RCCL perks carry over to Celebrity ?

Sea and Me

Common question.  You will be Elite level on Celebrity.  Perks are different.  Look up Captains Club levels on the Celebrity website.  You must apply to be Elite using your Diamond status as proof.  It is not just automatic.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sea and Me said:

I just booked an Alaska cruise  and was wondering since I am a diamond member on RCCL would I get the same perks on Celebrity??  It sure would be nice if they would. Thanks for your response and have a good day.

You get the Elite perks. However now Celebrity has AI prices there aren't many benefits left. We like the Elite breakfast ( fruit, croissants, smoked salmon,  smoothies etc.) served in Tuscan Grill.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

I think diamond perks are way better than celebrity elite perks in general, I was elite on my first celebrity cruise because of diamond status. 

As was I but what would you classify as “way better”? The nightly cocktail party was better on Royal until the recent change, not so much any more. The elite free laundry is a nice perk. What other perks on Royal do you think are better? None come to mind to me.

17 hours ago, the penguins said:

You get the Elite perks. However now Celebrity has AI prices there aren't many benefits left. We like the Elite breakfast ( fruit, croissants, smoked salmon,  smoothies etc.) served in Tuscan Grill.

Hi, you mention the Elite breakfast. Is there a special dining room where it is served? How would the staff know that we are Elite members?? I know on Royal for Diamond there was a dining area and the buffet. Thank you for your reply. Have a nice day.

9 minutes ago, Sea and Me said:

Hi, you mention the Elite breakfast. Is there a special dining room where it is served? How would the staff know that we are Elite members?? I know on Royal for Diamond there was a dining area and the buffet. Thank you for your reply. Have a nice day.

As mentioned, it is served in Tuscan Grill, which is one of the specialty restaurants.  And they know you are Elite by the color of your seapass card.  EM

14 hours ago, blackshirt said:

As was I but what would you classify as “way better”? The nightly cocktail party was better on Royal until the recent change, not so much any more. The elite free laundry is a nice perk. What other perks on Royal do you think are better? None come to mind to me.

Even with the AI we still consider the CC perks/benefits of value, at least to us. 

The only change to RCs C&A HH in the DL now is no more unlimited drinks during the C&A HH. Now you use the number of allotted drinks (4, 5 or 6) loaded on our SeaPass in the DL. No biggie to us. The different selections of buffet snacks are still offered during the C&A HH (5 to 8:00 PM) but now served to you. Hope that continues in the future. Celebrity needs to bring back the CC HH. IMO, it's lame they haven't. 

39 minutes ago, Sea and Me said:

Served in the Tuscan Grill from 08.00 to 10.00. The Captains Club Host will meet you at the door and check your Pass. The Host will generally be there most of the time so a good opportunity to chat to them. The fruit, croissants etc are generally preplated but the staff will make up any combination. We ask for special platings on the first day and after that they just tend to make the same selection as soon as we sit down. We stick to the same server ( there are usually 4 of them) which makes it easy for everyone.

Great smoothies, the mango is the bosses ( Anita's) favourite, I like the mixed berries and we both like the banana but that's not often available. Lattes, cappuccino, etc and tea.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Not necessarily by the color but the card should say Elite.  

i believe that color designates your stateroom type…blue for Aqua, gold for Concierge

Correct, colour for cabin Class, words  CC Level, Elite, Elite + etc. Black ? for Zenith.

16 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Even with the AI we still consider the CC perks/benefits of value, at least to us. 

The only change to RCs C&A HH in the DL now is no more unlimited drinks during the C&A HH. Now you use the number of allotted drinks (4, 5 or 6) loaded on our SeaPass in the DL. No biggie to us. The different selections of buffet snacks are still offered during the C&A HH (5 to 8:00 PM) but now served to you. Hope that continues in the future. Celebrity needs to bring back the CC HH. IMO, it's lame they haven't. 

Just curious. you now pay for the drinks, you pay for the internet, 20 items of laundry (useful on longer cruises), discount on Speciality dining (you can always match or better it on the ship), priority tendering ( very useful if you don't do ships tours.) From our experience when ever there are problems the "priority" is cancelled.

For getting to Elite+ you get an extra bag of laundry

What are the other benefits?

3 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Just curious. you now pay for the drinks, you pay for the internet, 20 items of laundry (useful on longer cruises), discount on Speciality dining (you can always match or better it on the ship), priority tendering ( very useful if you don't do ships tours.) From our experience when ever there are problems the "priority" is cancelled.

Not all cruises offer the AI. What if AI goes away? Never had a problem with the priority tender perk, only use the Wash-n-Fold laundry bag perk for underwear and socks. Never any problems. Never said there was any other benefits. Again only speaking for us, the perks/benefits that are offered are a value to us. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Not necessarily by the color but the card should say Elite.  

i believe that color designates your stateroom type…blue for Aqua, gold for Concierge

It is stated on your card - Zenith - Elite+ - Elite - Select etc not the colour of the card 

41 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Not all cruises offer the AI. What if AI goes away? Never had a problem with the priority tender perk, only use the Wash-n-Fold laundry bag perk for underwear and socks. Never any problems. Never said there was any other benefits. Again only speaking for us, the perks/benefits that are offered are a value to us. 

Oh if only. I had a call last week from Zoe in the Chief Execs Office and we had a long discussion about a number of issues including AI pricing. She confirmed that apart from a few "special offers" AI is the way they are going and that non AI deals have been withdrawn from all Travel Agents. If you know one that still has non AI deals we would be delighted to know of it ( I am happy to give you my email address and guarantee not to pass the Agents details on). I also asked them to consider the Princess system where they show individual prices of Tips, WiFi and drinks and then offer a discount if you buy all three. Very simple, no confusing jargon, you buy one, two, three or none and solo passengers don't end up paying for 2 of everything. I have also sent her a copy of the Princess system.

Since the introduction of AI we have moved both our regular TA's to other lines. We have also been looking at a 14 night cruise to the Med and the price on Princess in a mini suite including the tips, WiFi, and drinks is half that of Celebrity in a regular balcony.

Celebrity was our cruise line of first choice and hopefully will be again but not until the compolsary AI pricing is removed.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, the penguins said:

Oh if only. I had a call last week from Zoe in the Chief Execs Office and we had a long discussion about a number of issues including AI pricing. She confirmed that apart from a few "special offers" AI is the way they are going and that non AI deals have been withdrawn from all Travel Agents. If you know one that still has non AI deals we would be delighted to know of it ( I am happy to give you my email address and guarantee not to pass the Agents details on). I also asked them to consider the Princess system where they show individual prices of Tips, WiFi and drinks and then offer a discount if you buy all three. Very simple, no confusing jargon, you buy one, two, three or none and solo passengers don't end up paying for 2 of everything. I have also sent her a copy of the Princess system.

Since the introduction of AI we have moved both our regular TA's to other lines. We have also been looking at a 14 night cruise to the Med and the price on Princess in a mini suite including the tips, WiFi, and drinks is half that of Celebrity in a regular balcony.

Celebrity was our cruise line of first choice and hopefully will be again but not until the compolsary AI pricing is removed.

My Magic 8 Ball says, cannot predict now. Ask again at a later time. 🤣

Whatever floats your boat (ship). Aren't choices great. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/29/2022 at 4:37 PM, blackshirt said:

Since RCCL isn't AI the 4 to 6 free drinks are a really great benefit.  But the biggest Diamond and up benefit that Celebrity doesn't offer is a $225 Balcony and above discount.  Like others have said RCCL's benefits are more useful because they offer discounts or values on things that Celebrity includes-Drinks and Wifi plus the balcony discount is the best of them all.

4 minutes ago, whitshel said:

Since RCCL isn't AI the 4 to 6 free drinks are a really great benefit.  But the biggest Diamond and up benefit that Celebrity doesn't offer is a $225 Balcony and above discount.  Like others have said RCCL's benefits are more useful because they offer discounts or values on things that Celebrity includes-Drinks and Wifi plus the balcony discount is the best of them all.

The C&A balcony discount isn't always applied to every booking. Depends on the promo for that cruise. We haven't experienced that but have read on the RCI forum where others have. 

20 hours ago, davekathy said:

The C&A balcony discount isn't always applied to every booking. Depends on the promo for that cruise. We haven't experienced that but have read on the RCI forum where others have. 

Unfortunately that is one of the changes over the past years to the C&A program, specifically with the D balcony discount.  It used to be applicable in full to any balcony category in combination with any promo.  Then it was modified to have a lesser amount applied if booked within 6 months, with the full amount available only on 6 month+ bookings.  Then it was modified again to not be applicable with all offered fares or promos.  Not showing a lot of loyalty on their part IMO.

But to your point, if you do a mock booking on any given itinerary without entering your C&A number, then do it again with your C&A number, you will be able to see if it was applicable with that fare and what the difference is with and without it. 

I highly recommend doing this as we have experienced times where the fare was actually higher with our C&A number applied than without.  In one instance, we booked the cruise without our C&A number to get the lower fare and then had the Concierge add our C&A number on board to assure we were awarded our points for that sailing.

Shouldn't have to do any of that!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2022 at 11:50 AM, the penguins said:

Somewhat of a newbie to Celebrity but there are non AI deals to be had at times.  I just repriced a Dec, 2023 cruise and it was $5200 with the I feature and $3700 without it.  Since we only need 1 internet and was going need to upgrade it plus not drinking alcohol, the lower price without the added benefits will save us $400-500 total.  Interesting the upgrade fee for the internet is $20 PD, seems a bit steep.  

On 4/29/2022 at 10:15 AM, Sea and Me said:

I just booked an Alaska cruise  and was wondering since I am a diamond member on RCCL would I get the same perks on Celebrity??  It sure would be nice if they would. Thanks for your response and have a good day.

You will get the 4 free drinks at happy hour, a free bag of laundry per Diamond member and all other ELITE benefits...check the chart on Celebrities website.

On 4/30/2022 at 9:35 AM, the penguins said:

Internet upgrade discount, Classic to Premium beverage discount.  Specialty dining discount - have done 5 cruises since the restart and speciality dining discounts above $5  are few.  The free pressing of 2 items each & dry cleaning of 1 each, spa discount, 1 category upgrade, discount on bottle of wine.  I took the time to do a rough calculation of what we saved with the Elite + perks and we didn’t use all of the benefits, but those that have a $ value saved over $500. 

Of course if you don’t upgrade the internet, beverage package, or use the  1 category upgrade, buy a nice bottle of wine, do laundry or book a spa service then probably not much value. 

Edited by jelayne

8 hours ago, jelayne said:

Internet upgrade discount, Classic to Premium beverage discount.  Specialty dining discount - have done 5 cruises since the restart and speciality dining discounts above $5  are few.  The free pressing of 2 items each & dry cleaning of 1 each, spa discount, 1 category upgrade, discount on bottle of wine.  I took the time to do a rough calculation of what we saved with the Elite + perks and we didn’t use all of the benefits, but those that have a $ value saved over $500. 

Of course if you don’t upgrade the internet, beverage package, or use the  1 category upgrade, buy a nice bottle of wine, do laundry or book a spa service then probably not much value. 

Maybe I missed it, but I don’t see pressing of two items listed as a benefit.