When does HAL advise you of boarding time?

regnig

I cruise on 2/13 and have had boarding times assigned for at least a month.  They have changed 3 times.  I asked my PCC to link my boarding time with the other couple we are traveling with but she told me that was not possible.  We will arrive when we arrive and hope for the best.

Once you do your online check in, you will be able to see your boarding pass.  The boarding pass will have your assigned time.  

based on my experience with a Nov 2021 cruise, these time will change multiple times.  The website use to state that boarding times will be evaluated at day 50, 30, 14, 7, and 3 before departure. I did my check in after the 50 day, so it was evaluated and changed 4 times.  I can’t find it giving that info anymore, it just now says

Embarkation Time: Your assigned check-in time is printed on the Boarding Pass page in your Express Docs.”

We got our "first" notice for our 2-16 cruise a week ago.  As other's have said, it may change multiple times.  Wait until you are leaving your home to print out the luggage tags. By then, you should have final boarding time.

14 hours ago, 0106 said:

I asked my PCC to link my boarding time with the other couple we are traveling with but she told me that was not possible.

Are your bookings linked? I would have thought that if they are your boarding times would be the same.

3 minutes ago, AKJonesy said:

We got our "first" notice for our 2-16 cruise a week ago.  As other's have said, it may change multiple times.  Wait until you are leaving your home to print out the luggage tags. By then, you should have final boarding time.

I printed ours when we received a time we liked😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Sea42 said:
14 hours ago, 0106 said:

Are your bookings linked? I would have thought that if they are your boarding times would be the same.

Yes.  

46 minutes ago, Sea42 said:
48 minutes ago, AKJonesy said:

I printed ours when we received a time we liked😊

Great idea!

On 2/5/2022 at 12:34 PM, regnig said:

Thanks all!  I just printed boarding pass for 3/16 on NS and it was printed on that.  I'll keep checking and if they change it to an earlier time I'll reprint it.

HAL now adds a barcode in the lower left corner of the boarding pass but not until 14 days prior to sailing. Until then it has a message to the effect that you need to print it later. If using the Navigator app to display the pass in the terminal, the barcode is added automatically. The barcode was just added to the boarding passed today (2/6) for our 2/20 cruise.

We are sailing 2/27/22 on the Zuiderdam, San Diego-San Diego with exciting South Pacific stops while on board. We  received our boarding time when we checked in, about one month before 2/27.  As mere 1 Star mariners, our boarding time is mid afternoon. We live a train ride (or Lyft ride) from the port so have decided to catch a ride at noon. Our first HAL cruise (& most recent HAL trip, 4/2019)  from San Diego was our very best embarkation. Wish that San Diego was the port of choice for more cruise lines and cruise ships. 🚢

• Like 1

We received our boarding times yesterday for our March 27 cruise and were assigned group A at 1 PM.  Our relatives who have never been on HAL received the same time as us (we are 5 Star), so I assumed it was because our reservations are "linked".

• 2 weeks later...

We are sailing on N. Statendam 3/6 - 3/16/22.  Was just notified of change from Group C @ 12:40 to Group D @ 1:00.  This is our first cruise since achieving 4 Star, does this sound right to be set back a group?

Just my 2 cents... we received a boarding time of 1:40 for a December cruise (after getting 4 emails of that time changing).  I was irritated because it meant missing the Mariner lunch, but we were good little cruisers and showed up at our assigned time along with about 3 other couples who did that same.  We were the last people to board the ship. Totally empty terminal except for employees. We have another cruise coming up also with a 1:40 arrival time assigned.  We will see what happens because I will get there when I get there and it'll be way before 1:40.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/6/2022 at 9:22 PM, Norseh2o said:

We are sailing 2/27/22 on the Zuiderdam, San Diego-San Diego with exciting South Pacific stops while on board. We  received our boarding time when we checked in, about one month before 2/27.  As mere 1 Star mariners, our boarding time is mid afternoon. We live a train ride (or Lyft ride) from the port so have decided to catch a ride at noon. Our first HAL cruise (& most recent HAL trip, 4/2019)  from San Diego was our very best embarkation. Wish that San Diego was the port of choice for more cruise lines and cruise ships. 🚢

Boarding time doesn’t have a thing to do with Mariner status. We are 4* and just got changed to 3:20 boarding time on 2/27/22. I still don’t have my boarding pass either on the Navigator app or the website. 🤪 DH has his boarding pass on both. This is the 4th change for our boarding time. 

Edited by dchip
Added content
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dchip said:

Boarding time doesn’t have a thing to do with Mariner status. We are 4* and just got changed to 3:20 boarding time on 2/27/22. I still don’t have my boarding pass either on the Navigator app or the website. 🤪 DH has his boarding pass on both. This is the 4th change for our boarding time. 

Hi @dchip we got our boarding passes yesterday for an April 10th, 2022 cruise.  You mentioned that you do not have your boarding pass for a Feb. 27th cruise.  For you when you go on a laptop or desktop can you see that you did the Covid acceptance policy and then other policy do you agree to those? Are all your item green checked at the top.  I am thinking there must be for you one item missing as your husband has his boarding pass. 

2 hours ago, seagypsea said:

Just my 2 cents... we received a boarding time of 1:40 for a December cruise (after getting 4 emails of that time changing).  I was irritated because it meant missing the Mariner lunch, but we were good little cruisers and showed up at our assigned time along with about 3 other couples who did that same.  We were the last people to board the ship. Totally empty terminal except for employees. We have another cruise coming up also with a 1:40 arrival time assigned.  We will see what happens because I will get there when I get there and it'll be way before 1:40.

We have a Group A boarding time at 1:00 pm and are using a HAL transfer from the San Diego airport.  Our plane lands at 9:10 am so we are hoping that we won't have to wait too long at the airport and are also hoping for earlier boarding than 1:00 pm

Carolyn

1 hour ago, Lido deck main said:

Hi @dchip we got our boarding passes yesterday for an April 10th, 2022 cruise.  You mentioned that you do not have your boarding pass for a Feb. 27th cruise.  For you when you go on a laptop or desktop can you see that you did the Covid acceptance policy and then other policy do you agree to those? Are all your item green checked at the top.  I am thinking there must be for you one item missing as your husband has his boarding pass. 

Thanks! Everything is checked, everything is green, everything says completed. I have checked to make sure on my iPhone, my iPad and my desktop computer. There is a glitch somewhere but it isn’t on my end.

• 6 months later...
57 minutes ago, qoap24 said:

We are sailing on NS on Oct 2nd and haven't received our boarding time and is not on our boarding pass. If I call do you think that would do me any good? Also we are in a NS do we get assigned boarding times? 

Website says at approximately 14 days boarding time will be assigned. 

I am two weeks out from my Noordam Oct 2 trip. I have a guarantee SY with no cabin assignment and no boarding time yet. Drives a precrastinator like me crazy!  I know I will have a place to sleep so its not worth stressing (too much) about. 

I did get a tip from a HAL Rep I. I was worried I would not be able to print luggage tags for this trip since I have no room assignment.  I am leaving Tuesday to head to a pre-cruise cruise and did not want to rely on a hotel printer for the tags. The HAL rep said print them out without the room assignment now and then just write in the cabin number. I will have to rely on the e-boarding pass to get on since printing now would be useless. 

All first world problems, I know 😏

44 minutes ago, Ready2go11 said:

I am two weeks out from my Noordam Oct 2 trip. I have a guarantee SY with no cabin assignment and no boarding time yet. Drives a precrastinator like me crazy!  I know I will have a place to sleep so its not worth stressing (too much) about. 

I did get a tip from a HAL Rep I. I was worried I would not be able to print luggage tags for this trip since I have no room assignment.  I am leaving Tuesday to head to a pre-cruise cruise and did not want to rely on a hotel printer for the tags. The HAL rep said print them out without the room assignment now and then just write in the cabin number. I will have to rely on the e-boarding pass to get on since printing now would be useless. 

All first world problems, I know 😏

You still can get tags at the terminal from the porters.  They are not as snazzy but they do the trick.  

• Like 1