Will RCCL accept this proctored covid testing...?

With  another round of 8 free testing kits from USPS:

https://special.usps.com/testkits

A few in our group of 30 traveling to Alaska next month, out of Vancouver, has booked from this proctor company, for $20 each proctored test:  

https://rapidtestandtrace.com/product/observed-test-for-travel/

https://rapidtestandtrace.com/covid19-rapid-tests-devices/?fbclid=IwAR1UW-08JrAFOYjGoe7MHUU5k1rEojVn2zCeChBuS8TOuUlbt3rd-MbsgAY

However, we're still bringing our RCCL/Celebrity approved Emed proctored kits, as backup.

But does anyone has any good or bad experiences with the above RapidTestandTrace proctored test company...?

Thanks,

Edited by NavyCruiser

9 minutes ago, alexgtp said:

and the price is alot cheaper than BINAXNOW option. 

It's only $15 less than the ones linked from RCI and others have reported that all of the proctoring sessions for iHealth are sold out. You can add two proctoring sessions via testandtrace for only $40 to the free ones provided by the gov't.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

Numerous posts have verified that the USPS test kits referenced in post #2 are accepted when the proctor process is used. 
I specified the test in the orange box above because it’s been said there are several different brands that have been issued by USPS which I don’t know if they are accepted or not. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I specified the test in the orange box above because it’s been said there are several different brands that have been issued by USPS which I don’t know if they are accepted or not. 

All of the free ones offered by the gov't with an added proctoring service should suffice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

I've just made appt for 2 weeks from now...

Hang on a sec....

Are you talking about the tests purchased from RCCL for pre-cruise needs an appointment?   Their info states to scan the QR code when time to take your test.   Is that not accurate or are we talking about two different testing situations?

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

The binax ones cost no more than $13 each once you submit for insurance reimbursement ($25 per test, minimum $12 reimbursement per test)

Are people really submitting for insurance payments for a test needed for a vacation? No wonder insurance is so high.  I’ve used EMed test twice now, never even considered my health insurance would owe me money for a vacation. 

Edited by PTC DAWG

10 minutes ago, sadiwest said:

Hang on a sec....

Are you talking about the tests purchased from RCCL for pre-cruise needs an appointment?   Their info states to scan the QR code when time to take your test.   Is that not accurate or are we talking about two different testing situations?

No, you do not need an appt for the Emed proctoring.  They're talking about a difference proctor service.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Are people really submitting for insurance payments for a test needed for a vacation? No wonder insurance is so high.  I’ve used EMed test twice now, never even considered my health insurance would owe me money for a vacation. 

Yes.  We got $48 for our 4 tests.  That is not why insurance is high by a long shot.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Why not?

My insurance pays for different medications and shots required when I travel internationally to select locations.

• Like 1

My insurance very clearly says unless I am getting a test due to exposure or symptoms, it is not covered. So, if I would submit a claim, it would be a falsified claim AND that is why insurance rates are so high. 

On 5/17/2022 at 11:10 AM, alexgtp said:

Seems to fulfill RCL criteria: of PROCTERED, and the price is alot cheaper than BINAXNOW option. Interesting to try.
image.thumb.png.9bb35838fb254a9fe5d495b0a8ab000e.png

I contacted them about pricing. Here's the reply below.  The price is actually very close to BinaxNOW, and the proctor session is pre-booked, not on-call like Binax:

Hello,

Thank you for reaching us.

For Observed Test for Travel - cost is $20/session, our observed tests do not come with a physical test. The product is the monitoring and documentation of the rapid test. You will need to purchase rapid tests either through our website, or you can go to your nearest pharmacy.

For Travel Bundle for Two - costs $54.99, it already consists of two iHealth Antigen test delivered to your door and two observed test sessions via webcam.

You will need to book for the virtual session so you can choose when is your preferred date and time. 

Regards,
Janine
Edited by pcur

And here's another telemed proctored testing company. Any FDA test kit and only $18.99 for the proctoring session OnPoint Testing. Link: https://onpoint-testing.com/product/certified-teleservice-covid-testing/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw1ZeUBhDyARIsAOzAqQLHNcbL0t56V4FojzX-DKpdK-ZUfzdq8aDdqvuRs8aVmCCAg_fRB3AaAiFIEALw_wcB

I like corporate competition with regards to pricing. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Coralc said:

And here's another telemed proctored testing company. Any FDA test kit and only $18.99 for the proctoring session OnPoint Testing. Link: https://onpoint-testing.com/product/certified-teleservice-covid-testing/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw1ZeUBhDyARIsAOzAqQLHNcbL0t56V4FojzX-DKpdK-ZUfzdq8aDdqvuRs8aVmCCAg_fRB3AaAiFIEALw_wcB

I like corporate competition with regards to pricing. :classic_biggrin:

Thank you, thank you, thank you, my friend!  I've spent a lot of time looking for this kind of service.  I'm am going to have to give my procrastinating son my last two BinaxNOW test kits if he doesn't get moving on ordering more for himself.  Plus, I just ordered more of the government freebies, so having a proctored test service that works with them is wonderful!  

Coralc rocks!!

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2022 at 4:34 PM, sandy toes said:

My insurance very clearly says unless I am getting a test due to exposure or symptoms, it is not covered. So, if I would submit a claim, it would be a falsified claim AND that is why insurance rates are so high. 

Glad someone gets it…there is no free lunch..the rest of y’all, claim away.  It just doesn’t feel right to me.  YMMV.

Edited by PTC DAWG

On 5/17/2022 at 5:27 PM, PTC DAWG said:

On CVS' site for no-cost testing it asks "Are you seeking a COVID-19 test because of high transmission rates and difficulty maintaining recommended social distancing?" 

I feel like that's a pretty good catch-all to use for a vacation-related testing. 

Edited by doppelganger2621

On 5/18/2022 at 4:34 PM, sandy toes said:

DH put our claim in and there was not any statement or question about exposure or symptoms.   You do realize Insurance Companies are required to reimburse up to $12 per test, right?  

https://www.cms.gov/how-to-get-your-at-home-OTC-COVID-19-test-for-free

And don't forget that those on medicare can get 8 test kits per month for free.

"Medicare has a new initiative that will cover up to eight over-the-counter COVID-19 tests each calendar month, at no cost to you. Who's eligible? Medicare will cover these tests if you have Part B, including those enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan.Apr 4, 2022"