Covid Testing On Date of Departure Not Accepted

67Miner

Celebrity just notified me this morning via email m notified that COVID testing must be completed ONLY on Easter Sunday for April 18 departure.  Testing on date of departure will NOT be honored.  Too late to order monitored testing kits and no public or private testing center open on Easter Sunday.  Sadly, no option other than to cancel sailing.  

2 minutes ago, 67Miner said:

Celebrity just notified me this morning via email m notified that COVID testing must be completed ONLY on Easter Sunday for April 18 departure.  Testing on date of departure will NOT be honored.  Too late to order monitored testing kits and no public or private testing center open on Easter Sunday.  Sadly, no option other than to cancel sailing.  

I do not understand.  Why not get tested on Saturday for a Monday departure?  That is within 2 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, 67Miner said:

You have options. How badly to you want to go?   fasttestnow.com  You have to pay for the tests but they have appointments available on Sunday (at multiple locations).  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, catspaw1 said:

So  the covid test must be done only within 24 hours of departure?

Yes, to board the ship.

AND not the same day as more than a few hopeful boarding passengers thought was okay and were left at the pier sorely disappointed and upset.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

1 hour ago, goofysmom99 said:

You have options. How badly to you want to go?   fasttestnow.com  You have to pay for the tests but they have appointments available on Sunday (at multiple locations).  

We used them in December in Ft. Lauderdale for a rapid antigen test needed to board the Silhouette. Had our results by e-mail in about 20 minutes.   Learned about them right here on CC! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 67Miner said:

Walgreens does testing on Sundays and they offer the rapid NAAT 🔴 which is 100% accepted 

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

Yes, to board the ship.

AND not the same day as more than a few hopeful boarding passengers thought was okay and were left at the pier sorely disappointed and upset.

bon voyage

But within 24 hours means anytime from 24 hours before to boarding day surely. Because if you had it on boarding day it would be within the 24 hours wouldn’t it? Why is an on the day test result less  worthy than the day before? 

For the Reflection 4/18 TA crossing we rec'd word last week that testing must be done 24 hours prior on Sunday 4?17. If you check the roll call testing sites in FLL for Easter Sunday were noted. We are getting ours in Raleigh Sunday rnorning (Wallgreens) before our flight.

3 minutes ago, delondin said:

But within 24 hours means anytime from 24 hours before to boarding day surely. Because if you had it on boarding day it would be within the 24 hours wouldn’t it? Why is an on the day test result less  worthy than the day before? 

I suggest you read the requirements at X's website for a full un-opinionated and direct response to your comment about testing.

Do as you believe is correct, yet understand what X has stated is correct and if you find issue with their written policy, that is something to take up with them and not here on CC.

In health and bon voyage

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I suggest you read the requirements at X's website for a full un-opinionated and direct response to your comment about testing.

Do as you believe is correct, yet understand what X has stated is correct and if you find issue with their written policy, that is something to take up with them and not here on CC.

In health and bon voyage

Unfortunately I can’t find where x have posted the testing requirements for Europe. On my check ins for  my 2 European cruises they say they have not decided on protocol as yet even though they are imminent. Perhaps you would direct me as to where to find this info. At least then I would know what I have to do myself. Thanks. 

Further information.  This is the communication I received from Celebrity that's specific to my cruise date>. Very clearly it shows collection date from 4/17 to 4/18.

Requirements

Vaccine Icon

Vaccination
Required

AstraZeneca, Covaxin, Covishield, Johnson & Johnson, Moderna, Novavax, Pfizer, Sinopharm, Sinovac

We accept a mixed vaccination series consisting of doses from different approved manufacturers. Mixed vaccines may not be accepted at all ports of call. Guests who are vaccinated with a mixed series may not be allowed to go ashore at these ports, or may need to undergo additional testing if they wish to go ashore.

COVID Test Icon

Pre-Arrival Negative Test
Required

COVID 19 PCR TEST , or COVID 19 ANTIGEN TEST

Collected from: 04/17/2022 - 04/18/2022

COVID Test Icon

Embarkation Negative Test
Not Required

COVID 19 ANTIGEN TEST
Sail Date: 04/18/2022

COVID Test Icon

Debarkation Negative Test
Not Required

Debarkation Date: 05/03/2022

2 minutes ago, delondin said:

Unfortunately I can’t find where x have posted the testing requirements for Europe. On my check ins for  my 2 European cruises they say they have not decided on protocol as yet even though they are imminent. Perhaps you would direct me as to where to find this info. At least then I would know what I have to do myself. Thanks. 

From X's UK website here.

Under the heading 'Testing & Screening'.

In health and bon voyage

I am on the Millenium leaving April 18 and this is what I received:

We're as excited as you are about your upcoming cruise. Take a minute to review your boarding requirements so we all stay healthy at sea.
Check: VACCINATION

Gather your COVID-19 vaccination documentation to bring to the terminal.
Check: GET TESTED

Vaccinated Guests: Bring a negative result of an Antigen or PCR COVID-19 test taken within two days of sailing.

Unvaccinated guests 2 to 11 years old: Bring a negative result of a PCR test taken within three days of sailing. This test may not be taken on boarding day.