First b2b but unfortunately we have to change cabins

Bjbilly

Let your our cabin steward know you will be moving cabins (they will know you're b2b by mid-cruise) and he will move everthing for you. Pack all your small items. Leave all clothes in hangers...they will move them as is. Don't forget to empty your safe. Happy sailing!

Changing staterooms is not a big deal…much better than  disembarking.  The stewards will move the luggage from one stateroom to the other (even if they are not on the same deck). A few times we have been instructed to pack the hanging items, but usually the steward moves them on the hangers.  That makes packing faster.

I just did this on Allure in January. Just took everything out of drawers and from shelves and threw it all in my suitcases in no good order. Leave the rest on hangers in the closet. Don't forget to take items in the fridge that you want to keep.Take things like passport, jewelry, cash with you when you go for the meeting (ours was in the theater) where they will give you your new cruise card and vaccination band. Then you'll go into the terminal for CBP (it was just facial recognition). Everything was moved before we arrived back on the ship on turnaround day.

One thing to note -- I recently had a friend whose bag and hanging clothes got "lost" during a B2B room change.  I recommend printing out luggage tags for all your bags and another for your hanging clothes.  

He did eventually get his clothing, but it wasn't until late at night (and he was only moving TWO DOORS DOWN).  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, brillohead said:

One thing to note -- I recently had a friend whose bag and hanging clothes got "lost" during a B2B room change.  I recommend printing out luggage tags for all your bags and another for your hanging clothes.  

He did eventually get his clothing, but it wasn't until late at night (and he was only moving TWO DOORS DOWN).  

Sad, though few times I was 1, 2 and 4 Doors Down I just moved my own things

I usually visit my new cabin area and meet the new cabin attendant during their service hours.

On a recent B2B I discovered my new cabin was unoccupied for the first sailing.  I moved my own stuff early on turn around day.  I was unpacked and settled in my new cabin before breakfast then went to the consecutive cruiser meeting.  One less thing for my previous cabin attendant to worry about and she could start doing my cabin when her shift started so she got a jump on her day.  YMMV.  

• Like 4

12 hours ago, NRWPA said:

I just did this on Allure in January. Just took everything out of drawers and from shelves and threw it all in my suitcases in no good order. Leave the rest on hangers in the closet. Don't forget to take items in the fridge that you want to keep.Take things like passport, jewelry, cash with you when you go for the meeting (ours was in the theater) where they will give you your new cruise card and vaccination band. Then you'll go into the terminal for CBP (it was just facial recognition). Everything was moved before we arrived back on the ship on turnaround day.

Question since we will be doing a B2B in June and it seems you just completed one. Are they doing testing between the cruises? I know to embark for the first leg we need one. Do they do something for the second leg or just carry over your previous testing requirement as having been met? Thanks! (We managed to ensure we booked for the exact same room on both cruises to avoid the having to move bit)

Covid has changed a lot of things...including B2B experience with changing cabins.  

It USED to be you could leave things on hangers...etc., but not any longer.  At least not the case on the last 2 B2Bs we did on Harmony.  Everything has to be packed, tags on your bags (I made my own), let the cabin attendant know you are changing cabins.  You will get a letter stating that fact with your B2B instructions.  

We took our carry on bags with us to the meeting area, and then found our luggage placed in the closet in the new cabin when it was ready.  It was not really such a big deal, but would rather not do it in the future if it stays that way.  Actually quite rare we have to change cabins, but it was due to upgrade.   

30 minutes ago, Ralphinsc said:

Question since we will be doing a B2B in June and it seems you just completed one. Are they doing testing between the cruises? I know to embark for the first leg we need one. Do they do something for the second leg or just carry over your previous testing requirement as having been met? Thanks! (We managed to ensure we booked for the exact same room on both cruises to avoid the having to move bit)

They will test you the last full day of your first sailing.  You will receive instructions once onboard on how to schedule your test and where to meet.  It varies per ship.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ralphinsc said:

They have been providing the testing free of charge on the morning of the last full day of the cruise (the day before Turn Around Day). 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, brillohead said:

They have been providing the testing free of charge on the morning of the last full day of the cruise (the day before Turn Around Day). 

Awesome! Thanks! One less thing to worry about. I hope mimosas do not affect a false positive 🤪

1 hour ago, Ralphinsc said:

Two or three days before the end of the first cruise, paper notification was sent to the cabin with a QR code you scanned. The code led you to a webpage where you registered for a covid test. The test took place on board at the conference center deck 3 on the final full day of the first leg of the cruise. It was provided free of charge. An email was sent a few hours after the test with your results.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ralphinsc said:

Awesome! Thanks! One less thing to worry about. I hope mimosas do not affect a false positive 🤪

After we got the test onboard, we worried all day until we got the results...negative.

Bloody Marys didn't affect my test. 😉

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ralphinsc said:

Drinks of any kind, in any number....immune to Covid tests the next morning.  Have definitely found that out personally.  😄 

• Haha 1