Chef's Table

Marmaduke

12 minutes ago, Marmaduke said:

Are the Chef's Table menus standard across the fleet or do they depend on the ship and the Executive Chef on board at the time ?  What time does the meal start and what is the maximum number of people at the table ?

Started, I think, at 7.  On February 22 cruise Tables were held in Aqualina with 2-tops, 4-tops, and a 5-top.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, marinaro44 said:

Started, I think, at 7.  On February 22 cruise Tables were held in Aqualina with 2-tops, 4-tops, and a 5-top.

Same for us currently on the Quest.  They have dropped the mask mandate so maybe the large table in Prine C will be available soon.  We didn’t like the seating in Aqualina, understand why but would prefer the single table.

To the OP, I believe the big table holds twelve.  For our seating in Aqualina I believe there were well over twenty.

28 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

Same for us currently on the Quest.  They have dropped the mask mandate so maybe the large table in Prine C will be available soon.  We didn’t like the seating in Aqualina, understand why but would prefer the single table.

To the OP, I believe the big table holds twelve.  For our seating in Aqualina I believe there were well over twenty.

Never liked the high chairs at the big table in Prime C.  Should be seated comfortably at a special dinner.  If they want to serve at a single large table, do it like Best of the Best.

• Like 4

Does Chef's table cater for dietary needs? If so, presume that is declared when booking.

Reading the above am assuming that there may be several tables involved of different sizes depending on demand. What is the charge per person? If one does not drink wine (or alcohol) -same charge?

6 minutes ago, cruisinclined said:

Does Chef's table cater for dietary needs? If so, presume that is declared when booking.

Reading the above am assuming that there may be several tables involved of different sizes depending on demand. What is the charge per person? If one does not drink wine (or alcohol) -same charge?

$95, wine or no wine.

Dietary needs will be accommodated if you request at reservation.

My low salt diet makes me miss the lobster , it is replaced with a salad😢.

We love the French table but the menu has been the same for years.

The wines may change but are generally good.

It is a lot of food and wine, skip lunch!

• Like 2

As the menus are standard across the fleet can anyone post them here please.  I have looked on Azamara's web site but cannot find them listed anywhere.   How long does the meal generally last? Is there a different wine with each course and are these wines different and generally superior to the everyday included offerings? 

I tried the Chefs Table on Viking last year and was very disappointed.  There was no extra charge but the meal was very rushed.  We were finished in just over an hour (5 courses) and the wines were the same as the daily offerings thoughout the cruise.

3 minutes ago, Marmaduke said:

As the menus are standard across the fleet can anyone post them here please.  I have looked on Azamara's web site but cannot find them listed anywhere.   How long does the meal generally last? Is there a different wine with each course and are these wines different and generally superior to the everyday included offerings? 

I tried the Chefs Table on Viking last year and was very disappointed.  There was no extra charge but the meal was very rushed.  We were finished in just over an hour (5 courses) and the wines were the same as the daily offerings thoughout the cruise.

The dinners are very leisurely and a different wine with every course. Definitely a step up from the everyday offerings. Below is from a French Chef’s Table

8731D1D9-A5A6-4423-B136-1C782CB5E290.jpeg

0F77653C-961E-4110-AA2B-F8C34C5B13C6.jpeg

46E49737-9146-4FC2-932E-7BAFC848666C.jpeg

A4864794-DE90-4342-88DF-3B0D30A44DBE.jpeg

14D2A186-16E9-4A6E-B61A-69E0E20076FB.jpeg

63997B42-FECB-49F2-B8C3-D56439B8B1B5.jpeg

3F4467D3-2587-4F41-9697-FF34FB4EBE72.jpeg

841C95B7-6853-4D8E-A2B3-2E1D941F3BD5.jpeg

4B0E894A-DD99-42EA-9511-78435B96F7F3.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Our first Azamara cruise is coming up in May. I have to say that the French option looks absolutely terrific. Would i be correct in thinking that full details (eg which menus, dates, etc )  will be circulated when we are onboard ? Does anyone have details, menus, pics of the others ? Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kool kruiser said:

Our first Azamara cruise is coming up in May. I have to say that the French option looks absolutely terrific. Would i be correct in thinking that full details (eg which menus, dates, etc )  will be circulated when we are onboard ? Does anyone have details, menus, pics of the others ? Thanks.

You will see the menus when you make the reservations.

On 3/14/2022 at 2:29 PM, Mackdogmolly said:

And you can make reservations as soon as you are onboard. There will be a table outside of the Windows Cafe.

We were able to book in the waiting area in Miami prior to embarkation.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Skicruiser55 said:

Is there only a French chef’s table?

There are different cuisines, depending on the sailing and length of the sailing.

We've done French, Italian, Arabic and California.  You won't know what is to be offered until you board (or if they pre-sell in the terminal, noted here and also offered on our sailing in November).

• Like 1