The Spirit returns…….

tree.critter

I wonder when they will have the site updated to choose her as a ship? Charleston and J’ville are our closest ports and I have been browsing for good deals. She is not on listed as an option yet. As soon as I see the update, I will be booking! 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Cruzmomma77 said:

I wonder when they will have the site updated to choose her as a ship? Charleston and J’ville are our closest ports and I have been browsing for good deals. She is not on listed as an option yet. As soon as I see the update, I will be booking! 

Sounds good to me!  J'ville is only a 5.5 hour drive for us and has is a terrific sushi restaurant I want to go back to👍😃

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 1

Simply because they won't allow cruises in Oz these days; so no reason for the Spirit to hang around.

Meanwhile...

I'm booked on the Ecstasy for a 17 Mar cruise out of Jax, and wondering when they're going to reassign us to a new cabin, etc...??

I'd have been perfectly happy with either ship!

6 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

The Spirit is the only one of the class that we haven't been on. Once bookings open up we'll make our B2B on the Mardi Gras into a B2B2S tacking on the Spirit! 🤗🤗🤗

Starting to sound like a dance routine Jeff

• Like 1

Hopefully they have changed the coffee machines on the lido deck to American style. We were onboard the Spirit's Transpacific cruise in 2012 and somewhere between Tahiti and Bora Bora they changed the machines to those that produce an Australian brew. I had a cup and remained awake for several days with eyes that refused to blink (some license taken here)! The Australians were happy to get a "modern" cruise ship.

IMG0402.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, chocolate melting cake said:

Hopefully they have changed the coffee machines on the lido deck to American style. We were onboard the Spirit's Transpacific cruise in 2012 and somewhere between Tahiti and Bora Bora they changed the machines to those that produce an Australian brew. I had a cup and remained awake for several days with eyes that refused to blink (some license taken here)! The Australians were happy to get a "modern" cruise ship.

IMG0402.jpg

There were modifications as you mention, it will be interesting to see what if anything remain of the aussie getout.  I inquired if there was a chance for a move cruise and when the the booking engine would be updated with US bookings and they said she was just going to move there they were working on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

There were modifications as you mention, it will be interesting to see what if anything remain of the aussie getout.  I inquired if there was a chance for a move cruise and when the the booking engine would be updated with US bookings and they said she was just going to move there they were working on it.

If they could come up with a way to pick up pax before they left Oz, I'd find a way to make that work.  

Seems odd they let him announce it before they had the Aus schedule fixed on the site.  If anyone wants to game the system, looks like you have one last low risk chance to turn deposits into hefty OBC...

1 hour ago, Virga said:

If they could come up with a way to pick up pax before they left Oz, I'd find a way to make that work.  

Seems odd they let him announce it before they had the Aus schedule fixed on the site.  If anyone wants to game the system, looks like you have one last low risk chance to turn deposits into hefty OBC...

I was def interested, albeit tight timeline.  I made my case to a mgt friend and his reply said they were pressed to get the ship over here and there was isolation issues with covid.  Sure would have been nice;  The fact that the booking engine still shows Aussie cruises shows how much of a lote decision it was .  Bring the Splendor back also.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 3:05 AM, Cruzmomma77 said:

I'd book Carnival Ecstasy NOW if you're thinking about booking. You'll likely catch a major upgrade as the Spirit class has very few interior and oceanview rooms. I suspect many of the upper category oceanview rooms will be rebooked to balconies once they are switched over in the system. 

On 2/2/2022 at 6:44 AM, Jamman54 said:

The Spirit is the only one of the class that we haven't been on. Once bookings open up we'll make our B2B on the Mardi Gras into a B2B2S tacking on the Spirit! 🤗🤗🤗

I haven’t been on many Carnival ships, but was on the Spirit for 7 cruises, including the B3B that took her to Sydney in 2012. And she was the first ship I sailed back in 2003, after saying I would never sail Carnival again after a 1985 cruise. She won me back.

14 minutes ago, Brkintx said:

Splendor is also repositioning back to North America - per the email just sent out by Carnival.

Where is Splendor headed? The Cruise Industry News article said her Australia sailings were cancelled through September, but didn't say what the plans were for the ship.

11 hours ago, Virga said:

The ship is currently in Dubai. I imagine it will likely pick up crew in India and either Cyprus or South Africa before making its way to Jacksonville. 

We are booked on Ecstacy (because our PVP told us to go ahead) for March 27.  We just got an email this evening they were closing our bookings while they transitioned them over to Spirit. Said they should be done by February 12 and we would receive our new room assignments.

Everything prepurchased would carry over as well as any on board credit. Can’t wait to see what they come up with!

I just booked Ecstasy for 31 March, with the expectation I will be sailing on Spirit.  I will be going solo, so booked a 1A upper/lower cabin for $228 incl. taxes.  There are no 1A cabins on Spirit, so anything is an upgrade.  But I don’t care what kind of cabin I have.  I booked balconies when my sister was going,  but that won’t happen any more.  It’s going to be interesting.  EM

13 hours ago, toad455 said:

Just a bit odd that Spirit will only be sailing out of JAX for a month. Have to assume Elation will move up there to take over the itinerary.

Freedom was due to move to Alaska, beginning with a 16-day Panama Canal cruise on April 17. The new JAX ship was scheduled to take over for Spirit beginning April 23. 

I wonder if Splendor will take Freedom's Alaska sailings and leave Freedom on the East Coast to move to PC to replace Elation, with Elation then shifting to JAX? Just a thought. 

Edited by brilliantseas
add dates
  • Like 2