Does Princess offer transfer from cruise port in Vancouver to Seattle

MudderBear

43 minutes ago, MudderBear said:

Thinking of switching flying from Vancouver to the USA and instead going to Seattle and flying home.  Does Princess offer FREEE transfers?  Or do I have to have EZ Air.  I booked my flights on my own.

It's been a few years but we had to take the train from Vancouver to Seattle, customs was slow, but the ride must have been ok I slept.

7 minutes ago, skynight said:

If they do it is doubtful they are free.

They don't offer free transfers anywhere (unless you have a pre or post cruise hotel booked). I think it was even in question if they provide ANY transfers to Seattle right now. Some say they have booked them and others say they can't book them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

It's been a few years but we had to take the train from Vancouver to Seattle, customs was slow, but the ride must have been ok I slept.

Amtrak is not currently running from Vancouver to Seattle 

no free transfers. 

IF it is running, there is a bus you can take from the ship to Seattle.  I think it is $80 or so.

Also, check into the option of using the 'sealed bus'.  (You must be a US Citizen, though). 

In that case, you never actually enter Canada. You pre-clear customs and go from the ship (in a group) directly to a bus. The bus then makes only a short stop at the border, and then directly to the airport.

This was absolutely running pre-COVID. I dont know if it is running now, but there is a regular bus, but it will make a long(er) stop at the border as they clear everyone. 

13 hours ago, MudderBear said:

Thinking of switching flying from Vancouver to the USA and instead going to Seattle and flying home.  Does Princess offer FREEE transfers?  Or do I have to have EZ Air.  I booked my flights on my own.

Princess doesn't have free transfers to Seattle. They can be bought for a price. There also is bus that runs between Vancouver and Seattle. They have a morning run that leaves Canada Place for Seattle.

Look into Quick Shuttle.

https://quickcoach.com/

1 minute ago, latebloomer56 said:

Thanks understand Princess had transfers will check next time.

Yes they do. $79 per person. SeaTac to pier both ways. No testing requirement since you are going by road not air

• Like 1

I’m booked with Quick Shuttle in July.  For two people with one bag each, the cost is $70.  Pick up at the curbside of Canada Place, drop off at SeaTac, flight home three hours later.

I had Amtrak Thruway tickets ($92 for two) but this will be much easier.  No getting from Canada Place to the train station or getting from King Station in Seattle to the airport.

• 1 year later...
On 5/14/2022 at 11:34 AM, memoak said:

Yes they do. $79 per person. SeaTac to pier both ways. No testing requirement since you are going by road not air

We are flying into Seattle the day before so will go back to airport in the morning to catch the shuttle..,, when should I expect contact/instructions from Princess on where to meet the shuttle?

going June 2023 

40 minutes ago, GrayFal said:

We are flying into Seattle the day before so will go back to airport in the morning to catch the shuttle..,, when should I expect contact/instructions from Princess on where to meet the shuttle?

going June 2023 

Remember my post was a year ago and things do change. Once you buy the transfer the instructions should be on your travel summary 

45 minutes ago, memoak said:

Remember my post was a year ago and things do change. Once you buy the transfer the instructions should be on your travel summary 

Yes, I saw it was from last but it is exactly what I was looking for. 
And thank you, I found the travel summary and the instructions are indeed right there! 
I did not realize it was a 4 hour drive. 😳

You can take the train, but it usually leaves after 5 pm, but has spectacular coastal scenery. I like taking Quick Shuttle, which picks up right at the terminal and goes to Seatac, with stops along the way (a bus is slow, because there's no freeway out of Vancouver and no more than 2 lanes until you get closer to Seattle). To me the time savings would be well worth flying, since Alaska and Delta have many 1-hour flights daily. Another secret is to take a bus across the border and fly out of Bellingham (my home), which has Southwest service to Vegas, Oakland, and Denver now, as well as cheap Allegiant Air to West Coast cities.  If you have time and want to be adventurous, you can get to Victoria by ferry or quick boat, and then take the Victoria Clipper fast down to downtown Seattle. 

• Like 1

Another reason I forgot to mention to avoid a Princess transfer is that if you cross the border by bus, you have to take all your luggage off, wait in line, get processed by immigration, and then all your bags xrayed by very aggressive and often outright rude customs agents looking for any sort of food. So if you're on a bus full of cruise passengers with tons of luggage, who might have trouble wheeling their luggage around and lifting it themselves onto an x-ray machine and then putting it back on the bus, it's going to take up to an hour, especially on a weekend. I also found when returning from Majestic a few weeks ago that scheduled buses have priority over cruise transfer buses, so when I arrived on Flixbus there were 3 buses in line, but we jumped ahead of a cruise transfer buses, and they probably waited half an hour just to get off the bus and into the customs processing, so imagine the irritation and grumbling. On the other hand, if you take the train, they check passports in Vancouver and at a stop at the border where agents just pass through the train and you just pick up luggage in Seattle and make a short walk to airport light rail.  

8 hours ago, rj59 said:

Another reason I forgot to mention to avoid a Princess transfer is that if you cross the border by bus, you have to take all your luggage off, wait in line, get processed by immigration, and then all your bags xrayed by very aggressive and often outright rude customs agents looking for any sort of food. So if you're on a bus full of cruise passengers with tons of luggage, who might have trouble wheeling their luggage around and lifting it themselves onto an x-ray machine and then putting it back on the bus, it's going to take up to an hour, especially on a weekend. I also found when returning from Majestic a few weeks ago that scheduled buses have priority over cruise transfer buses, so when I arrived on Flixbus there were 3 buses in line, but we jumped ahead of a cruise transfer buses, and they probably waited half an hour just to get off the bus and into the customs processing, so imagine the irritation and grumbling. On the other hand, if you take the train, they check passports in Vancouver and at a stop at the border where agents just pass through the train and you just pick up luggage in Seattle and make a short walk to airport light rail.  

We took the transfer from Seattle to Vancouver last August and we didn’t have to do anything but get off the bus scan our passports and show our ArriveCAN so. No luggage came off the bus and they processed our entire bus in less than 10 minutes 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, memoak said:

We took the transfer from Seattle to Vancouver last August and we didn’t have to do anything but get off the bus scan our passports and show our ArriveCAN so. No luggage came off the bus and they processed our entire bus in less than 10 minutes 

Great to hear this!  
About how long was the trip once you left the airport?