Grand Northern Europe Voyage - Lisbon to Stockholm - May 6, 2022 to June 28, 2022

mysty

Mysty -  I typed  'mind you don't  fall'  at the end of my post, and then deleted it, thinking it a bit too bossy!  But you are wise to stay put - it is just a shame when you are not getting to the restaurants and lounges; no doubt room service is great.

Lola

• Like 2

We continue to bounce like a rubber ball.  Captain's report at noon indicated there would not be much change.  With the humongous splashes,  spray and rain drops it feels like we are inside a shaken snow globe.  For the first time ever cruising since 2005 Myster had to bounce his way to Reception for medication for his queasiness.  This storm is a beast.   Arrival in Runavik now looks to be late afternoon tomorrow instead of scheduled early morning. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mysty said:

We continue to bounce like a rubber ball.  Captain's report at noon indicated there would not be much change.  With the humongous splashes,  spray and rain drops it feels like we are inside a shaken snow globe.  For the first time ever cruising since 2005 Myster had to bounce his way to Reception for medication for his queasiness.  This storm is a beast.   Arrival in Runavik now looks to be late afternoon tomorrow instead of scheduled early morning. 

I hope the seas get better. When we were heading to Antarctica a few years ago (precovid) the seas reminded me of being in a washing machine for 4 days. Grueling! Stay safe

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Galka said:

How does it [Covid] looks like now?

Are the masks mandatory?

Is everyone wearing them? 

What does the command do to enforce the rules?

If you take the time to read this excellent thread that you’ve replied to, you’ll find the answers to your four questions.

• Like 1

Just now, Stumblefoot said:

O… M… G… that looks miserable!

What was the creaking sound in you video?  Does it go on at all hours of the day?

We think the creaking sound is the door.   Also wind whistles.   A virtual symphony! 😁  It hasn't stopped since very early this morning.   We shuffled our way down the hall to Dolce Vita for a change in scenery.   White knuckled the rail!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, mysty said:

We think the creaking sound is the door.   Also wind whistles.   A virtual symphony! 😁  It hasn't stopped since very early this morning.   We shuffled our way down the hall to Dolce Vita for a change in scenery.   White knuckled the rail!  

The creaking sounds we heard aboard the Moon during rough seas reminded me of when I worked in a high rise building.  When the building swayed during high winds, it had a similar creaking noise.  Engineers will tell you its meant to creak and sway, but it never gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling.  Hoping everyone on the Moon makes it thru this rough patch of the voyage with minimal discomfort.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hallo Misty,

I hope, the Weather will be better soon.

It is not nice, rocking sea, look so miserable, just like the waves by our Antarctica trip 😱

13 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

you’ll find the answers to your four questions.

I have also read the thread, befor I ask.

That's why I know about not the best situation before and  I'm a little worried.

The question is, whether the restriction will be changed by a lot of COVID cases on board?

Every segment of Grand Voyage is a little bit other: the new PAX, sometimes is many people on board,  who don’t want to comply, sometimes not 🤔

I ask about the current situation by segment 4.

Thanks.

See your soon in Copenhagen.

regards 

Galina

Edited by Galka

1 hour ago, mysty said:

Sculling is a national sport here in the Faroe Islands.  A competition is set to go at 3:00 pm today.   Crafts and teams are gathering at the pier where we are docked.

I think they actually started the youngsters’ races earlier. Great views from any deck aft! 

Lining up for the next race: 

B8EDB72C-CA5B-499C-A5B9-792C8B16A1D7.jpeg

And at the finish line:

BE1BCE39-0ABF-45EF-B6F5-9CC00B8D6849.jpeg

Edited by RELS
  • Like 5

After our wonderful Philippine in-suite dinner I sent a note to the Executive Chef expressing our thanks.  Tonight we came back to the suite after dinner to find....

20220611_210354.thumb.jpg.bf36b2ca7d8f55bde752000a68637983.jpg

Along with a note saying "With Compliments" from Executive Chef Christian Davino.  I love Silversea!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1