Has anyone noticed the drink prices in the martini bar?

We are sailing on Beyond in June and was just checking the app and what it has to offer. On previous sailings if you have the premium package you get the full size martinis in the martini bar and they were normally around $15, today on the app they are showing martinis for $15/$18. Does that mean that you only get the really small glasses for $15 now?

2 hours ago, little miss chatterbox said:

We are sailing on Beyond in June and was just checking the app and what it has to offer. On previous sailings if you have the premium package you get the full size martinis in the martini bar and they were normally around $15, today on the app they are showing martinis for $15/$18. Does that mean that you only get the really small glasses for $15 now?

With the package yes, if you want the $18 martini, you pay the diff + tax

On cruises departing from the UK, they adjust the prices to include the gratuity, to avoid objections from those not used to tipping.  When that happens, the drink packages are adjusted to include the new price. 

For example on a "regular" sailing, where the drink is $15.00, if one did not have the package, they would get a bill for $18.00, broken down as Drink: $15.00 - Gratuity: $3.00 (20%).  ON a UK departure, the bill would simply read "$18.00, with no line item for gratuity. 

This is the reason for the $15/$18 note with a slash betweeen the figures. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There have been 2 prices for Martinis at the Martini bar on E class since the start.

The $15 martini is about the same size as the Martini Bars on the other ships,

Unless you ask for the larger martini  you will be served the $15 martini which is covered by the Premium package.

• Like 2

I only glanced at the menu but I believe martini's were priced at $12 each. I ordered the 25th Anniversary and believe it was priced at $16.00.  No idea really as I have the DBP and have not been charged for a drink since setting foot onboard. 

12 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I only glanced at the menu but I believe martini's were priced at $12 each. I ordered the 25th Anniversary and believe it was priced at $16.00.  No idea really as I have the DBP and have not been charged for a drink since setting foot onboard. 

Martinis on E class are $15/18.  There are Premium martinis  other than the Gangster martini I no idea what those are.  This is part of the  menu90F688FA-F5C8-4E65-B21A-92732DB01002.thumb.jpeg.078368dd2b4f9dfdcff0eb6dff36f8cf.jpegD12E2948-B70A-4DE1-BC05-A0114387ED51.thumb.jpeg.514de8d0f85aa0bb86d90ebea3f44c3e.jpeg

28 minutes ago, 39august said:

Is this only on E class ships, or is this change also on S class, please?

E class.  They have many different martinis that are not available on S and M class. They also have the traditional martinis.

5 hours ago, jelayne said:

Martinis on E class are $15/18.  There are Premium martinis  other than the Gangster martini I no idea what those are.  This is part of the  menu90F688FA-F5C8-4E65-B21A-92732DB01002.thumb.jpeg.078368dd2b4f9dfdcff0eb6dff36f8cf.jpegD12E2948-B70A-4DE1-BC05-A0114387ED51.thumb.jpeg.514de8d0f85aa0bb86d90ebea3f44c3e.jpeg

I never knew a Manhattan was considered a martini. I learn something  every day. 😉Might have to visit the Martini Bar if they are making a Manhattan Martini with Buffalo Trace.

7 minutes ago, Straughn said:

I never knew a Manhattan was considered a martini. I learn something  every day. 😉Might have to visit the Martini Bar if they are making a Manhattan Martini with Buffalo Trace.

It’s a Manhattan martini with Buffalo Trace and vermouth. Just got off the Apex this morning and one of your friends ordered one every night.

This is all pretty simple, when you finish one, order another.

6 hours ago, Straughn said:

hI never knew a Manhattan was considered a martini. I learn something  every day. 😉Might have to visit the Martini Bar if they are making a Manhattan Martini with Buffalo Trace.

I had a app from Van Gogh Vodka.   It had 14,000 Martinis.  One was a whiskey martini.   2 parts whiskey, 1 part vermouth and a cherry.  Pour into a martini  glass.   It is a Manhattan in a martini glass.   It gets better.  Orange juice martini.   4 parts OJ.  1 part vodka.  Pour into a martini glass.   It is a screwdriver but served in a martini glass.  Marketing.   If it is a martini you can charge more.   Apparently if it is poured into a martini glass it is a martini.   Don’t order a cola martini or a water martini because you will be paying a premium.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, miched said:

Pour into a martini glass.   It is a screwdriver but served in a martini glass.  Marketing.  

I've been waiting for the Cocktail Martini (trademark pending) to be offered while onboard.

Anything you request goes into the martini glass, and yes, you can expect to pay more.