Chops Grille - Tell me your Favorite Dish!

Our experience at Chops was an absolute disaster. I ordered a filet medium. It came as well well well done, essentially shoe leather.

I asked for a medium rare replacement and got a raw filet. Essentially a 10 second sear on each side. Dark red center, refrigerator cold.

The third one was super rare but at least edible. I was tired of trying to get an acceptable filet, so just ate it.

I am tempted to bring an instant read digital thermometer and ask the server for a 145 degree filet. Not 200, not 50, not 120.

This is without a doubt the worst food ever at any specialty restaurant on any cruise ever.

Seriously, the mac and cheese!  I had ordered the creamed spinach, my sister ordered the asparagus, husband ordered mashed potatoes and my BIL ordered the mac and cheese and we all tried everything.  Well, the 2nd night we went to Chops we ordered TWO mac and cheese sides...just sayin'.  Oh, and both the lobster bisque and the mushroom soup were wonderful, as was the petite filet. Yeah, I just had leftovers out of the freezer for dinner tonight and this thread is making me very hungry...

4 hours ago, acesneights99 said:

Our experience at Chops was an absolute disaster. I ordered a filet medium. It came as well well well done, essentially shoe leather.

I asked for a medium rare replacement and got a raw filet. Essentially a 10 second sear on each side. Dark red center, refrigerator cold.

The third one was super rare but at least edible. I was tired of trying to get an acceptable filet, so just ate it.

I am tempted to bring an instant read digital thermometer and ask the server for a 145 degree filet. Not 200, not 50, not 120.

This is without a doubt the worst food ever at any specialty restaurant on any cruise ever.

Yes I had that experience on the Allure in March 2022 with the steak temperature.  Which ship were you on?

On Quantum October 2019,we went to Chops first night,I had the NY Strip & my Wife had the Lamb Chops,both delicious but seriously underwhelmed by the portion size of the sides,really good service but we really didn't consider the experience worth the extra charge.

Second night in Icon awful service,poor food,went to the buffet after as we were still hungry & ate there for the remainder of the cruise,just loved seeing the 'washy,washy' girls & dining outside at the stern,we saw some amazing light shows after dark courtesy of distant lightning!

I only have one experience point to go off of, but we really enjoyed our meal at Chops, so I'd recommend it.

Mine: Crab cake, medium Prime bone-in ribeye, with Gruyere cheese tater tots

Partner: Black pepper bacon, petite filet, with truffle French fries

Shared: Mac & Cheese

Can't remember the dessert, but it was good! 😋

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2022 at 10:38 AM, island lady said:

For some reason my post vanished....

But also a big vote for the mushroom soup! 🙂   When they have it.  😉 

Mushroom soup

Available on Indy 👍🏻
I will post a teaser once it arrives

DC7EA21F-989A-4A64-8296-BD6239549910.jpeg

7 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Mushroom soup

Available on Indy 👍🏻
I will post a teaser once it arrives

DC7EA21F-989A-4A64-8296-BD6239549910.jpeg

oooh...slurp slurp yummm!!   Mariner had it for an appetizer during MDR dining one night.  The actual Chops version...sooooo good!  🙂 

On 5/1/2022 at 7:07 AM, cruisetorelax44 said:

Mushroom soup is the best thing you'll eat on any ship! The shrimp cocktail are nice and large and the tater tots are super yummy too. As for steaks? It's all just personal preference.  Sometimes I go for the filet, other times the ribeye.

A lot of people mention the mushroom soup but for me I would rather have Campbells soup.

The bacon appetizer.  Most things at

Chops are Amazing but the bacon appetizer is also impossible to find at my local steakhouses on land.  I have never been disappointed with anything at Chops.  
The  mushroom soup is great too!  Have to agree with some of the previous posters. 

On 5/1/2022 at 10:56 AM, PompeySailor said:

Will try again 
Crab cake, followed by a nice filet with Lobster 👍🏻

14210469-FF13-4137-ACD5-A908730FC313.jpeg

F9A67B97-75CE-4C64-BA2E-6F5DBEFDDF3A.jpeg

o you pay extra for the lobster with the steak? It's been so long since we've been to Chops, I can't remember if you do or not!

9 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

The app for is showing squash soup not mushroom soup for Chops on Liberty of the Seas at this time.  Darn.

That was my experience last week, no mushroom soup.  The Mac and cheese was equal to Kraft box m&c.  I used to like the Chilean sea bass but sadly that has disappeared  from the menu.  

We tried Giovanni 's for my wife's birthday and she did not care for it at all.  The linguini with clam sauce contained zero clams.  They used mussels instead.  I chalked it up to supply chain issues.   I thought the branzino was fantastic,  albeit a small portion.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

No crab cake on Chops menu on Adventure last week.

No, I meant lobster. Thanks though. Can you get lobster and steak together at Chops? is there an added fee if you do?