ArriveCAN Quarantine Plan Not Required for Fully Vaccinated Travellers & Others - Effective 25 April 2022

Mike & Zen

Thank you to CC member erber for informing us regarding this change in the Covid testing thread today, 22 April 2022.

Effective 25 April 2022, fully vaccinated travellers to Canada DO NOT have to complete the Quarantine Plan section in ArriveCAN.  You still need to fill out the other information in ArriveCAN though.

"Starting April 25, 2022, the following people will no longer be required to provide quarantine plans when travelling to Canada:

• fully vaccinated travellers
  • children aged 5-11 (who are accompanied by a fully vaccinated parent/guardian)
  • those with a medical contraindication to COVID-19 vaccination..."

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/arrivecan.html

Today's news articles:

https://globalnews.ca/news/8778158/canada-covid-19-border-rule-changes-kids-5-11/

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2022/04/22/no-covid-test-unvaccinated-kids-under-12-entering-canada/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Important update. Thanks.

Anyone returning to the US still can’t board a plane if they test positive so they’ll still need to have a place to stay unless the US updates its plan so that fully vaccinated people can fly without a test.

Edited by Babr
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, memoak said:

I am not taking news stories for gospel and will fill out the app prior to sailing in a week

According to the others you still have to fill out the app just not the quarantine plan portion.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, memoak said:

I am not taking news stories for gospel and will fill out the app prior to sailing in a week

Exactly, that's why I posted the link to the official Government of Canada ArriveCAN website that contains the official information regarding this change Here, let me help you find it.

Click on the first link which will take you to the Government of Canada ArriveCAN website.  Scroll down about half-way until you read,  "Use ArriveCAN to submit:",  next click on the third link down that shows  "Quarantine Plan",  click on that, and it will show the text and more that I copied and pasted.

Starting April 25, 2022, the following people will no longer be required to provide quarantine plans when travelling to Canada:

1. fully vaccinated travellers
  2. children aged 5-11 (who are accompanied by a fully vaccinated parent/guardian)
  3. those with a medical contraindication to COVID-19 vaccination.

And if you still have trouble finding it or believing it, call ArriveCAN help, like I did to verify it before posting.  And go to the Covid testing forum where you'll read where I said I called ArriveCAN and you can read the conversation I had with the ArriveCAN agent.

Here is the toll free number for ArriveCAN help:  1-833-283-7403

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

40 minutes ago, memoak said:

And I did state, "You still need to fill out the other information in ArriveCAN though." 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, memoak said:

The link to the canada.ca site is not a news article. It is a Government of Canada web site.

• Like 2

And please note, from the ArriveCAN website just below the download apps, don't forget to update your app on April 25, 2022.

Here is the statement:

The next version of ArriveCAN (v.2.28) will be released on April 25, 2022. If you plan to travel on or after that date, make sure you have the latest version before submitting your mandatory information.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mike & Zen said:

And please note, from the ArriveCAN website just below the download apps, don't forget to update your app on April 25, 2022.

Here is the statement:

The next version of ArriveCAN (v.2.28) will be released on April 25, 2022. If you plan to travel on or after that date, make sure you have the latest version before submitting your mandatory information.

How do I update it? I have filled in all the info I can prior to the 72 hour window. Will I have to redo that? Thanks!

42 minutes ago, 1965 said:

How do I update it? I have filled in all the info I can prior to the 72 hour window. Will I have to redo that? Thanks!

The app will retain all your previously submitted information.  On iOS, I go to the App Store, do a search for ArriveCAN or hit the account icon, then hit purchased.  Last time I hit “Open” and it automatically updated.

• Like 1

Finally this came last night.  The subject line is a very pedestrian Booking Notification.  Really? The email with a list of reminders for things we’ve known about all along has a subject line of EMERGENCY.  

I really hope the vast majority of passengers boarding with us today see this and do it so we can have a smooth embarkation.  

IMPORTANT NOTICES
IMPORTANT ? PLEASE COMPLETE ARRIVECAN BEFORE YOUR CRUISE
We look forward to welcoming you on board for your upcoming cruise that will visit Canada. Please be advised that all guests entering Canada must use the ArriveCAN website or app (found at https://*****/arrivecan) to provide mandatory travel information. You will need to enter contact information and travel details, vaccination information and proof of vaccination and a quarantine plan if remaining in Canada after the cruise.

Once you have completed ArriveCAN you will receive a receipt in the app and by email. This receipt is mandatory for entry into Canada. ArriveCAN must be completed before embarkation and you will be asked to present your QR code at cruise check-in.

For more information and assistance, visit https://*****/arrivecan_help.

11 hours ago, Mike & Zen said:

Exactly, that's why I posted the link to the official Government of Canada ArriveCAN website that contains the official information regarding this change Here, let me help you find it.

Click on the first link which will take you to the Government of Canada ArriveCAN website.  Scroll down about half-way until you read,  "Use ArriveCAN to submit:",  next click on the third link down that shows  "Quarantine Plan",  click on that, and it will show the text and more that I copied and pasted.

Starting April 25, 2022, the following people will no longer be required to provide quarantine plans when travelling to Canada:

1. fully vaccinated travellers
  2. children aged 5-11 (who are accompanied by a fully vaccinated parent/guardian)
  3. those with a medical contraindication to COVID-19 vaccination.

And if you still have trouble finding it or believing it, call ArriveCAN help, like I did to verify it before posting.  And go to the Covid testing forum where you'll read where I said I called ArriveCAN and you can read the conversation I had with the ArriveCAN agent.

Here is the toll free number for ArriveCAN help:  1-833-283-7403

Mike,     as usual you are being so nice to these people

Eventually CC members will accept this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, *Miss G* said:

The app will retain all your previously submitted information.  On iOS, I go to the App Store, do a search for ArriveCAN or hit the account icon, then hit purchased.  Last time I hit “Open” and it automatically updated.

Thank you for the great info. At what point do I uninstall the existing "old" app? 

17 hours ago, Mike & Zen said:

Thank you to CC member erber for informing us regarding this change in the Covid testing thread today, 22 April 2022.

Effective 25 April 2022, fully vaccinated travellers to Canada DO NOT have to complete the Quarantine Plan section in ArriveCAN.  You still need to fill out the other information in ArriveCAN though.

"Starting April 25, 2022, the following people will no longer be required to provide quarantine plans when travelling to Canada:

• children aged 5-11 (who are accompanied by a fully vaccinated parent/guardian)

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/arrivecan.html

Today's news articles:

https://globalnews.ca/news/8778158/canada-covid-19-border-rule-changes-kids-5-11/

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2022/04/22/no-covid-test-unvaccinated-kids-under-12-entering-canada/

Thanks for the info. I mistakenly entered "Victoria Operations" instead of "Ogden Point" and now that the QR code displays there appears to be no way to go back and edit existing info. Do you think Canadian authorities will have a problem with this, or should I go back and redo the whole thing?

4 hours ago, gbldcl said:

Thanks for the info. I mistakenly entered "Victoria Operations" instead of "Ogden Point" and now that the QR code displays there appears to be no way to go back and edit existing info. Do you think Canadian authorities will have a problem with this, or should I go back and redo the whole thing?

All your information will be retained if you start over.  The only thing you’d be changing is the port of entry and you’ll get a new QR code.

We are cruising to Alaska round trip from San Francisco May 30th on the Ruby. Ships last stop is Victoria BC. Why have I not seen any information from Princess on this AriveCan. App or form. Do we have to do this for our cruise. We Have put in everything in the Medallion app except Health Status & we have a Green light & QR code

2 hours ago, northcalgal said:

We are cruising to Alaska round trip from San Francisco May 30th on the Ruby. Ships last stop is Victoria BC. Why have I not seen any information from Princess on this AriveCan. App or form. Do we have to do this for our cruise. We Have put in everything in the Medallion app except Health Status & we have a Green light & QR code

Yes you need to do it. Please look at the Princess FAQ’s

Carnivore Corporation has absolutely been applying pressure to Canada to relax documentation requirements for port calls and shorex that touch Canada, and I think the current state is the best we can expect for at least the first month of the cruise season.  

hot take:  the same types of data are gathered by ArriveCAN and MedallionClass.   ArriveCAN works much, much better. 

I had hoped that my NEXUS membership would be enough - upload vaccine proof into ArriveCAN once, never need to file again, a generic instance could be created each time my NEXUS was read at the border.  No dice.  

• Like 1

On 4/22/2022 at 5:10 PM, Mike & Zen said:

Today's news articles:

On 4/22/2022 at 5:43 PM, Babr said:

Important update. Thanks.

Anyone returning to the US still can’t board a plane if they test positive so they’ll still need to have a place to stay unless the US updates its plan so that fully vaccinated people can fly without a test.

The Q plan was a bit of a joke.  In case you get sick.  As was the "requirement" to wear a mask for 14 days post arrival.  Oh and don't forget to record a log of dates and times everywhere you go for those two weeks and get all the names and contact info for anyone who comes within six feet.  Total unenforceable joke.  They dropped all that stuff no thanks to Carnival as someone suggested.

34 minutes ago, VibeGuy said:

Carnivore Corporation has absolutely been applying pressure to Canada to relax documentation requirements for port calls and shorex that touch Canada, and I think the current state is the best we can expect for at least the first month of the cruise season.  

hot take:  the same types of data are gathered by ArriveCAN and MedallionClass.   ArriveCAN works much, much better. 

I had hoped that my NEXUS membership would be enough - upload vaccine proof into ArriveCAN once, never need to file again, a generic instance could be created each time my NEXUS was read at the border.  No dice.  

ArriveCAN has saved our vaccine data.  Vaccines are not connected to NEXUS anymore than they are to your passport.  It's just a personal id card to admit with CBSA and CBP.