Atlas Bar on Onward

Riocca

The library on Azamara ships is one of the first places I visit after embarkation. I hope that it will not be replaced by a bar on the other three ships. 
I like to have a glass of champagne or a good cocktail once in a while, but being the Azamara ships in interesting locations and departing late in the evening, I usually enjoy those pre dinner drinks with or without tapas in the ports of call. A glass of Champagne tastes for me better in Nizza for example instead of onboard a ship. Or how about an apperol spritz in Sorrento? Or a lovely Cava in Barcelona?
I enjoy Azamara because it allows us to immerse ourselves in the Destinations enjoying what the destination hast to offer. I do not think I will have a use for a paying bar onboard the Azamara ships.

Ivi 

Edited by travelberlin
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

Never been too cold for me in the library.

15 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

I just hope the same ruination (in my opinion) of a lovely quiet relaxing area with a great selection of reading material does not also occur on the sister ships.

It has been my "go to" place as an early riser for a relaxing early morning read on 30 cruises.

I have no recollection of it being an icebox as some have said, but I do dress for the time of day, not expecting midday temperatures a 6am.

I dress for the usual, somewhat chilly cruise ship temperatures.  I do not go to the Drawing Room (or anywhere else!) at 6am, and I do not expect midday temperatures even at midday.  I also do not have polar bear ancestors, although some may… 😁

• Haha 2

Our favorite places, according to our mood and the time of day, are the Patio for lunch, the Drawing Room to get/return a book, the Den for trivia contests, the Sunset Verandah for a libation whenever it suits us, and the Living Room to see what's ahead (and for little nibblies).

Of course we have to visit Customer Relations when something goes amiss, where we consult with Ferdinand the Fixer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aardvaark said:

Our favorite places, according to our mood and the time of day, are the Patio for lunch, the Drawing Room to get/return a book, the Den for trivia contests, the Sunset Verandah for a libation whenever it suits us, and the Living Room to see what's ahead (and for little nibblies).

Of course we have to visit Customer Relations when something goes amiss, where we consult with Ferdinand the Fixer.

That sounds just right. I don't know Ferdinand the Fixer. I will need to get to know him.

5 hours ago, laurieb said:

And we’ve never spent time in the drawing room, except before a chef’s table.  We’re all different with different likes.

This cruise the drawing room is busy. Added to that being an important Jewish festival they have severs events happening- something Azamara does well and sensitively. It’s going to be very difficult for the onboard team to do that going forward. 

• Like 1

Just to say that I did see some posts on social media from crew training for the Atlas Bar. It was kind of what I expected.  Making the fancy cocktails with the use of dry ice and other visual presentations. All a bit style over substance for me, but as always I'm willing to see how it all turns out.  Not keen on them sucking up the library space to do it though. 

Phil 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Just to say that I did see some posts on social media from crew training for the Atlas Bar. It was kind of what I expected.  Making the fancy cocktails with the use of dry ice and other visual presentations. All a bit style over substance for me, but as always I'm willing to see how it all turns out.  Not keen on them sucking up the library space to do it though. 

Phil 

Azamaras profile and segment would, IMO, contradict establishing venues on board that are revenue driven. The Atlas Bar on Onward is an experiment and hopefully a short one.

If the new Onboard Revenue Manager continues with these types of changes he might as well paint the crown and anchor on the chimneys. It is not the product we are looking for in Azamara.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

It sounds like the bars at Celebrity…maybe some people enjoy those shows. We will see how long they continue to enjoy after having been there…

Ivi

• Like 3

16 hours ago, laurieb said:

And we’ve never spent time in the drawing room, except before a chef’s table.  We’re all different with different likes.

So maybe this is the reason why you will not miss them. In this case it is more than different likes. It is a matter of liking a product because of a certain level of offers and seeing that this product is changing and replacing venues for paying bars, which most of the usual customers do not seem to think are necessary.

Ivi

• Like 1

We will have our first Azamara experience next month - assuming Onward is on time. We're looking forward to trying the Atlas bar - we've only known this space as the very underused library on Oceania's R ships. However, I am disappointed to see reference to 'delicacies including foie-gras' being served alongside the drinks. Well done on the plant based menus, Azamara, but no points on being tone deaf in using an ingredient that involves the most horrendous cruelty in its production. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

I've not had the pleasure of an Azamara cruise yet, but I have been an Oceania regular since they started so I know the R Ships well, but this bar concept on Onward does solve a couple of my "O" bugbears.  With it being a paid venue it should mean that the place would be free from any entertainment activities other than music - "O" insist on holding evening trivia in Martinis, with participants rarely purchasing any drinks and completely changing the ambience of an otherwise pleasant space.  The libraries on "O" are little more than daytime dormitories & I find them unwelcoming spaces; due to the layout of the library on the larger ships you can't even get to some of the bookcases without waking someone up.  I'll definitely be using the Atlas Bar & enjoying everything it offers.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LaCroisiereS'amuse said:

I've not had the pleasure of an Azamara cruise yet, but I have been an Oceania regular since they started so I know the R Ships well, but this bar concept on Onward does solve a couple of my "O" bugbears.  With it being a paid venue it should mean that the place would be free from any entertainment activities other than music - "O" insist on holding evening trivia in Martinis, with participants rarely purchasing any drinks and completely changing the ambience of an otherwise pleasant space.  The libraries on "O" are little more than daytime dormitories & I find them unwelcoming spaces; due to the layout of the library on the larger ships you can't even get to some of the bookcases without waking someone up.  I'll definitely be using the Atlas Bar & enjoying everything it offers.

Just to let you know that Azamara holds no evening trivia events. They are limited to morning and afternoon in the Living Room and The Den. They do have evening musical entertainment in both those venues at certain times. 

Phil 

• Like 3

On 4/9/2022 at 5:26 PM, marinaro44 said:

That would mean closing Aqualina to other passengers.  I hope that never happens.

Not necessarily. They’ve held Chef’s Tables in one end of Aqualina without closing the rest of the restaurant. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jim in OR said:

Not necessarily. They’ve held Chef’s Tables in one end of Aqualina without closing the rest of the restaurant. 

I think the style of the Best of the Best as it used to be would not transfer well to the end of Aqualina. It would also be quite off putting for any guests along the side. It would also be pretty noisy 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Jim in OR said:

B of B is a big step beyond a Chef's Table.  Seats 24, including four officers.  Served by four or six butlers.  

• Like 1

i booked my azamara cruise with my travel agent.  do the travel agents receive informational emails from azamara?  i've never received an informational email from azamara.  how can i get them to email me directly?  and please don't say "call them and ask" because their p;hone lines have horrible wait times!

48 minutes ago, USC Adventurer said:

i booked my azamara cruise with my travel agent.  do the travel agents receive informational emails from azamara?  i've never received an informational email from azamara.  how can i get them to email me directly?  and please don't say "call them and ask" because their p;hone lines have horrible wait times!

Certainly in the UK unless it’s in about the final week all information emails come via your travel agent. Once you’ve done online checkin and given your email address more things come direct. If your referring to information about more things to book onboard like excursions they will come direct to you. But anything relating to itinerary changes goes to our agent only. They then send it on 

2 hours ago, USC Adventurer said:

You can ask your travel agent to add your email address on the booking. You will both receive emails.

• Like 1