Saint Greg's Sailabration - LIVE - Carnival Glory March 5th-13th 2022

Saint Greg

I decided to book the Dzibanche Ruins Tour because they say it's the only one accessible from Costa Maya where you can still climb to the top of the temples. I prioritize those first because you never know when they will change it. The Native Choice hasn't added my cruise to their site yet. I put in a request. They said they would check with the port authority and get back to me when it's available to book. Shore Excursioneer has already updated my itinerary and they have it available but of course...you have to book it for two people with them.

Join us in an adventure to the heart of Dzibanche, by far the most spectacular Maya ruins site accessible from Costa Maya, and admire one of the greatest examples of Maya architecture and urban organization.

Dzibanche is away from the crowds which guarantees a peaceful and quiet atmosphere, just perfect to explore and an enjoy the relaxing sounds of the jungle. Dzibanche is the only site where visitors are still allowed to climb to the top of the temples, it's Costa Maya's best kept secret and a must for any Maya ruins enthusiast.

Recent excavations at Dzibanche have revealed tombs with rich jade offerings for members of the ruling family and inscriptions that suggest it could have been home of the most powerful Maya dynasty.

During this guided tour you'll learn about daily life, political and military organization of the Maya, we'll complete the experience climbing the acropolis of Kinichna, raising above the treetops for spectacular views of the jungle.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 10

I'll definitely be following along, but for the first time from a ship! I'm sailing on Ecstasy on Saturday, so we'll be meeting up with your ship on Monday. I was trying to sail in all 8 Fantasy Class ships, the ship change to Ecstasy means I'll only get 7 out of the 8. I had the same reaction to the tic tok dance email, lol

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, heffy2 said:

I'll definitely be following along, but for the first time from a ship! I'm sailing on Ecstasy on Saturday, so we'll be meeting up with your ship on Monday. I was trying to sail in all 8 Fantasy Class ships, the ship change to Ecstasy means I'll only get 7 out of the 8. I had the same reaction to the tic tok dance email, lol

Oh good. I thought I was going to be on the worst ship at the meetup!

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Haha 8

6 minutes ago, heffy2 said:

We are cruising on Ecstasy May 28.  I wanna hear all about the worst ship at the meet up🤣 If you write a review, please post a link here!

Edited by ninjacat123
because of Saint greg's comment :)
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

We are cruising on Ecstasy May 28.  I wanna hear all about the worst ship at the meet up🤣 If you write a review, please post a link here!

May not be the worst. Are any ships coming from Mobile?

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

He's gone Greg, he's not coming back!  😥    What a ride it was though

Yeah…Still force of habit after you something 5 million times. 

Edited by Saint Greg

We are thinking about a family reunion cruise on the Glory.  A few of the relatives have never been to New Orleans and want to leave from there.  I will definitely be following along and taking notes.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Canton…known for…the pro football hall of fame.

A6FC21C8-7CAA-4B8F-B5F8-D7FBB9F71B4A.thumb.jpeg.7b1b7d721ec0cba2e891fe8b18c153fb.jpeg

My parents live 5 minutes from the PFBHOF. I'm ashamed to admit I've never been there, or the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and I'm less than 10 minutes from there. I need to get out more.

• Like 2