Upgraded Lunch at Coco Cay Beach Club

Does anyone know for the upgraded lunch at CocoCay Beach Club (the lobster, filet, and fish) is it like on the ship where you can have as much as you want or do you just get 1 lobster tail OR 1 steak OR 1 piece of fish? Trying to figure out if it's worth spending the money for the beach club.

They will generally bring you what you want. I’ve gone twice and both times we received all the apps and desserts we wanted. Also got the surf/turf combo but not sides for both.

Tip - order a side of pita bread. The ones that come in the appetizer box was refrigerated and stiff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I haven't been there recently but in the past I only saw people getting one piece of lobster and steak.   May be able to ask for a 2nd, but I doubt you could get several lobsters like people do in MDR.  

IMO the prices they are charging for the beach club are not worth it.   Pre covid we paid $46.99 pp in 2020.   All my sailings this year have been selling around $175 pp

• Like 3

We paid $80 each in February.  We had lots of OBC and decided to try it out.  Afterwards we decided it was worth no more than $50 each.  Lunch was very good and bar service in loungers was nice.  But definitely not worth the small fortune they are usually priced at.

• Like 4

They actually encourage and ask you if you want more, the old one only per person thing, that’s hearsay.

Seeing as it costs $150 pp and upwards these days, get your money’s worth.

YMMV.

Here is an example 

Enjoy!

899FCDF0-C757-4530-811B-A826EDA1B3EE.jpeg

8E6CF046-8B80-4A16-A295-D817C4FCF76A.jpeg

2D4D9E28-B59C-496F-A1AE-8C43685D029B.jpeg

64764DE4-65E9-482F-85A9-325F58563912.jpeg

295BEE3C-A5A7-401B-A6A6-A3A657132D97.jpeg

7C37C211-C69D-46B5-944D-2B9E0AF675F2.jpeg

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I haven't been there recently but in the past I only saw people getting one piece of lobster and steak.   May be able to ask for a 2nd, but I doubt you could get several lobsters like people do in MDR.  

IMO the prices they are charging for the beach club are not worth it.   Pre covid we paid $46.99 pp in 2020.   All my sailings this year have been selling around $175 pp

For our sailing in a couple of months it's $199 per person.

39 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

They actually encourage and ask you if you want more, the old one only per person thing, that’s hearsay.

Seeing as it costs $150 pp and upwards these days, get your money’s worth.

YMMV.

Here is an example 

Enjoy!

899FCDF0-C757-4530-811B-A826EDA1B3EE.jpeg

8E6CF046-8B80-4A16-A295-D817C4FCF76A.jpeg

2D4D9E28-B59C-496F-A1AE-8C43685D029B.jpeg

64764DE4-65E9-482F-85A9-325F58563912.jpeg

295BEE3C-A5A7-401B-A6A6-A3A657132D97.jpeg

7C37C211-C69D-46B5-944D-2B9E0AF675F2.jpeg

Thank you for the pics!

• Like 2

Just to echo some of the other's comments, in our two experiences they brought an additional lobster and filet for my wife and I to share in addition to that which we ordered.   And it is a full lobster shell filled with claw and tail meat along with a very good filet.  One of the best RCCL meals we've had.

The $199 price, however, is very high IMO.  I realize it is market driven and RCCL is looking to increase revenue where possible with the restart, but in our October Oasis experience we did a day of walk on for $165 pp, (which seemed high and was then the full price) and in December Allure we got a planner offer of $85 pp, which was basically worth the lunch alone, let alone the rest of the venue. 

I'm guessing those days are long gone as our June Allure is at the $199 pp price - on which we are passing this time.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 2

Sister booked one of those "over the water cabanas" (I think there are nine of them) as a surprise for our anniversary, .....which will be us, her, and bro in law for our cruise with them in 2 weeks. 

Me?  I would never have booked it...agree Coco  Beach Club is over priced...and the Cabanas are worse....but, I am not the one to tell my sister I would not do it.   Smile and say "Thanks little sis".  😉 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, island lady said:

Sister booked one of those "over the water cabanas" (I think there are nine of them)...

There's actually about double that amount.  There are two groups:  one to the left when you enter the beach club and another to the right. (towards south beach)

Enjoy her generosity! 🙂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

There's actually about double that amount.  There are two groups:  one to the left when you enter the beach club and another to the right. (towards south beach)

Enjoy her generosity! 🙂

I wouldn't be a loving sister if I didn't.  😉 

Looking forward to the above food and over the water cabana... also courtesy of generous relatives.

Back to free chicken parm sandwiches & funnel cakes on the free beaches when we're on our own in July.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cherylnj said:

For my sailing in July, the charge is $249pp 😳.  They're out of their minds 

It did go on sale for $233 a person.  Ashamed to say I booked it.  It’s July 1 and I’m worried the cruise will be insanely crowded…

• Like 1

$225 per person (on sale!) for several upcoming cruises. 

The lunch is good and the place is nice but no way we would ever consider such a price  We enjoy the regular  beaches and have never had an issue with it bring trouble crowded even recently with two relatively full large ships. 

For those who enjoy it and don’t care about the price, I hope they have a nice day. 
m

• Like 1

1 hour ago, renji said:

It did go on sale for $233 a person.  Ashamed to say I booked it.  It’s July 1 and I’m worried the cruise will be insanely crowded…

The cruise may be at capacity, but no more crowded than normal pre-pandemic cruises.  

....and as you may see my prior comments about those who booked the beach club at that high price being the ones who are out of their minds, please know that I am just kidding! 🙂  I have been accused of being out of my mind a number of times - mostly by my wife.  (and she should know)!

Whatever one pays is the right price for them.   Enjoy the beach club!

• Haha 1

I was there May 7 and had lobster and grouper with roasted garlic potatoes. I saw a table of 4 with an additional plate in the middle piled high with more lobster.

Wow! Can't believe those prices. I paid $88.46. Didn't feel it was worth that.

Edited by twins_to_alaska
  • Like 1

We were there last October and found the food to be very, very good. They will bring you as much as you want and you can mix & match. We paid $179 and, although expensive, wouldn’t hesitate to pay it again. It was a GREAT day.

• Like 1

I agree that any price above $100 is pretty much a skip for us.  That said, it was a pretty good value at $80 or so for two people.  The meal alone was worth it and we both got seconds of lobster.  The filet was as good as the old filet at Giovanni's, previously the high point for Royal beef for us.  

Not going to happen unless it comes back down to under $100 pp.  That said the included food was pretty poor on our last visit.  Hamburger, hot dog, taco was the choice.  We ended up getting a funnel cake and a cookie.   I understand Labadee isn’t better but can compare the 2 stops on a cruise in December with both private island stops.  

4 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Not going to happen unless it comes back down to under $100 pp.  That said the included food was pretty poor on our last visit.  Hamburger, hot dog, taco was the choice.  We ended up getting a funnel cake and a cookie.   I understand Labadee isn’t better but can compare the 2 stops on a cruise in December with both private island stops.  

Next time, get the fried chicken sandwich & the mozz sticks. Put the mozz sticks & marinara on top of the chicken….

Yummy chicken parm sandwich! 😋 

• Thanks 1