Where to update Diamond Welcome Aboard Amenity?

DFW4

Loved it years ago when we could pick and choose on our own...before the "upgraded" the website for the worse.  😒

Now, I just change selections with the LA on board.  Had to go see LA on Odyssey earlier this month.  They sent 2 bottles of the wrong wine, which was corrected within hours ( I left the wrong ones in the cabin for pick up).   I also went back later to change selection on the third wine for future use.....which we will get on the following cruise.  

• Like 4

I called a few weeks before our Nov/Dec HOTS cruise but nothing was delivered.  We worked with the D concierge.  He made a couple of calls (both weeks) and we finally got our wine.  In fact, the second week, we got three bottles instead of two lol.  We're D+ with over 340 ptst so we get two amenities.  We'll see what happens on EN in April.    Harmony just seemed to be disorganized when it came to the amenities.  We've had better experiences on our Vision class cruises than on the larger ships.

1 hour ago, BND said:

I called a few weeks before our Nov/Dec HOTS cruise but nothing was delivered.  We worked with the D concierge.  He made a couple of calls (both weeks) and we finally got our wine.  In fact, the second week, we got three bottles instead of two lol.  We're D+ with over 340 ptst so we get two amenities.  We'll see what happens on EN in April.    Harmony just seemed to be disorganized when it came to the amenities.  We've had better experiences on our Vision class cruises than on the larger ships.

It was new flag ship Odyssey that got our order messed up.  Had no problem with Harmony...go figure.  

52 minutes ago, island lady said:

It was new flag ship Odyssey that got our order messed up.  Had no problem with Harmony...go figure.  

It was our first cruise after 340 so I had made changes, but still...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Interesting.  We have been on 3 cruises since turning Diamond.  Haven't got anything but the pins and the congratulations letter with the list of Diamond "things" onboard.  What exactly do you get?

A can/bottle of water and a can of soda at the Diamond level.  At D+ they have more options.

39 minutes ago, flamingos said:

How far in advance should you call?

You can call anytime.  Once your selections are set they stay the same for future cruises unless you call and make changes.  It's why most of us preferred the old way when we could go in and make changes ourselves.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Best is to actually go to the LA on board...it's a C&A matter.  

Agree, the Loyalty Ambassador is the one in charge of this.  If their hours are inconvenient, the Diamond Concierge can also assist you, but it's the LA's job.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Best is to actually go to the LA on board...it's a C&A matter.  

I truthfully would feel ridiculous standing in a line at the LA for a soda.  If I notice it not there next week, Ill mention it to my room steward.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jean87510 said:

that's definitely worth me going to guest services.

Lol I didnt get anything in dec and didnt really miss it. This last time I asked to have a can of regular coke... they gave me diet coke again. Just took it to a bar and exchanged it. 

Seriously ... lol we are talking about a can of soda. 

I'll be diamond plus for next cruise and for diamond plus it's worth calling... but op asked about diamond. I wouldnt call about one can of soda. ..maybe it's just me.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I truthfully would feel ridiculous standing in a line at the LA for a soda.  If I notice it not there next week, Ill mention it to my room steward.

Lol room steward cant change it ... just take it to a bar. 

Someone asked their room steward at my Mdr table ... well it was about the cookies and he told them he doesnt do that. Hahahaha.

Sorry .. you can mention it and he will tell you he doesnt bring it. Or the stale cookies.

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol I didnt get anything in dec and didnt really miss it. This last time I asked to have a can of regular coke... they gave me diet coke again. Just took it to a bar and exchanged it. 

Seriously ... lol we are talking about a can of soda. 

I'll be diamond plus for next cruise and for diamond plus it's worth calling... but op asked about diamond. I wouldnt call about one can of soda. ..maybe it's just me.

I absolutely am not.  I would feel ridiculous.  $1000s on a cruise and Im going to complain about a can of Coke zero???

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I was talking about updating your choices.  As this thread is titled "Where to update".   

BTW...Room steward has nothing to do with sending a soda to your cabin.  Another department delivers those.  

Edited by island lady

15 minutes ago, island lady said:

I was talking about updating your choices.  As this thread is titled "Where to update".   

BTW...Room steward has nothing to do with sending a soda to your cabin.  Another department delivers those.  

Agree. I'd feel like a fool standing in line at GS for a can of coke and feel like a bigger fool walking away after GS yells me I need to speak with the LA concerning C&A issue/problems. Cabin attendant can do even less. 

• Like 1