RCI European Sailing Protocols

Just now, lionheart said:

My flight is 1230 out of Copenhagen, me and family need negative test to fly back to US so trying to figure out how that will work off ship to airport, stand in line to test and wait than luggage security etc 

Have no idea - again, we were discussing embarkation onto the ship.

On 5/6/2022 at 1:54 PM, Biker19 said:

You are both right, sorta:

Vaccinated guests who are up to date must show a negative result for an antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day. Vaccinated guests who are not up to date will have a 1 day window to take this test. 

The wording is confusing on the RCL website, but I thought the position was that unvaccinated children have a 1 day window to take this test, and vaccinated guests who are not up to date can't actually go on the cruise. Isn't it the case that anyone 12 and older has to be fully vaccinated, which means up to date. 

Fully vaccinated = 2 shots, or 1 of Johnson&Johnson

Up to date = booster at any point, or the second dose of the initial series of 2 within 270 days of the cruise.

You can still cruise if you aren't up to date, but not if you have not had the initial shots.

edit:  some European countries will accept a certificate of recovery within a certain timeframe as being up to date, but RCI still mandates the complete initial series to sail.

Edited by Levi is good

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, little britain said:

Rome just been updated: 

Testing 
Pre-Cruise 
All vaccinated guests will be required to present a negative test result for a COVID-19 test taken no more than 2 days before our sailing. 

I just received the same update via email, looks like the website still states 1 day, so hopefully this isn't yet another IT glitch.

1 minute ago, Zedinc said:

I just received the same update via email, looks like the website still states 1 day, so hopefully this isn't yet another IT glitch.

It took over a week after the Italian government abolished the passenger locator form for Royal to remove it from their website so hopefully they are just slow to update.

This is certainly good news for anyone travelling to Italy as it will give more people a chance to test before leaving their home country. We had to travel to Italy first and test there, which was quite harrowing, as you just never know when a test is going to come up positive.

Yes - unfortunately this has come through too late for us to change our appt to the Friday when we could do it at home, as we will be flying to Bologna next Saturday morning.  Already had confirmation from Medicspot that they have no slots left on Friday ;-(

So we have a stressful morning of travel and getting to our appt in time for a 1.30 appointment via our mobiles.  Not only that but cut down on our time in Bologna too.  Which it had come through sooner.

Also interesting that Princess, HAL, and NCL are now at 3 days prior to embarkation (which appear to include Italy).  

Also, a blog is reporting that the European protocols have been extended to June 30. But yet the North American protocols have been extended already to September 30.  More changes for Europe in time for summer?  One can hope I guess. 

Edited by Fairsailing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fairsailing said:

Also interesting that Princess, HAL, and NCL are now at 3 days prior to embarkation (which appear to include Italy).  

Also, a blog is reporting that the European protocols have been extended to June 30. But yet the North American protocols have been extended already to September 30.  More changes for Europe in time for summer?  One can hope I guess. 

Fairsailing, could you please provide where it says the NA protocols have been extended to Sept. 30th?  I can't find that.  Also is that for Royal Caribbean, or the US in general?  We are in OC too 🙂 .

Edited by Levi is good

8 minutes ago, Levi is good said:

Fairsailing, could you please provide where it says the NA protocols have been extended to Sept. 30th?  I can't find that.  Also is that for Royal Caribbean, or the US in general?  We are in OC too 🙂 .

Don’t know if I can refer to other blogs here but it is only for RC.  The blog’s name has the cruise line and….blog 😂

• Like 1

So can someone help me with my current situation. NCL canceled a cruise I was on for next week. Looking to go to Europe now instead. One of my family members had there 2nd dose >270 days ago but is planning to get the booster shot today (only 9 days prior to sailing). 

Is that okay or will she be denied at the port?

4 hours ago, dritan said:

Yes - unfortunately this has come through too late for us to change our appt to the Friday when we could do it at home, as we will be flying to Bologna next Saturday morning.  Already had confirmation from Medicspot that they have no slots left on Friday ;-(

So we have a stressful morning of travel and getting to our appt in time for a 1.30 appointment via our mobiles.  Not only that but cut down on our time in Bologna too.  Which it had come through sooner.

Too late for me too. With all the changing from one day to two days, back to one and now back to two in the space of a few weeks  I have changed my flights from 0700 to 1630, back to 0700 and then back to 1630, as I want to test in the UK. Thrown too much money away on changes so just leaving it now. Too late and too many changes for our cruise in a couple of weeks.

Hopefully it will be of help to those cruising later in the season  ........if it doesn't get changed again 😉

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 3:42 AM, little britain said:

Boarding requirements from Stockholm have not been release yet. Expect test within 1 day of boarding ( that’s the Copenhagen rules)

Yes, USA still requires test before flying back. There is a testing facility at the airport $32pp.   Last Sunday SAS were not accepting the eMed proctored test results and people had to get the test redone at the airport. Not sure about other carriers. 

RCCL website said the emed test is acceptable to fly home from Norway which is why I purchased it! I’m also flying SAS and am now concerned.

7 hours ago, CruiseDealSweeper said:

So can someone help me with my current situation. NCL canceled a cruise I was on for next week. Looking to go to Europe now instead. One of my family members had there 2nd dose >270 days ago but is planning to get the booster shot today (only 9 days prior to sailing). 

Is that okay or will she be denied at the port?

From the RCCL FAQ page, “If you need a booster dose, you can get it as soon as the day you board the cruise and will be considered up to date instantly.”

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sweetsue5680 said:

RCCL website said the emed test is acceptable to fly home from Norway which is why I purchased it! I’m also flying SAS and am now concerned.

Onward flights to US are of no concern to Royal.

You should check the website of the airline you are flying.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sweetsue5680 said:

Unfortunately I've seen this posted in a few places,  that SAS won't accept proctored home tests.  This seems silly given that the US/CDC approves of them and that is who SAS is doing this for,  not sure why SAS gets to make the rules stricter but for now that's the way it is. 

I've read the new updated protocols.  We are vaxed but not boosted.  I understand paying for the extra testing.  What I don't understand is that Greece has dropped basically all covid requirements, yet RCL is still making the non-boosted people test before the Greek ports in addition to Italian-- Turkey was not on the list for additional testing for non-boosted people.  Anyone have any guesses?? I am also wondering if we test for Naples on our last day is that also good for disembarkation? The agent that I spoke to wasn't very helpful and I'm not sure I want to wait in the cue again....  (I also know that CC is not concrete info, but I am really curious what others think or interpret.)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kayguz said:

I've read the new updated protocols.  We are vaxed but not boosted.  I understand paying for the extra testing.  What I don't understand is that Greece has dropped basically all covid requirements, yet RCL is still making the non-boosted people test before the Greek ports in addition to Italian-- Turkey was not on the list for additional testing for non-boosted people.  Anyone have any guesses?? I am also wondering if we test for Naples on our last day is that also good for disembarkation? The agent that I spoke to wasn't very helpful and I'm not sure I want to wait in the cue again....  (I also know that CC is not concrete info, but I am really curious what others think or interpret.)

Also going to have family members in your same situation, and we are probably hours and a couple family discussions away from cancelling our August Odyssey cruise.  😞 My guess, and it's obviously just a guess, is that there might be different protocols in Greece for incoming cruise ships than for people just coming in to Greece.  I can't explain otherwise why they'd force tests in Greek ports with the situation as it is, Greece dropping all requirements.

16 hours ago, kayguz said:

This is called CYA by Royal.