Drink Packages on Sale today

10 minutes ago, bcsurvivor2001 said:

This is my sixth cruise but first time thinking about booking drink package. . Mine for December which is actually nine months out but it’s $66 a day I have four Sea days plus sail-away.  I think this sounds like something I want to grab? Typically does anybody think it’s gonna go below the $66 in the next nine months? And is it truly that easy to cancel and rebook if it does?  

Book now and Yes, it is easy peasy to cancel should you find a cheaper price in the future.    

Black Friday sales are usually good, but look for Easter sales on Good Friday.   In the past I have got good prices then too!

If anyone booking wants to only book for 1 adult but has 2 adults then you have to call royal direct and book 1 DBP and can then book 1 refreshment pkg for the other guest.

3 hours ago, dri-b said:

Do  these sales usually last a few days, or is this likely to disappear as soon as tomorrow? 

Mine says price valid March 1 - March 8.  If you click on "reserve" the fine print including this comes up if you scroll down.  You're not committed if you don't pay (neither are they).

I drink plenty of specialty coffee, OJ, smoothies, milkshakes and Pellegrino to justify the cost. Throw in a few wines , beer and cocktails for llunch/dinner/entertainment.  I usually break even by breakfast 🙂

me still trying to figure out RCL math.

image.png.b9e595489d8b846b9b966ce21643b57b.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, MississippiMom said:

There is a whole lot you aren't considering. 

I am not a heavy alcohol drinker, at all.  That also means that I don't always know what I want.   With a beverage package, I can order whatever might sound good and not feel bad if I don't finish it, because it's already paid for.  I am also not a big coffee drinker, but I can try a specialty coffee, like an Irish Coffee and if I hate it that day, it doesn't matter, because it's included in my beverage package.  I, basically, use the prepaid beverage package as a way of turning the cruise into more of an all-inclusive resort feel, where I can order all the alcoholic beverages that I want night and day, but, seriously, I'm not going to drink them all.

I do, however, love bottled waters, carbonated flavored waters, fruit juices and teas, which are included in RCCL's deluxe beverage package. 

Below is a copy & paste from RCCL's website to give you an idea of things that can be ordered.

DELUXE BEVERAGE PACKAGE 

Enjoy unlimited drinks and options all cruise long*. Start the day off with a premium cup of joe, sip on a poolside piña colada, rehydrate with a fresh juice and wind down with the perfect wine pairing or classic cocktail.  – Plus, receive a 40% discount on bottled wines priced up to $100, and 20% discount on wine prices above $100. Onboard pricing is currently  $63.00 - $89.00/per day for 2021-2022 sailings.
Learn more.

• Fountain soda and refills at any venue
  • Coca-Cola Freestyle beverages*
  • Coca-Cola® souvenir cup
  • Non-alcoholic cocktails (mocktails)
  • Still and sparkling water
  • Premium coffees and teas
  • Fresh-squeezed juices
  • Cocktails • Spirits • Liquor
  • Beer • Wine by the Glass

But what would be your cutoff point monetarily? Would you pay $2000 for the pkg for a 7 night cruise for the convenience of the pkg?

Most of the non alcoholic drinks are pretty cheap anyway.

Edited by Jerseygirl1416
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

When I have the drink package, this would be a typical day for me. On occasion I'll have a Bloody Mary in the morning. Always a fresh squeezed O.J. with breakfast. It is very common for me to drink 3 or 4 drinks on the pool deck during the day, maybe more depending on circumstances. We always stop at a bar to have a drink before dinner and then bring another to dinner with us. After dinner we go to the show. If we need to kill time before the show, we'll stop at a bar and have a drink. We always have a drink during the show, After the show we'll go to the Schooner Bar to listen to music or maybe head to another bar for a game such as Quest or Battle of the Sexes. We'll have a drink or 2 in those venues. It's not hard for the number of drinks to add up without realizing it.

I resemble this comment…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Could someone tell me how to cancel and rebook? I couldn’t see how to do it online.

Never mind.  Logged in on iPad and found my order history easier than on phone. 

Edited by landerslp

I am booked on 3 cruises within 11 months: 3/13, 8/14, 1/13. For some reason I can't book a drink packaged for the 1/13/23 cruise yet, so here are my observations for the other 2:

3/13 Anthem 7 days Caribbean

Booked for $52/day. Haven't seen it lower. Right now the sale price is $56.

8/14 Odyssey 7 days S Europe

Booked for $58/day during Black Friday, my brother waited and he ended up paying $61/day. Right now it's $65/day and haven't seen it below $65 since the beginning of this year. Right now the sale price is... $65.

Prices definitely have gone up, I read somewhere that on-board prices for beer, wines, etc also are up. So expect this to be reflected in drink package pricing.

16 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I resemble this comment…

15 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

+ 1

My guess is that a lot of people fall into this scenario. They just don't realize it or don't want to admit it. 😁 When you think about it, it's 10 - 15 drinks in a 16(+/-) hour day. That might be overkill on a daily basis 365 days a year but for a week on vacation... probably not.

5 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

For me, the idea of spending 50-65 dollars of drinks a day seems very excessive.  To do it consistently across my entire cruise EVERY day, that's too much for me.  I just can't do it.

I gotta agree.  On our last cruise I got the drink package (and I think it was around $50/day).  I found myself drinking more than I wanted in order to "break even".  

And sure, I could have 3-4 drinks throughout the day on sea days/private island days, plus one at dinner, and maybe one in a show.  BUT, when you have port days, you have to work harder to get your daily quantity in.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

I gotta agree.  On our last cruise I got the drink package (and I think it was around $50/day).  I found myself drinking more than I wanted in order to "break even".  

And sure, I could have 3-4 drinks throughout the day on sea days/private island days, plus one at dinner, and maybe one in a show.  BUT, when you have port days, you have to work harder to get your daily quantity in.  

Challenge accepted! 😂

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

When I have the drink package, this would be a typical day for me. On occasion I'll have a Bloody Mary in the morning. Always a fresh squeezed O.J. with breakfast. It is very common for me to drink 3 or 4 drinks on the pool deck during the day, maybe more depending on circumstances. We always stop at a bar to have a drink before dinner and then bring another to dinner with us. After dinner we go to the show. If we need to kill time before the show, we'll stop at a bar and have a drink. We always have a drink during the show, After the show we'll go to the Schooner Bar to listen to music or maybe head to another bar for a game such as Quest or Battle of the Sexes. We'll have a drink or 2 in those venues. It's not hard for the number of drinks to add up without realizing it.

I can do this for maybe three days but after that it becomes a chore to over indulge like that. To each their own…

• Like 2