medallion app

joegrumble

hello, i am due to sail on the 25th april on the majestic from Los Angeles. i am having trouble with the medallion app.

if i cannot upload the information in time can i just show up at the port and check in manually.

we are from England and although we have cruised many times from the USA we are a little concerned about the check in procedure

at the moment because of the app not working.

thanks

I cruised out of LA recently.  Just show up and once you get into the terminal a Princess Rep will show you to a kiosk or booth and they will take care of everything for you.  Enjoy your cruise

The only difference between registering on the app and doing it in person is 1) you get to go find the documents you need (and don’t have) when you’re doing it at home on the app, and 2) you’ll have to go through the “blue” line, which makes you wait a bit longer, while those in front of you process their required info, instead of the “green” line, where they’re just verifying you’re you.

So make sure you have all your documents with you, and there won’t be any problems.

one big benefit of getting people to do it early on the app (when it works) is that there are fewer people in the “blue” lane, so the lines should be shorter.  One day, when the app is stable, and they can more accurately predict how many people will pre-check in, they’ll reduce the check in staff, and the blue lane will take longer.  But by all accounts, they have lots of staff to handle the blue lane right now - one benefit of a flakey app!

Welcome to CC. If your query the search box, you will  find that problems with Medallion app near the level of a debacle, so don't feel you are to blame. Also, take some solace that while the app does not work on shore, it is almost equally fouled up at sea. You can use it to find your cruise partner, and buy things, but you cannot make dinner reservations, buy a shore excursion, or put down future cruise deposits.

On balance folks report the Medallion is better on Royal class ships.

In short, show up at the pier, papers and passports in hand and you will be fine. We just got back from our first cruise since Covid and rocked things old school and did fine. The most frustrated passengers were those who were younger and inclined to think the Medallion might actually work at sea. It doesn't.

If you want a reservation, go to the restaurant and book it in person.

Edited by mtnesterz

When it comes to My Time Dining, how does the check in work?  Do you check in on the app and they tell you the wait will be under 10, 10-20, 20-30 etc. or do you physically show up to the MDR and give you a beeper?  Or do you make reservations ahead of time?  Curious since this is our first time on Princess.  Reservations ahead of time is how it was on our January Apex cruises and wait time via the app is how it was on our February Mardi Gras cruises.  Thanks

Such weird things it does. My issue is it won’t link our booking. I’ve tried on the app and on the desktop…you press Link Booking and it just does it for a bit and goes back to it being blank. Oh well. I’ll try again another day I guess!

On 3/17/2022 at 4:58 PM, SNJCruisers said:

When it comes to My Time Dining, how does the check in work?  Do you check in on the app and they tell you the wait will be under 10, 10-20, 20-30 etc. or do you physically show up to the MDR and give you a beeper?  Or do you make reservations ahead of time?  Curious since this is our first time on Princess.  Reservations ahead of time is how it was on our January Apex cruises and wait time via the app is how it was on our February Mardi Gras cruises.  Thanks

you make your dining reservations on the app ahead of time.

Go to the app store.. Click on Medallion Class. There should be an update from 5 days ago.  If it is there, install it, and it may solve some of your problems.  Do not delete your Medallion Class App. when attempting to update!

EE16645D-2621-4D48-B182-1A1E8ED6137B.jpeg

4 hours ago, minnesotasisu said:

you make your dining reservations on the app ahead of time.

Great....stuck in the blue lane.  Everything is entered and it will not accept my downloaded picture.  One final thing to gain green lane and be able to make reservations.  

Carnival does it much better with a check in system via the app.  This way you know what the entertainment is for the evening and you can decide day of if you want dinner at 600 or 700 or 800.  Shows and happy hour consumption influences when dinner is.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Great....stuck in the blue lane.  Everything is entered and it will not accept my downloaded picture.  One final thing to gain green lane and be able to make reservations.  

Carnival does it much better with a check in system via the app.  This way you know what the entertainment is for the evening and you can decide day of if you want dinner at 600 or 700 or 800.  Shows and happy hour consumption influences when dinner is.

Princess has Journey view so you can see all of the activities for the week on the app so you know how to schedule your dining times, and they can be modified at anytime as desired.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, minnesotasisu said:

Princess has Journey view so you can see all of the activities for the week on the app so you know how to schedule your dining times, and they can be modified at anytime as desired.

That's great if the app ever lets me gain the green line.  I have 14 days on the ship and don't want to be relegated to 800+ dinner times.

49 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

That's great if the app ever lets me gain the green line.  I have 14 days on the ship and don't want to be relegated to 800+ dinner times.

It does not matter if you are in the Green line whether you can book via DMW. What matters if the DMW reservation system has been opened for that particular voyage.

What date is embarkation for the cruise?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, brisalta said:

It does not matter if you are in the Green line whether you can book via DMW. What matters if the DMW reservation system has been opened for that particular voyage.

What date is embarkation for the cruise?

4/10 and 4/17

Just yesterday, DH called Princess and selected the Medallion option. The person was extremely helpful, patient, and successful in getting the app working. The rep even filled in some of our info and verified everything, including adding our passports for us. We "checked in" and are in the Green Lane- good to go.

On 3/21/2022 at 5:51 PM, JF - retired RRT said:

You should be able to access DMW.

Just checked.  On a positive note, I contacted Princess and got our pictures added, so we are officially in the green lane, but it wouldn't let me do anything regarding dinner reservations yet.