Princess Luxury Bed?

arrice2

6 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

Can I please jump in her and ask a question? 
How much height clearance is there under the beds to store luggage? Thanks.

On past cruises we have always opened our hard sided suitcases and they fit underneath.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CDaze71 said:

Can I please jump in her and ask a question? 
How much height clearance is there under the beds to store luggage? Thanks.

Our closed hard sided luggage (11.5”) fit under the bed frame.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2

So what is really the topic of discussion for this thread?  The bed is wonderful.  There is a top sheet.  Surprised to find out that the "single" bed has a wonderful thick, fluffy comforter while the full size has a thinner heavier version.  Pillows are also very nice.  I get the best sleep while on a cruise.

• Like 2

I’ve read reports that the Discovery doesn’t have the Princess luxury mattresses. I’ve read about very hard mattresses on the Majestic, too. I’m wondering if there are supply chain issues with the luxury mattresses and some lesser quality mattresses are being used instead. Does anyone have any personal experience with this?

24 minutes ago, KruzPrincess said:

I’ve read reports that the Discovery doesn’t have the Princess luxury mattresses. I’ve read about very hard mattresses on the Majestic, too. I’m wondering if there are supply chain issues with the luxury mattresses and some lesser quality mattresses are being used instead. Does anyone have any personal experience with this?

I was on Discovery’s inaugural & second cruises in different cabins. In the first cabin the mattress was somewhat uncomfortable but after my cabin steward added extra cushioning it was as comfortable as all other luxury mattresses. The 2nd cabin was comfortable from the start & both were the same type of cabin (obstructed view balcony). On the last morning looked at the setup & it was the same as other luxury mattresses. Maybe the first cabin was missing the padded mattress pad & was added when we requested more padding? 🤔

image.thumb.jpeg.f2c288e8b93ea9ab7d9564c22975787a.jpeg

86127A7C-227A-4263-931D-5B33680B8589.jpeg

• Like 1

I'll find out if mine is missing any padding right away.....as a retired pest control tech I always check the mattress first thing. after I get in the cabin. Just a force of habit from all the things I've seen. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, KruzPrincess said:

We were on the Majestic last August, and we had the luxury mattresses. Can't say that I know all the cabins have them, but ours did. Balcony on Lido.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

I was on Discovery’s inaugural & second cruises in different cabins. In the first cabin the mattress was somewhat uncomfortable but after my cabin steward added extra cushioning it was as comfortable as all other luxury mattresses. The 2nd cabin was comfortable from the start & both were the same type of cabin (obstructed view balcony). On the last morning looked at the setup & it was the same as other luxury mattresses. Maybe the first cabin was missing the padded mattress pad & was added when we requested more padding? 🤔

image.thumb.jpeg.f2c288e8b93ea9ab7d9564c22975787a.jpeg

86127A7C-227A-4263-931D-5B33680B8589.jpeg

Great pictures. Thanks. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KruzPrincess said:

Thanks everyone! I could never get a good nights sleep on the old mattresses. I would really be sad not to have the luxury mattress now. 

We were in a premium suite on Discovery. Our mattress was very hard. Nothing like the one I remembered on Ruby when she came out of dry dock.  Wish we had asked for extra cushioning.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kineticoh20 said:

Just got off the new Discovery and there is absolutely nothing luxury about the mattress worst cruise bed ever by a long shot.

I was on the inaugural cruise and was so looking forward to a good night sleep on the Princess bed, no such luck, was like sleeping on concrete, with lumps!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, NevadaJo said:

We were in a premium suite on Discovery. Our mattress was very hard. Nothing like the one I remembered on Ruby when she came out of dry dock.  Wish we had asked for extra cushioning.

9 hours ago, Kineticoh20 said:

Just got off the new Discovery and there is absolutely nothing luxury about the mattress worst cruise bed ever by a long shot.

9 hours ago, 1emerald1 said:

I was on the inaugural cruise and was so looking forward to a good night sleep on the Princess bed, no such luck, was like sleeping on concrete, with lumps!

Thanks for responding. These are similar to other reports I’ve been reading. Reminiscent of the old days. 

I will hesitate ever going back on the Discovery. Those  two weeks on the Mattress made of concrete was enough for me ever. If those mattresses required  additional padding, then should have been on in the first place. We had a balcony cabin mid ship on Caribe deck.New ship, cheap mattresses, a real shame.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, san diego sue said:

I will hesitate ever going back on the Discovery. Those  two weeks on the Mattress made of concrete was enough for me ever. If those mattresses required  additional padding, then should have been on in the first place. We had a balcony cabin mid ship on Caribe deck.New ship, cheap mattresses, a real shame.

The ship looks beautiful, but it’s no good if you can’t sleep. 

On 5/1/2022 at 9:08 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

So what is really the topic of discussion for this thread?  The bed is wonderful.  There is a top sheet.  Surprised to find out that the "single" bed has a wonderful thick, fluffy comforter while the full size has a thinner heavier version.  Pillows are also very nice.  I get the best sleep while on a cruise.

After 15 days on a Hawaii cruise I couldn’t wait to get home to my own bed.  We have a 2” memory foam topper, as well as another, firmer thinner topper under that at home.  Missed that bit of softness on the Princess bed.  In the old days of cruising they used to have egg crate toppers available, but they did away with those long ago for hygiene purposes. One time they brought in a couple thick blankets they folded over to lie on my side of the bed.  That added some softness.  I might bring an inexpensive eggcrate topper in the package and leave it there.   Yes, I’m a Princess and the Pea. 🙂

On 5/3/2022 at 3:35 PM, Kineticoh20 said:

Whenever one goes into a mattress store...

You look around, and there are probably 50+ mattresses that you can test.

It would be a mattress-miracle if princess found one that everyone loved!

There are some pictures here:

There was a poster that ordered the same specifications from the same mattress manufacturer,

and saved quite a bit over buying the princess labled mattress.

Edited by Roberto256