HAL booking site improved!

DaveOKC

I just was working on a potential booking on HAL's website and found it much improved over the previous version (we was terrible IMO).  I only went as far as looking at the available cabins, but I have to report that it is much easier to use and MUCH faster than before.  BIG PLUS - I was able to see all the cabins in the category I wanted (by deck though), where before it would limit me to only 10!  Example - I was looking at SA cabins on deck 7 and found 21 (of the 38) open for booking.  Just for fun, I compared this result to another travel booking site and they showed exactly the same thing.

I sure hope that this new option continues!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

I just was working on a potential booking on HAL's website and found it much improved over the previous version (we was terrible IMO).  I only went as far as looking at the available cabins, but I have to report that it is much easier to use and MUCH faster than before.  BIG PLUS - I was able to see all the cabins in the category I wanted (by deck though), where before it would limit me to only 10!  Example - I was looking at SA cabins on deck 7 and found 21 (of the 38) open for booking.  Just for fun, I compared this result to another travel booking site and they showed exactly the same thing.

I sure hope that this new option continues!

It was like this a few months ago. Then it reverted to the old search for a stateroom by number. I am still showing the old stateroom by number search. It may take a day or two to update for everyone. I sure hope it updates. 

9 hours ago, albingirl said:

I went on their website yesterday and it showed I have no cruises booked.  Yikes....that is untrue!

Oh that might send me into a minor panic mode.....hope your cruise appear again soon.

Rochelle

9 hours ago, Andi Land said:

I like to search by a particular stateroom and that function is now gone. Otherwise, the site is much improved. 

Still physically available, but does it function?? 🙄

989639240_Screenshot2022-05-25130619.thumb.jpg.246caeeb048bc512d2da84e394434629.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VMax1700 said:

989639240_Screenshot2022-05-25130619.thumb.jpg.246caeeb048bc512d2da84e394434629.jpg

Not sure it is really needed now.  It would be easier in some cases, but I like the way it shows all the cabins in the Mega category by deck (and section).  I used it again yesterday to search for an aft facing cabin and it was much easier than in the past to see what my options were.

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

When I look at it on my iPad I don’t see that option. Am I looking in the wrong place? Or maybe I need to be on my laptop?

91034368-DE2D-49DC-96EB-00A51E092B8D.png

I hope it’s improved. I find it so unwieldy to look at possible cabins on the HAL site that I use a travel agency website instead that shows the information via departure month and actual deck plans. So much faster. The HAL website works especially poorly on my iPad which I use most frequently when browsing for future cruises. That’s one reason we give that TA our business instead of booking with HAL directly.

Edited by Caribbean Chris
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Not sure it is really needed now. 

Oh, it is. At least by some of us. 

On any given ship I have some favorite cabins, in a particular order. However, they may not be on the same deck, or even the same section of the ship. It's a nuisance to jump around, going back a few pages to start another search. I much prefer to be able to just enter one cabin number after another until I find one that is suitable. 
The last time I cabin searched, I was able to do that to some extent. But I never did find the cabin I eventually booked. My TA, on a call to HAL, did that. So, the system still has room for improvement. 

• Like 3

I like a combination of both. For those who want the big picture, you can see multiple rooms, yet for those of us who sail frequently and know specific rooms, I still want and need the ability to enter room #s. 

3 hours ago, RuthC said:

Oh, it is. At least by some of us. 

On any given ship I have some favorite cabins, in a particular order. However, they may not be on the same deck, or even the same section of the ship. It's a nuisance to jump around, going back a few pages to start another search. I much prefer to be able to just enter one cabin number after another until I find one that is suitable. 
The last time I cabin searched, I was able to do that to some extent. But I never did find the cabin I eventually booked. My TA, on a call to HAL, did that. So, the system still has room for improvement. 

We are like you. It’s not necessary location but specific cabin. Especially when we find one we really like, we like to re book those. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andi Land said:

We are like you. It’s not necessary location but specific cabin. Especially when we find one we really like, we like to re book those. 

I understand completely. 

I search for one that will let me get my scooter inside and park it, leaving me room to walk around it, without being an accessible cabin. I don't want the lower bathroom sink of an accessible cabin, and don't want to take an accessible cabin from someone who needs it more than I do. I can walk inside the cabin, and stand at the bathroom sink. I can even get up the step into the bathroom! 
Only certain cabins will take the scooter, and they are not always near each other. 
Then, too, location comes into play next. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RuthC said:

I understand completely. 

I search for one that will let me get my scooter inside and park it, leaving me room to walk around it, without being an accessible cabin. I don't want the lower bathroom sink of an accessible cabin, and don't want to take an accessible cabin from someone who needs it more than I do. I can walk inside the cabin, and stand at the bathroom sink. I can even get up the step into the bathroom! 
Only certain cabins will take the scooter, and they are not always near each other. 
Then, too, location comes into play next. 

How do I know which cabins have a door large enough to get a scooter to pass?

20 hours ago, Andi Land said:

When I look at it on my iPad I don’t see that option. Am I looking in the wrong place? Or maybe I need to be on my laptop?

91034368-DE2D-49DC-96EB-00A51E092B8D.png

Just go to the next step where you choose your cabin (and cabin availabily for a certain floor is displayed) and the option to select a cabin is there: 

E7E0DA48-0CC4-497C-AB72-ECD66F7BF672.thumb.png.fc2f3e1ed70df4edf82cf42a7823fba3.png

Hope this makes sense and helps 🤞 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kazu said:

Just go to the next step where you choose your cabin (and cabin availabily for a certain floor is displayed) and the option to select a cabin is there: 

E7E0DA48-0CC4-497C-AB72-ECD66F7BF672.thumb.png.fc2f3e1ed70df4edf82cf42a7823fba3.png

Hope this makes sense and helps 🤞 

Thanks for the screen shot. It looks like I have a different version. When I’m on that screen, I can only choose from a drop down list. No option to enter specific cabin. I haven’t tried on my laptop yet. 

6C26E0F0-25CF-4AC9-9DE8-64FDA91710D0.png

24 minutes ago, Andi Land said:

Thanks for the screen shot. It looks like I have a different version. When I’m on that screen, I can only choose from a drop down list. No option to enter specific cabin. I haven’t tried on my laptop yet. 

6C26E0F0-25CF-4AC9-9DE8-64FDA91710D0.png

Weird you would think it would be the same on all IPads. 😠 

Sorry it didn’t work for you.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

How do I know which cabins have a door large enough to get a scooter to pass?

I've never had a problem with the door width in a regular cabin. They don't have the extra width of an accessible cabin, but the handlebars do clear, with about an inch on each side. It's what comes next that matters more. 

Many cabins open to a wall of closets on one side, and the bathroom wall on the other; those cabins don't have room to pass down the entire passage to the more open area. Nor do they have room to turn around, or park inside---even if you could get that far.
I have done well in cabins that open to a wall on one side, and an end table on the other, or the end of the couch, which is a short distance. 

The inside cabins on Main Deck on all the Vista and Signature ships have plenty of room; there are some 'sideways' cabins on the 2 remaining R-class ships. I don't know of any non-accessible cabins on the Pinnacle ships that will accept a scooter. 

45 minutes ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

I haven't been able to see a screen allowing choices either on my computer or IPAD. I'll keep trying.

It seems like you have the same version of the update that I have.  I like most of it but need the cabin selection by number back again.