Navigator App Updates

ShipWalker

2 hours ago, Taters said:

I’ve been having trouble with the Navigator app for 2 days now. We board Nieuw Statendam in Amsterdam on Sunday. Grr! I’ve never had any trouble with the app in the past. 

I tried logging out and back in. It didn’t work. I deleted it then reinstalled it. I’ve turned my iPhone off and back on several times. I sure hope they fix the problem soon.

Try deleting the app entirely and reinstalling fromthe app store 

5 hours ago, cbr663 said:

We've printed the boarding pass - but only the first 2 pages as it is on page 2 that the bar code is placed.  For us, it will be easier to hold up a piece of paper than to constantly open a phone and then an app to find the barcode.  

This is another example of where expensive technology has not provided any noticeable improvement over a single sheet of paper.

Only old people and people with kids have printers anymore! And I certainly haven't had a doubled-sided printers for many years. I'm a tech geek that works from home - but printers are very much an optional extra. 

If you think the HAL app is bad try the Celebrity app, it is as bad or worse. Celebrity IT no longer supports their app on tablets, can only be used with an Apple or Android cell phone. My Samsung Galaxy 8 tablet says I cannot use or update the Celebrity app as it is no longer supported. This has been confirmed by Celebrity IT, they claim it is too expensive to support any non smart phones anymore.

I had the same issue.  Uninstalled and reinstalled and no go.  A HAL rep told me if that didn't work to email navigator.support@hollandamerica.com - that they could write a script?  I never heard back from that email but a few days later I had access.

• Like 2

Let's face it.  *WE* are the beta testers for Navigator. By all means we need to write (inundate) navigator support when we have issues with it. Be sure to let them know what phone/tablet/etc you have the issue with, the Navigator version you are using and obviously the problem.

navigator.support@hollandamerica.com

It is just not HAL wanting to provide a viable product by their IT department. The Celebrity Cruise app will no longer support any Apple IOS or Android based tablets, their reasoning is the cost and that more people use a smart phone than tablets. My Samsung Galaxy tablet is now useless on a Celebrity. cruise.  

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly I am resurrecting this thread due to the new update HAL just put out. My phone updated the app this morning and when I open it all I get is a blank white screen.  I have a newer android phone,  haven't had this issue previously,  and cruising in 9 days and was hoping to use it...have sent off an email to HAL. Have deleted and reinstalled the app 2 times with no luck. Anyone else have an issue with the newest update (4.27.0)? 

20 minutes ago, nw gardener said:

Sadly I am resurrecting this thread due to the new update HAL just put out. My phone updated the app this morning and when I open it all I get is a blank white screen.  I have a newer android phone,  haven't had this issue previously,  and cruising in 9 days and was hoping to use it...have sent off an email to HAL. Have deleted and reinstalled the app 2 times with no luck. Anyone else have an issue with the newest update (4.27.0)? 

try going into app setting for navigator and deleting the cache.

Can anyone point me to the fix for the white screen on an iPhone?  I fixed it on my Android but can't find a way to do it on my iPhone. It's updated, and I've restarted my phone, but nothing has changed. It was fine yesterday until the evening when we completed our check in online. I got all of our docs on my laptop but when I went to the app all I got was a white screen after it loaded (on both phones). Like I mentioned I did the clear on my Android and it's all good but can't find the ios fix anywhere.

6 hours ago, JeannyJ said:

Can anyone point me to the fix for the white screen on an iPhone?  I fixed it on my Android but can't find a way to do it on my iPhone. It's updated, and I've restarted my phone, but nothing has changed. It was fine yesterday until the evening when we completed our check in online. I got all of our docs on my laptop but when I went to the app all I got was a white screen after it loaded (on both phones). Like I mentioned I did the clear on my Android and it's all good but can't find the ios fix anywhere.

Uninstall the app (hold on the icon and click uninstall).  IOS devices remove cache and data when an app is removed so you will need to sign in again after you reinstall it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

Uninstall the app (hold on the icon and click uninstall).  IOS devices remove cache and data when an app is removed so you will need to sign in again after you reinstall it.

I had to do exactly that yesterday on my iPhone and iPad because of the white screen on the app. The good news is that the app on my phone is finally working with FaceID. 

9 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

I had to do exactly that yesterday on my iPhone and iPad because of the white screen on the app. The good news is that the app on my phone is finally working with FaceID. 

I had to do this too on my iPhone 14 Pro and my iPad due to the white screen on the app. Working fine now.

• Like 1

Oddly mine was fine too and it was updated. Then suddenly went to look at menus late last night and got that white screen everyone was talking about so I left it thought I would check it this morning and still no luck so I unistalled and reinstalled and now pulls up and up to date but No menus, I checked MDR and Lido, nothing. I have a 14 Pro Max. ...Interesting I always forget to check my iPad since I rarely use the app there but just tried that and getting the same white screen so guess I will go do the same with that. 

9 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Oddly mine was fine too and it was updated. Then suddenly went to look at menus late last night and got that white screen everyone was talking about so I left it thought I would check it this morning and still no luck so I unistalled and reinstalled and now pulls up and up to date but No menus, I checked MDR and Lido, nothing. I have a 14 Pro Max. ...Interesting I always forget to check my iPad since I rarely use the app there but just tried that and getting the same white screen so guess I will go do the same with that. 

Same happened to me, this morning I went into the app in settings and deleted the cache and data, then had to sign back on and now it works fine.