Anyone else "kicked off" 2/12/23 Reflection?

RealDeal

Long story short, I found out "by accident" last week that my reservation for this cruise was cancelled. (I had called asking a question about the booking, then was told it was cancelled.) I was booked via a TA and no one ever contacted me to let me know the sailing wouldn't be happening. I spoke to my TA & he doesn't know what happened other than it was cancelled. I called Captain's Club, got transferred 3 times and was finally told the agency was notified in February & an agency rep contacted X on 3/11 to cancel my sailing. My TA is saying there is nobody at the agency w/the name X gave me as the person who cancelled it. X told me whether I was offered any OBC to move sailings is something I can only find out from my TA. I have a manager looking into it.

Just wondering if anyone reading this was also "booted" from that sailing & whether you were offered OBC to switch.  

Just now, klfhngr said:

Have you checked out the Roll Call?

Yes. I posted there but no replies yet. There was at least one other person who was notified, but I'm trying to determine if any OBC was offered to switch. I did move the sailing to something else but was not made aware of any additional OBC. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, klfhngr said:

Have you checked out the Roll Call?

It's just kind of frustrating that SOMEONE cancelled my reservation without even discussing it with me...and my agent can't explain to me what happened? 

The entire sailing was cancelled.  I saw that was posted on the Roll Call on March 1.  When a sailing is cancelled the cruise line contacts the TAs and it is their responsibility to notify there clients.  The person who should have notified was your TA, you are their client and Celebrity pays them  to service your booking. 

The reason the sailing was cancelled is that the ship has been chartered. 

It is disappointing when that happens, we have had it happen to us a few times.  We were offered the option to move to a few other sailing with price protection and and we may have received  a minimal amount of OBC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

the 2/12 sailing is completely closed out in espresso and all guest bookings appear to be cancelled ( my agency had about a dozen cabins booked before the sailing was cancelled).  Best guess is a full-ship charter has bumped guests as it's only the 1 week.  In that case the cancellation would be initiated by Celebrity not a TA and there would have been an email sent to the agency listing affected bookings and compensation offers for moving/rebooking (if any).  The agency should have then notified the guests affected.

Ultimately it is the responsibility of the agency to inform guests when a sailing is cancelled (if booked through a TA).  They need to contact the Celebrity redeployment team to correctly rebook affected guests, the general reservations team at Celebrity will not have any information.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, RealDeal said:

It's just kind of frustrating that SOMEONE cancelled my reservation without even discussing it with me...and my agent can't explain to me what happened? 

I agree, I'd be pissed off!! Understood!

Waiting for response from agency customer service. I'm not "whining" about it being cancelled...it's that I wasn't informed & given options, so I'm just trying to find out what options others on the sailing were given. 

1 hour ago, RealDeal said:

Sounds like it has been chartered and sounds like your TA dropped the ball.  

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Methinks you need a new TA.

LOL. RIGHT?? I understand these are difficult times, but to not inform me that not only was my sailing cancelled but my entire reservation was cancelled and refunded is not great....I'm understanding to a point. LOL.  

I as wait listed on April 18th Constallation  TA for a solo inside cabin. A week ago I called with my wait list reservation number and was told that it was cancelled for non payment. I asked why I was not contacted about payment and was told it was my fault for not calling them sooner.7I thought I was the customer, but apparently not !

25 minutes ago, RealDeal said:

LOL. RIGHT?? I understand these are difficult times, but to not inform me that not only was my sailing cancelled but my entire reservation was cancelled and refunded is not great....I'm understanding to a point. LOL.  

quit your whining Lisa!

LOL

21 minutes ago, EDLOS said:

I as wait listed on April 18th Constallation  TA for a solo inside cabin. A week ago I called with my wait list reservation number and was told that it was cancelled for non payment. I asked why I was not contacted about payment and was told it was my fault for not calling them sooner.7I thought I was the customer, but apparently not !

You're not the customer because you did not pay the fare.  Did you make a deposit?

11 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

WeAllthinks the OP needs a new TA! 

den

Again, LOL. Still waiting for cust service response. I will update when I get one. Again, I understand that the sailing was chartered and I'm not the only one who was "thrown off." I was just trying to find out if others on this sailing were offered OBC. FYI, it is one of the larger agencies. 

Edited by RealDeal
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, RealDeal said:

I think you know by now that this ship is now a charter, this happens all the time.  You were able to switch to another cruise, good on you, hope you enjoy that.  Your post really seems to be about getting some OBC, I ask OBC for what?  Your cruise did not happen, you suffered no loss, you did not miss a port from a ship that did not sail.  Seems to me you just want something for nothing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

I think you know by now that this ship is now a charter, this happens all the time.  You were able to switch to another cruise, good on you, hope you enjoy that.  Your post really seems to be about getting some OBC, I ask OBC for what?  Your cruise did not happen, you suffered no loss, you did not miss a port from a ship that did not sail.  Seems to me you just want something for nothing.

Yeah ok. Whatever. I'm just trying to get the facts before I talk to my ta again. Would be really stupid of me to give up obc if it were offered. If not, no problem, but apparently I have to do my own research here. If you don't understand that, I am truly sorry.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, jelayne said:

The entire sailing was cancelled.  I saw that was posted on the Roll Call on March 1.  When a sailing is cancelled the cruise line contacts the TAs and it is their responsibility to notify there clients.  The person who should have notified was your TA, you are their client and Celebrity pays them  to service your booking. 

The reason the sailing was cancelled is that the ship has been chartered. 

It is disappointing when that happens, we have had it happen to us a few times.  We were offered the option to move to a few other sailing with price protection and and we may have received  a minimal amount of OBC.

X cancelled our cruise within days of sailing, several years ago. Our TA called me at the office (overbooking I think).  If we cancelled within the next hour or less we were offered full refund of our cruise cost and a free cruise 6 weeks later.  Had to call DH quickly and he thought it was a 'no brainer'.  IMO a very good deal.  Looks as though no attempt is made like that now.

Edited by Oceangoer2

18 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

You're not the customer because you did not pay the fare.  Did you make a deposit?

I was registered  with a wait list confirmation number. Nowhere in the process was I asked to make a deposit. I was dealing directly with Celebrity. I do believe I should have been regarded as a customer having a confirmation number and I had and would have used FCC to pay .

7 minutes ago, EDLOS said:

I was registered  with a wait list confirmation number. Nowhere in the process was I asked to make a deposit. I was dealing directly with Celebrity. I do believe I should have been regarded as a customer having a confirmation number and I had and would have used FCC to pay .

You were on a wait list, no money exchanged hands, as it were.  What are you looking for Celebrity to do?

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

You were on a wait list, no money exchanged hands, as it were.  What are you looking for Celebrity to do?

Simply go through their Waitlist at a given point in time and contact me (potential customer if you prefer) and say we now have a cabin and you need to pay or your reservation is being canceled as there are no vacant cabins.   Just plain old  "Good Customer Communications "

It's not complicated !