suite/Tuscan Grille question

RMac713

I just booked our first celebrity cruise (after 6 Disney)  in a Celebrity suite for the Equinox July 10.  I am a little confused about eating a meal at the Tuscan Grille.  Can I get that food in Luminae?  I was thinking of booking it on night 1 with my OBC but if I can get the food in Luminae I won't.  I have read that you can get main dining food in there but I don't know if it costs or not.  

Sorry for the newbie question.  I think I have figured most of it out.  

3 minutes ago, RMac713 said:

I just booked our first celebrity cruise (after 6 Disney)  in a Celebrity suite for the Equinox July 10.  I am a little confused about eating a meal at the Tuscan Grille.  Can I get that food in Luminae?  I was thinking of booking it on night 1 with my OBC but if I can get the food in Luminae I won't.  I have read that you can get main dining food in there but I don't know if it costs or not.  

Tuscan is a Specialty restaurant and you cannot get their food in Luminae.

8 minutes ago, RMac713 said:

I just booked our first celebrity cruise (after 6 Disney)  in a Celebrity suite for the Equinox July 10.  I have read that you can get main dining food in there but I don't know if it costs or not.  

Welcome to Celebrity!  On Equinox you CAN order from the main dining room menu at no cost when eating in Luminae.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

This is true on E-class

When we were on the Edge Luminae offered some items generally on the MDR menu, escargot, French onion soup, shrimp cocktail, Caesar salad and a few other items , but we could not order the main entree items.  

• Like 1

The other thing no one has mentioned is that it is highly likely that discounts to dine in Tuscan will be offered on the first night.  You may wish to wait until you are on board to see what's on offer.  You can always book something later if there are no discounts on offer.  Personally, I find the food and service in Luminae much better than Tuscan.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The menu items from specialty restaurants (extra $$) are not available outside those specialty restaurants. 
If you like the menu or ambiance in a specialty restaurant, make a reservation. 

3 minutes ago, RMac713 said:

OK!  Now I get it.  Thanks so much!  I will go ahead and book the first night in Tuscan.

You certainly can book now if you wish, but as others have mentioned, first night discounts at Specialty restaurants are common 😉 

2 hours ago, 39august said:

OP is on Equinox. So he can order from the MDR menu. BTW, if you are not offered that menu, just ask for it. 

Here we go again with the menus. No, they don't hand out the main dining room menus without asking when you go to Luminae. To do so would cheapen the Luminae experience. You can REQUEST to see a printed main dining room menu if there's nothing on Luminae's menu that you like. They will then gladly bring you a menu from the main dining room.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, 39august said:

We were on Equinox last Oct. and our waiter did indeed bring the MDR menus to us without our asking. 

We've had some servers bring it automatically to us as well, sometimes not.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 39august said:

We were on Equinox last Oct. and our waiter did indeed bring the MDR menus to us without our asking. 

OK, they can bring it w/o asking or one can ask, either way it seems to work.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 39august said:

Then that goes against policy. I had a long discussion with management on the Reflection regarding various things in Michael's Club and Luminae. The distribution of main dining room menus is certainly not standard operating procedure. Nor is the practice of servers automatically telling Luminae diners that there are alternative choices. Discussion with management revealed that it is solely driven by the customer and servers aren't supposed to just volunteer that information. In fact last night we ordered from the main dining room and specifically informed our waiter we were doing so.  He didn't bring over any printed menus. As we looked at our phones for the menu our server asked if we needed help with the selections. He was going to review them on HIS mobile phone,not presenting us with a printed menu. We had a discussion with some diners a couple of tables away and she volunteered that, SHE ASKS FOR the main dining room menus when she's comes into Luminae,so they bring them to her every night. But that because she requested them.

Edited by kwokpot

1 hour ago, RMac713 said:

OK!  Now I get it.  Thanks so much!  I will go ahead and book the first night in Tuscan.

For some more clarity on E-Class ships Tuscan Restaurant is the name of one of the four complementary dining rooms,not a specialty restaurant with a cover charge. 

4 hours ago, RMac713 said:

Out of curiosity, why did you choose the Tuscan Grill?  Was it for the view of the wake?

42 minutes ago, keesar said:

Out of curiosity, why did you choose the Tuscan Grill?  Was it for the view of the wake?

Tuscan Grille also charges an additional charge for some of their steaks.  So, you pay extra to eat there AND pay an additional charge for a specialty steak.  I found Tuscan to be lacking in ambiance except for the view of the wake if you eat before sundown.  Murano is classier, tablecloths and elegance.  Please let me know if I am wrong.  I'm just disappointed with Tuscan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Momma Rene said:

Tuscan Grille also charges an additional charge for some of their steaks.  So, you pay extra to eat there AND pay an additional charge for a specialty steak.  I found Tuscan to be lacking in ambiance except for the view of the wake if you eat before sundown.  Murano is classier, tablecloths and elegance.  Please let me know if I am wrong.  I'm just disappointed with Tuscan.

We also have been disappointed with Tuscan Grill on several ships.  The menu no longer appeals to us, especially with an upcharge on the upcharge.   The view is really special as mentioned.  Our go to continues to be Murano as we have found it really special.  

3 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Then that goes against policy. I had a long discussion with management on the Reflection regarding various things in Michael's Club and Luminae. The distribution of main dining room menus is certainly not standard operating procedure. Nor is the practice of servers automatically telling Luminae diners that there are alternative choices. Discussion with management revealed that it is solely driven by the customer and servers aren't supposed to just volunteer that information. In fact last night we ordered from the main dining room and specifically informed our waiter we were doing so.  He didn't bring over any printed menus. As we looked at our phones for the menu our server asked if we needed help with the selections. He was going to review them on HIS mobile phone,not presenting us with a printed menu. We had a discussion with some diners a couple of tables away and she volunteered that, SHE ASKS FOR the main dining room menus when she's comes into Luminae,so they bring them to her every night. But that because she requested them.

Ask him/her to bring them

We enjoyed two dinners on summit in Tuscan last week,  I always enjoy Tuscan, if you can upgrade from a celebrity suite to a royal suite or above you get some great perks including free specialty restaurants. 

• Like 1