Proof of vaccination

versuco

14 minutes ago, versuco said:

This is why I don't post on cruise critic very much anymore.  I was hoping someone with firsthand knowledge could answer my question, instead I get a snarky response.  

Carnival's COVID protocols page clearly says photos of the vaccination card isn't accepted.

Everything you ever needed to know about Carnival's COVID policies are here:

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_040122

You need to follow these policies, not what you read on here. Because what you read on here is not binding, and it'll be you watching the ship sail away from the pier. Not us.

• Like 1

The thing is - do you really want to be standing there at the cruise port on embarkation day with just a photo in your camera and find out it's unacceptable. Just put it with your passport (I use a very handy passport case that I got on Amazon (brand is Zoppen) and you are prepared for any issues.

Don't travel with your Passport? That's an incredibly foolish way to travel (even domestically). Look at your Passport - how much personal information is on it. (hint - the answer is HARDLY ANY). Now look at your drivers license. It gives out almost everything a thief could want. Address, birth date, height, weight, eye color, etc. Your drivers license is good for one thing - driving.

43 minutes ago, SDPadreFan said:

The thing is - do you really want to be standing there at the cruise port on embarkation day with just a photo in your camera and find out it's unacceptable. Just put it with your passport (I use a very handy passport case that I got on Amazon (brand is Zoppen) and you are prepared for any issues.

I agree. My vaccine card is in my passport case also. So quick and easy to have everything all together if I need it. 
I do have a photo of my vaccine card on my phone though. I have had to upload it to Verifly and ArriveCan, so I just kept it on there.

We used our digital vaccine record (on our iPhone) to fly back to the US recently.  But I'm finding cruise lines seem to have rules of their own.   I'll bring the printed copy for our cruise next week.   Actually, truth be told, I bring it everywhere I go pretty much, so no big deal.   

Gets confusing talking about Originals and photos and copies.  In Alberta the Original is the digital pass(pdf) you can download off your MyHealth Acct.  Which I then printed a COPY of to show them at the port.  So i did take the ORIGINAL (on my phone) in case the printed copy wasnt good enough.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 6:06 PM, versuco said:

Do I have to show the original covid vaccination card at embarkation, or can I just show a copy from my phone?

You NEED the Original card if your showing paper work. You can sign up for the verifly app and down load all info to them and then use that on your phone. You Need All Original paper work no copy's

Yes you need the original card at the terminal. The whole system is rather bizarre because you can't show a photo of the card at the terminal but you can upload a photo of the card to Verifly where nothing special happens except the person who looks at the photo is likely in some call center building in another country. This is not a comment on the need for a vaccine or whatever,  just pointing out that consistency is lacking in the execution.

Our original cards are handwritten, nearly illegible, 2" x 3" notecards. We recently moved and...I'm not entirely sure where they are. 😣

We went on the website for the Virginia Department of Health (where we lived when we got vaccinated) and were able to print off our Smart Health cards, which show proof of our COVID vaccinations. I'm assuming (hoping) these printed documents will work instead of the little handwritten cards. Anyone have any experience with these? I also plan to upload everything in Verifly, just in case.

8 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

Our original cards are handwritten, nearly illegible, 2" x 3" notecards. We recently moved and...I'm not entirely sure where they are. 😣

We went on the website for the Virginia Department of Health (where we lived when we got vaccinated) and were able to print off our Smart Health cards, which show proof of our COVID vaccinations. I'm assuming (hoping) these printed documents will work instead of the little handwritten cards. Anyone have any experience with these? I also plan to upload everything in Verifly, just in case.

California also has the PDF of all vaccines given.  I'm going to try to use this on my upcoming (10 days away).  I'll also bring my originals, but it'll be a test.  

• Like 1