Insurance Question

chicopaige

I am currently on the Ruby and am scheduled to reboard her on the 23rd of April.

With all the hiccups on this cruise I have decided to cancel that sailing.  I have Princess Platinum insurance.  I know I need to cancel with my travel agent.  My question is how do I get my credit for the cancelled cruise?  Is it automatic, does my travel agent submit request it or do I need to contact someone?

It is not automatic. You’ll have to cancel with insurance first. It will be denied because you are not cancelling for a covered reason. Then you’ll have to contact Princess for the FCC under Cancel for Any Reason. That part is provided by Princess and is not insurance.

You would contact your TA ( or Princess if you don’t use a TA) to cancel and then you need to file a claim with AON (insurance company). The insurance company will review and if not a covered reason they will deny the claim and then Princess will issue the FCC under Cancel For Any Reason ( minus cost of insurance).  

Here is a link to the insurance info if you need it  https://affinitytravelcert.com/document/pdfs/PCT_Plt_Landing.html

here is a link to the claim form if you need it https://www.aontravelclaim.com/#/home

Edited by Shelly97060
Added more info
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I had to cancel for medical reasons several days before embarkation and informed Princess that I was cancelling. I then put in a claim with AON against the Platinum PVP  and supplied a copy of the sick note from the medical clinic and other documents.

Any idea how long it takes AON before they get in touch with you with about a claim?

Edited by brisalta

20 minutes ago, brisalta said:

I had to cancel for medical reasons several days before embarkation and informed Princess that I was cancelling. I then put in a claim with AON against the Platinum PVP  and supplied a copy of the sick note from the medical clinic and other documents.

Any idea how long it takes AON before they get in touch with you with about a claim?

You should have received an email notifying you they received your claim. They say. …. 21 business days. I’m still waiting for a claim submitted in late March. Princess did finally refund some credit to cards a couple of weeks ago. They’ve known since late February of cancellation. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You should have received an email notifying you they received your claim. They say. …. 21 business days. I’m still waiting for a claim submitted in late March. Princess did finally refund some credit to cards a couple of weeks ago. They’ve known since late February of cancellation. 

Two days ago we received our payment for claim that was submitted March 21.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Update...as much as I can get.

2 passengers cancelled a March cruise in February.  I went solo.  Opened claim in mid March.  I have had to do all the calling to get any information.  AON gave me a detailed timeline.  On April 25, AON completed findings and sent it on to Princess. 

It is now May 26.  Today, I live chatted with Princess.  Useless activity.  Agent told me I had to have my TA follow up.  Misinformation.  No...TA has no more to do with this.

I called Princess asking to speak to department that handles insurance.  Spoke to a very nice rep for 1 hour and 15 minutes.  Only to be on wait here and there and finally told to call back to Customer Solutions Department on the East Coast 6 AM to 6 PM.  

More misinformation.  Was first informed that the refund was given back as FCC (oh, no!).  With more searching, no, that was incorrect.  No FCC issued to cancelled passengers.  I told rep that these 2 passengers were first timer who will NEVER ever again book with Princess.  FCC was be worthless to them.

Asked if "I" had to call back tomorrow.  Rep told me that she documented my file so that I would just have to ask for the department during business hours.  I asked what they could do for me.  She said that they "may be able to" expedite claim or move it along a little faster.  Keep in mind that Princess now has had my funds since December.  Also was told claim would take 21 business days (not 3 months).

Has anyone received a reimbursement (not FCC) in a timely manner?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Update...as much as I can get.

2 passengers cancelled a March cruise in February.  I went solo.  Opened claim in mid March.  I have had to do all the calling to get any information.  AON gave me a detailed timeline.  On April 25, AON completed findings and sent it on to Princess. 

It is now May 26.  Today, I live chatted with Princess.  Useless activity.  Agent told me I had to have my TA follow up.  Misinformation.  No...TA has no more to do with this.

I called Princess asking to speak to department that handles insurance.  Spoke to a very nice rep for 1 hour and 15 minutes.  Only to be on wait here and there and finally told to call back to Customer Solutions Department on the East Coast 6 AM to 6 PM.  

More misinformation.  Was first informed that the refund was given back as FCC (oh, no!).  With more searching, no, that was incorrect.  No FCC issued to cancelled passengers.  I told rep that these 2 passengers were first timer who will NEVER ever again book with Princess.  FCC was be worthless to them.

Asked if "I" had to call back tomorrow.  Rep told me that she documented my file so that I would just have to ask for the department during business hours.  I asked what they could do for me.  She said that they "may be able to" expedite claim or move it along a little faster.  Keep in mind that Princess now has had my funds since December.  Also was told claim would take 21 business days (not 3 months).

Has anyone received a reimbursement (not FCC) in a timely manner?

I cancelled a couple of days before a cruise end of April. Made a claim for cancellation due to medical problem with AON on May 2nd and received notification May 23rd that the claim had been resolved and that checks/cheques were being cut to reimburse the fare and should be in the mail soon.

1 hour ago, brisalta said:

I cancelled a couple of days before a cruise end of April. Made a claim for cancellation due to medical problem with AON on May 2nd and received notification May 23rd that the claim had been resolved and that checks/cheques were being cut to reimburse the fare and should be in the mail soon.

Thank you.  AON told me that it takes them 2 days to cut the check and it gets in the mail on day 2.  Then it is up to USPS to get it you (7-14 days...haha).  I can't understand why my claim is taking so long.  I do understand that mine is probably more complicated than most.  And I was assured that I would be given interest...whatever that means.

• Like 1

We cancelled our April cruise in March when Doctor told me I couldn't fly after a long illness from Jan. through the month of Feb. into March. The insurance company personal we spoke with were very helpful. Princess reimbursed part of the cruise to our credit card and AON reimbursed us the balance minus the insurance cost within five weeks of submitting Doctors letter. We will continue to use the Princess insurance because of the service we received from the insurance company and hope we never need to again. Yes I know it can be cheaper from other sources.

Friday update.  Called Princess.  

30 minutes on hold for a rep.  She read my notes.  Since I was told to be connected to Customer Solution Department...she did.

2 minutes on hold for rep.  She said she was there for TA's but would get me to the right department.  i gave her my booking.  She said it was not a valid number.  Should have started with a number.  Explained to her that everyone else was able to pull up my booking.  She was successful and read my notes.  Told me it was the wrong department.  I needed Customer Relations Department.

Currently on hold now for 1 hour and 15 minutes.  Since I have nothing to do, thought I would chime in.  Still waiting on hold.  In the meantime, I was watching the latest Webinair on how they are improving the wait time in Call Center Performance.  No kidding...couldn't be more ironic.  

• Like 1

I think Princess has won this battle.  I'm done.

Finally reached a customer relations agent.  Very nice lady trying to understand what was transpiring.  Said she had to look into this more.  Asked for my phone number.  Put me on hold.  After 4 hours with Princess and three agents, I got disconnected.  To her credit, she tried to call back 6 times and each call dropped.  She finally gave up.  And so will I.  I managed to get an email out to Princess Customer Relations during this hold time.  

I just hope that she was able to kickstart my claim and get it resolved without having to contact me.  

So why am I still looking at Princess Cruises?  Maybe I will have to re-assess my "loyalty" to this company.  I hate to give up my loyalty standing and start all over again.  But after giving them 6 hours of my day (yesterday and today), I don't feel very appreciated.  

Sigh....defeated...frustrated...thank you CC members for listening.

• Like 2

@cr8tiv1 I'm so sorry for your situation.  It is very frustrating!   

We have been waiting for an $8k check from AON that was supposed to have been mailed last week.  This is from our covid interrupted b2b on Feb 26th.  And, we are still waiting for Princess to reimburse us for the isolation meal allowance ($1k).

1 minute ago, LACruiser88 said:

@cr8tiv1 I'm so sorry for your situation.  It is very frustrating!   

We have been waiting for an $8k check from AON that was supposed to have been mailed last week.  This is from our covid interrupted b2b on Feb 26th.  And, we are still waiting for Princess to reimburse us for the isolation meal allowance ($1k).

Thank you for your update.  I guess I am not in this "boat" by myself.  

• Like 2

@chicopaigeI'm sorry for hijacking your thread.  I hope you got your answer and refund/CC from Princess.  I just realized (should pay closer attention) that your thread was started mid April.  This is what popped up when I did a search.  Like a hermit crab, I just moved in to your place.  

Thanks for starting this thread.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/26/2022 at 8:35 PM, brisalta said:

Received the checks today.  The envelope was post marked May 24, 2022.

Edited by brisalta
  • Thanks 1

Customer Solutions called me late this afternoon.  Will update all of you when she gets back to me.  Interesting that when I called that department, they told me they couldn't do anything for me.  I don't know which email got them on the phone.  

• Like 1

Update:  Thursday, June 2.  Received 2 calls from different Customer Solutions Department reps today.  Doesn't Princess people talk to each other?  (Sorry, rhetorical question).  

Not closing out claim yet, but making progress.  I did ask the question if my email to Jan Swartz and 4 other upper management prompted calls to me.  One rep apologized for me having to reach higher up the chain (is that an acknowledgement?).

*. Emails sent on Friday.

*. First call came in on Tuesday (Monday was a holiday).  Rep would send an email from Princess to AON asking for clarity.

*  Thursdays phone calls were to inform me that AON is cutting my checks.  Second caller actually gave me some refund numbers.  I did the math....no interest as promised but numbers do add up.  Not going to squabble over less than $20.  Although FCC/OBC would have been nice a nice goodwill gesture....HaHa.  

I will let everyone know when the checks arrive.  

It shouldn't be this hard.

• Like 1

Insurance is moving along.  Expedited by my emails to Jan?  

For those who have received insurance reimbursement for a cancelled cruise:

Why is Princess returning credit to your credit card AND AON sending you a check?

Princess credited cards on file after cruise was cancelled (took about a month).  Then, I was told last week, to expect another credit card credit from Princess for a smaller amount.  All my "MATHering" can not calculate why.  Doesn't match port charges and taxes.  Doesn't match deposit.  Doesn't match the % for cancellation after final payment but before 30 days.

So I sent Jan, Carl, Carmen, and Customer Relations ANOTHER email rather than be on hold for 4 hours.  Of course, I received the standard stock we got your email reply.

AON closed claim and sent my sisters emails that checks "will be in the mail".

• Like 1