On Brilliance and Just Tested POSITIVE

8 minutes ago, jeanneful said:

We did B2b on Harmony April 25 And May 1st sailing, they tested us the day before our for May 1st sailing 

Now 10 days later after getting back, Husband daughter and myself have Covid 

Since it's been 10 days, you could have just as easily caught it after getting off the ship.  My DS and DDIL both are recovering.  DS developed mild symptoms three days after returning from a business trip to LA and DDIL developed mild/moderate symptoms three days after him.

On 5/17/2022 at 9:11 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

Did you bedazzle the clutch?   How are you and Mike feeling?

I started to. Didn’t get as far as I had wanted. It will have the Royal anchor logo on it. I thought it would be fun to have on the ship. I haven’t seen anything like it in the shops.

On 5/17/2022 at 9:58 AM, nelblu said:

Wow, they drove you home.  Was in one those black SUVs.  At least you are lucky as compared to "yankee4life" who had to drive him and his sick wife from FL to NJ.

Yes it was in one of the black SUVs. It took them about 10 minutes getting us home.

On 5/17/2022 at 10:47 AM, Markmom18 said:

Hi,

I’m on a B2B starting Friday. I planned on testing myself on Sunday evening before bedtime.  

IF I tested positive can I just take my luggage and leave the ship?

This is a local port , so my husband would be able to pick me up and drive home.

Anyone know the protocol on this scenario?

Thank you,

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

I’m not sure, but they might make you wait until they can walk you off from deck 2. I would definitely contact them so they can then test you. That way they will have proof that you are positive and you will get a refund. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jeanneful said:

We did B2b on Harmony April 25 And May 1st sailing, they tested us the day before our for May 1st sailing 

Now 10 days later after getting back, Husband daughter and myself have Covid 

Sorry to hear your family has covid.   Hopefully everyone's symptoms remain mild. 

The average person comes down with symptoms and test positive within 3 to 5 days from exposure and contracting the virus.    So you probably got it somewhere other than the cruise ship if it was 10-days after you got home.

On 5/17/2022 at 10:57 AM, Jasukkie said:

You will go through the "extraction" process. Crew comes and gets you and brings you to a holding room.

I wasn’t put in a holding room. They took me from my room to deck 2 to get off. Guess not all ships do it the same.

On 5/17/2022 at 12:52 PM, renji said:

You post raises an interesting question—in addition to quarantine rooms, why not have a single covid segregated lounge/restaurant for those who feel well enough to have meals there, preferably with fresh air?

I’m thinking some of the covid people might not feel up to socializing. It would be a waste of crew. They are already short staffed.

6 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

In quarantine we can guess how many might be with us on the quarantine floor by seeing how many RS trays are outside a door. I've attached pictures from my current experience on APEX.  Are there are other quarantine areas? I can't say but what I can say is that it's easy for someone to question, 2nd guess and insert their opinion about what's actually happening from the comfort of their home rather than accepting what we....those in quarantine...are sharing about OUR experience.

20220514_203112.jpg

20220514_203010.jpg

The hall I was on on the Allure didn’t look like that. It would have been easier for me to try to see which rooms were occupied. Our meals were delivered at different times from what I could tell and the empty trays were put out at different times. I would look occasionally trying to see if I could guesstimate how many people were in my area.

Edited by ReneeFLL

5 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

I feel for you. Not nice when you do catch covid and not nice when your on holiday.

I hope you feel ok and i hope rcl are looking after you and hubby as best as they should.

Sorry to highjack the thread but we are going on brilliance in aug. Does the ship have any freestyle drink machines onboard?

Hope you test neg soon and dont have any futher covid complications with health and travel.

We are also on the Brilliance right now.  I am so sorry about the OP situation in quarantine.  There are no freestyle drink machines on board….we don’t even have hash browns in the windjammer in the morning.🙃

36 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

We are also on the Brilliance right now.  I am so sorry about the OP situation in quarantine.  There are no freestyle drink machines on board….we don’t even have hash browns in the windjammer in the morning.🙃

How about bacon? eggs, toast?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I'm not questioning what OP is saying, I'm just saying we may not getting the full report how many on this actual sailing have covid.

We will never get the correct amount of positive people anywhere. On land or on ships it’s just not going to happen.

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

True, but I didn't spend thousands of dollars to walk into Walmart, Home Depot, or a sporting event and if I did come down with Covid I can spend the time at my own house.

Cruising definitely isn’t for you at this time. I don’t understand why you keep trying to put cruising down for others just because there is covid. Covid is EVERYWHERE. We knew what we were getting into and the chance that it might possibly happen to us. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Maybe those crew assigned to food delivery are ones that recently had covid?

That would be a smart idea.

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Treating them like Leppers. 

🤣🤣🤣 If I was a crew member that just got over covid I would have no problem being in the covid area. Btw, I also wouldn’t feel like a leper.

1 hour ago, Ryalie1 said:

This is correct for Ovation (so I assume on all Royal ships as it sounds like room assignment is pretty much the same for all). Smoking allowed in the bathroom. First thing I noticed when I was taken down to the red zone was how smokey the corridor smelt. Our bathroom had a horrible musty smell which I would guess was an attempt to cover up a smoke smell. The letter we received said to smoke in the bathroom only so as to be considerate of other people's health conditions such as asthma. 

I’m so glad I didn’t smell any smoke in my room. I also didn’t smell any in the hallways. Sorry you had to put up with this.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Wow - that really surprises me.     

I was also surprised to read that on the paper I received. They should’ve just stuck a patch on them or have given them the gum.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

We will never get the correct amount of positive people anywhere. On land or on ships it’s just not going to happen.

Cruising definitely isn’t for you at this time. I don’t understand why you keep trying to put cruising down for others just because there is covid. Covid is EVERYWHERE. We knew what we were getting into and the chance that it might possibly happen to us. 

We managed to avoid getting covid for 2.5 years here in Dublin and even in Santorini last summer. We got covid on Odyssey cruise last week and a terrible way to end a holiday. 

People who have already got covid in the past assume its everywhere. However i believe the measures up until now worked such as mask wearing, wash hands, social distance. It was as soon as my life was in a situation when all of those things are gone that we got covid. Its not true to say covid is everywhere because many of us avoided it. I can umderstand why people dont want to get covid on holiday.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Citrons said:

I think though if you have covid you should still isolate? Ireland rules are similar to UK rules since we share border to Northern Ireland.

Either way it is nice to self isolate when you can...unless like us we didnt know we had covid on the Odyssey and on our flight home to Dublin. Off course we are isolating now.

There is a strong recommendation to self isolate for five days, but no legal mandate.

I self isolated for 10 days, but my infection straddled the period of rules changing in Feb.

Personally I think the cases are dropping now because of the very high cases in January to March.   Nearly everybody I knew got Omicron, even my 1 year old grandson.  In the previous two years I only knew one person who got the other variants. 

From my personal experience I'm pretty sure people are infectious in the days leading up to a positive test

Edited by sgmn

27 minutes ago, Citrons said:

We managed to avoid getting covid for 2.5 years here in Dublin and even in Santorini last summer. We got covid on Odyssey cruise last week and a terrible way to end a holiday. 

People who have already got covid in the past assume its everywhere. However i believe the measures up until now worked such as mask wearing, wash hands, social distance. It was as soon as my life was in a situation when all of those things are gone that we got covid. Its not true to say covid is everywhere because many of us avoided it. I can umderstand why people dont want to get covid on holiday.

We also didn’t get covid for 2.5 years but I still believe it’s everywhere. The first time was on Allure last week for us and I hope it’s the last, but who knows. It might not be in our house or the neighbors but it’s in our area which is what I meant by everywhere. Sorry your holiday ended with covid.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Citrons said:

People who have already got covid in the past assume its everywhere. However i believe the measures up until now worked such as mask wearing, wash hands, social distance. It was as soon as my life was in a situation when all of those things are gone that we got covid. Its not true to say covid is everywhere because many of us avoided it. I can umderstand why people dont want to get covid on holiday

I agree with you that mask wearing and social distancing has worked.  It has kept me safe.  I plan to do what I can on my cruise.   It sounds like you did, too but nothing is 100 percent and there were others in your group who werent as careful.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

I agree with you that mask wearing and social distancing has worked.  It has kept me safe.  I plan to do what I can on my cruise.   It sounds like you did, too but nothing is 100 percent and there were others in your group who werent as careful.

I broke my own rule about eating inside. 

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

There is a strong recommendation to self isolate for five days, but no legal mandate.

I self isolated for 10 days, but my infection straddled the period of rules changing in Feb.

Personally I think the cases are dropping now because of the very high cases in January to March.   Nearly everybody I knew got Omicron, even my 1 year old grandson.  In the previous two years I only knew one person who got the other variants. 

From my personal experience I'm pretty sure people are infectious in the days leading up to a positive test

Not everybody got omicron in Feb/March - it is a statement my friends who got it make 🤗 

39 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

It sounds like you did, too but nothing is 100 percent and there were others in your group who werent as careful.

This is the discussion that I have with my mother in-law.  I keep pointing out to her that just because the people that she know “act safely”, it doesn’t mean that they can’t infect her. It just takes one slip and then they are infected, in turn getting my MIL.

Was I proud that I didn’t get it for 2.5 years, yes. That being said it was inevitable and I am happy that it was Omicron and not the Delta variant.  It is what it is, and going about in the local community or with travel further from home it is all a calculated risk.  Shy of never leaving one’s home and never seeing anyone is about the only way of escaping Covid. 

The severity of Covid today compared to 1.5 years ago is substantially lessened for the vast majority of the population.  Unfortunately even with the lessened severity there are still some that will succumb to it which is heartbreaking. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

We also didn’t get covid for 2.5 years but I still believe it’s everywhere. The first time was on Allure last week for us and I hope it’s the last, but who knows. It might not be in our house or the neighbors but it’s in our area which is what I meant by everywhere. Sorry your holiday ended with covid.

For sure Covid is all over the world and i agree in that sense it is "everywhere". What i mean is that it was possible to avoid covid with the measures in place for the past 2.5 years. Greece and Italy required everyone to be vaccinated in order to enter indoors up until the 1st May. I went on holidays 4 times in the past 6 months to both before the Odyssey cruise and avoided covid.

However it is not until we ventured on the cruise which included Turkey - which is outside the EU and did not have the same strict mandate plus on a cruise with zero masks mandate on passengers which that combination lead to getting covid.

8 minutes ago, Citrons said:

Not everybody got omicron in Feb/March - it is a statement my friends who got it make 🤗 

I can only tell you what I personally know. I said nearly everyone I knew had it then. Only one person I know had it in the previous 2 years.  Your reality may be completely different.

Fact:

One in 12 had it in UK in March, now its one in 44. Govt stats 

Edited by sgmn

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

This is the discussion that I have with my mother in-law.  I keep pointing out to her that just because the people that she know “act safely”, it doesn’t mean that they can’t infect her. It just takes one slip and then they are infected, in turn getting my MIL.

Was I proud that I didn’t get it for 2.5 years, yes. That being said it was inevitable and I am happy that it was Omicron and not the Delta variant.  It is what it is, and going about in the local community or with travel further from home it is all a calculated risk.  Shy of never leaving one’s home and never seeing anyone is about the only way of escaping Covid. 

The severity of Covid today compared to 1.5 years ago is substantially lessened for the vast majority of the population.  Unfortunately even with the lessened severity there are still some that will succumb to it which is heartbreaking. 

Considering how sick myself and my mam are with covid after 3 pfizer vaccines - i would not say it is lessened in severity. We feel rotten. If neither of us were vaccinated i think we would be in a worse state. Obviously we are thankful we got 3 vaccines - we feel so sick but it could be worse if we had zero vaccine

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Citrons said:

Considering how sick myself and my mam are with covid after 3 pfizer vaccines - i would not say it is lessened in severity. We feel rotten. If neither of us were vaccinated i think we would be in a worse state. Obviously we are thankful we got 3 vaccines - we feel so sick but it could be worse if we had zero vaccine

Hope you and your mam feel better soon.

• Like 2

Medical dropped off my positive paperwork this morning.  On my day 5 I will have an antigen test.  My husband is still testing negative, thank heavens. 
The family from Ireland with the 4 year old got to leave quarantine last night.  They were quarantined 8 days and am so happy they can enjoy the remaining 3 days.  Their son was really good during the 8 days and occasionally escaped their cabin and ran down COVID hall with happy screams.

I am feeling good with no Covid symptoms so am staying positive (!) that my test will be NEGATIVE tomorrow.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, 1947wwjd said:

Medical dropped off my positive paperwork this morning.  On my day 5 I will have an antigen test.  My husband is still testing negative, thank heavens. 
The family from Ireland with the 4 year old got to leave quarantine last night.  They were quarantined 8 days and am so happy they can enjoy the remaining 3 days.  Their son was really good during the 8 days and occasionally escaped their cabin and ran down COVID hall with happy screams.

I am feeling good with no Covid symptoms so am staying positive (!) that my test will be NEGATIVE tomorrow.

I hope you test negative tomorrow also. If you do, will you need another negative the next day? We did on APEX along with completing a 10 day quarantine. I still tested positive on day 5 so I'm on day 7 of my quarantine. I'm told I'll be released from quarantine on May 22 at 8a.m.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Tlbecker1 said:

….we don’t even have hash browns in the windjammer in the morning.🙃

WWHHAAAAAATTTT???!!!!  No hash browns in the Windjammer for breakfast?!!!  I want my money back!!!

• Like 1