Testing Positive for Covid onboard Silhouette transatlantic

jetblue

15 minutes ago, jetblue said:

Yes, I thought for sure I would be on deck 6. It's a big downgrade from my suite but what can you do. I'd rather not get anyone else sick (including you!).

I know it must really be tough.   I wish they would give you 2 connecting rooms so you wouldn't feel so cramped.   We have never discussed what we would do if one of us tested positive.  Will have to have that discussion this evening. 

Hopefully we can all keep you entrained during your "Solitary Confinement"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Not much of a consolation but you will receive compensation for the days in isolation, I believe FCC.  You may want to have your DH inquire with the suite manager at some point so you receive before you disembark.  It's always difficult to resolve these things after you are home.

Yes I received a letter about that, you receive a prorated refund of the cruise fare for the number of days in isolation.

What restaurants are you able to order food from and are they offering you a beverage set up? Much as food and drink may not be your priority whilst you are not feeling too good it would be nice to know you are being well looked after.

Also are you being medically monitored, is anyone phoning you to ask how you are?

Again, sincere best wishes for a speedy recovery…

• Like 1

I'm very sorry to hear about your diagnosis and that you lost your suite!  Thank you, though, for being responsible and doing the right thing for your fellow passengers.  Hoping you get a negative test in time to get back to your suite before the end of the cruise.  Wishing you a quick recovery!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, farawayatsea said:

With maybe some not getting the test when they feel symptoms it just shows the importance of masks and taking care generally not to mingle too much.

JetBlue - Can you leave your cabin at all?

No, they did not leave me with a room key, so unless the ship is sinking, I can't go anywhere.

• Haha 2

I tested positive a few days into the 2nd leg of my March BTB on Silhouette. I was moved from my RS to a balcony cabin on deck 6. On day 5 I tested positive again and spent the rest of my cruise there. No idea how many covid cases were on board. Heard the tail end of what I assumed were 2 different covid announcements, only heard the “be sure to wash your hands” part. During my isolation stay had 3 different couples as neighbors. Don’t know if one or both were positive.

Only had mild cold symptoms. Glad my waiter tested negative. Crew spend at least 10 days in isolation, passengers 5. Catching covid is a big stress on staffing.

Since the current variant is so contagious, it seems irresponsible to me to hide your symptoms and not get tested. Does “stop mingling’” include room service dining only and not leaving your cabin for the rest of the cruise? Exposing the cabin steward and whoever delivers your meals? No one entered my isolation cabin even when fully suited up. 

I wore a KN95 mask most of the time, avoided crowds and still caught covid. 

Yes, it was disappointing to be kicked out of my pretty cabin. (Hadn’t sailed in a RS in over 10 years, this was supposed to be a special treat.) But couldn’t argue with isolation being necessary.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 4

She did not lose her suite as her husband is still in it.   She is also not in an inside cabin but is in a ocean view.   She will also receive credit for all of her days in isolation.   It’s wonderful she can forward with her symptoms, not everyone is as ethical.   

• Like 7

2 hours ago, chemmo said:

What restaurants are you able to order food from and are they offering you a beverage set up? Much as food and drink may not be your priority whilst you are not feeling too good it would be nice to know you are being well looked after.

Also are you being medically monitored, is anyone phoning you to ask how you are?

Again, sincere best wishes for a speedy recovery…

Since I was in a suite prior to this, I can order from basically anywhere, Luminae on down. It's funny you mention drinks because when I got to the room there were no liquids at all. I finally got them to send me a whole case of water, don't want to dehydrate. They also mentioned I could order bar drinks but not really in the mood for that, maybe if I start feeling better.

Just received a wellness call from my retreat concierge and from guest relations, so we'll see how often that happens.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gordylad said:

sorry to hear about this....maybe its just me but if I "woke up with cold chills and congestion" I think I would take some paracetamol, some wine and go back to bed for the day as the thought of being stuck in a room for days doesn't fit well.

Extraordinarily selfish. Unbelievable some people. 

-The Husband

• Like 43
  • Thanks 6

A doctor visited daily, standing outside the doorway. Scanned my temperature, took an O2 reading and asked questions. (He introduced himself, so I know he was a doctor.) Guest Relations and the Suite Concierge called at least once daily to check how I was doing and ask if I needed anything. They asked if I wanted any games or puzzles. Room Service called a few times to ask how my meal was. A few times crossword or sudoku puzzles were dropped off.

• Like 10

Thanks for the support to myself and hubby.

We, like many (but clearly not all), try to be decent people and do the right thing for our fellow guests and the fabulous crew. 

It sucks, no doubt, but a small price to pay to ensure everyone else's health and safety. 

Love you honey! ❤️

• Like 36
  • Thanks 5

I'm so sorry this happened on your cruise. I hope you get better as soon as possible and can rejoin your husband.

Based on what some others have shared about their Covid isolation, I wonder if Deck 6 was already full so you had to go to Deck 3?

Just now, Stteenvoern said:

Thanks for the support to myself and hubby.

We, like many (but clearly not all), try to be decent people and do the right thing for our fellow guests and the fabulous crew. 

It sucks, no doubt, but a small price to pay to ensure everyone else's health and safety. 

Love you honey! ❤️

You guys are now my favorite CC couple ever!  Such a good attitude.  Thank you for keeping us up to date and informed.  To all you "non-reporters", regardless of how you feel about the Celebrity protocol regarding Covid, you have agreed to follow it.  If you're not willing to do so, then don't cruise at this time.  People on the ship (especially crew) are counting on others to do what they have agreed to, regardless of their personal feelings.  

• Like 45
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, AlaskainJuly said:

I'm so sorry this happened on your cruise. I hope you get better as soon as possible and can rejoin your husband.

Based on what some others have shared about their Covid isolation, I wonder if Deck 6 was already full so you had to go to Deck 3?

It's quite possible, the retreat manager said he will see if he can get me moved but I don't have my hopes up.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Julma said:

You guys are now my favorite CC couple ever!  Such a good attitude.  Thank you for keeping us up to date and informed.  To all you "non-reporters", regardless of how you feel about the Celebrity protocol regarding Covid, you have agreed to follow it.  If you're not willing to do so, then don't cruise at this time.  People on the ship (especially crew) are counting on others to do what they have agreed to, regardless of their personal feelings.  

Thanks for the kind words. And I will add the Crew on the Silhouette are nothing short of spectacular. One of the best mix of crews I've ever experienced on Celebrity. My thoughts are with them as getting isolated can ruin their income and I'm especially thinking of my luminae waiter who probably had to isolate today too.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jetblue said:

It's quite possible, the retreat manager said he will see if he can get me moved but I don't have my hopes up.

I sure hope you get moved to a balcony. Outside air sure beats only a window view. I got to watch “my” lifeboat get lowered a go for a spin. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jagggg said:

Does the medical staff provide you any medicine? 

They asked if I needed anything, I declined, but not sure what they even have to offer. I think my symptoms are pretty mild so they probably aren't that concerned.

1 hour ago, gordylad said:

sorry to hear about this....maybe its just me but if I "woke up with cold chills and congestion" I think I would take some paracetamol, some wine and go back to bed for the day as the thought of being stuck in a room for days doesn't fit well.

And then what? Back out and moving about the ship the next day spreading the virus around? SMH

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jetblue said:

This may be where your husband can help, since he can be out and about.  A loud, firm voice (not yelling) may get attention.  I'm sure they would like to keep other passengers, especially suite passengers from hearing too much about having to be moved to Deck 3 with no fresh air because you did the right thing and reported Covid symptoms.