.  Not too crowded when we got in at about 12:00.

A1AAFB78-92C9-481D-A4F5-926EB851D1F9.jpegA little more crowded now at 12:35 but still probably 50% or so. Notably, I don’t see them using the middle two-tops near the window where there are three two-tops side by side with about 18” between them. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1