Stock benefits - obc

HS2BS

they still offer stock credit. There is an online form. Whether or not you can stack seems to depend on your luck. If you got OBC from your travel agent, you should still be able to get your stock credit, but if you got some kind of discount from RCCL (like a gambling credited cruise) then they have been saying no. 

We have used the shareholder OBC for years and it was often given as well as other OBC's from the cruiseline.  I hope that hasn't changed.  I don't think it should have anything to do with what you get from your TA. 

Yes they still offer the benefit and allow stacking that they had discontinued for a period of time.  I used it as recently as last month.   Beware you may have to re-submit a number of times as for some reason they loose them in the process.

For one of mine, I simply noticed the amount of OBC was higher. For another, I got an email,still a third I didn’t get an email but when I called to ask for an updated guest copy, it was listed. 

we just never know.

I received an email showing the amount they were giving me. And within a couple of days, it was on my account and could be used. But like others have said, it depends on other OBC you receive. In the past, we have decline a $50 credit to get the $100 one.

Edited by taxgal
additional comment

13 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

How did you know it was approved? Did you get any sort of email? Or did you just look at the booking in your My Celebrity account? Or some other way?

I got an email from celebrity with a document verifying the credit, I also noted in my online cruise manager that I had a credit.

11 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Curious if your request went through immediately or if you had to apply a couple times.   Earlier this year it was painful.

I did the online form and about 1 week later got approved.  very simple and painless.    I have a cruise with another line (carnival family) this summer as well and did there process it took 3 weeks and was more work as it had to be printed scanned and emailed.

We had a very easy time getting the credit.  Applied using online form this past weekend, and received email yesterday, and by evening it showed up online. I will say the email wasn’t clear it was because of the OBC.  It just had title of Guest Invoice, and listed some “Helpful Information” for our cruise.  If I hadn’t opened the attachment way down below I would not have know they had applied the Shareholder credit.

41 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I did it online using the new form which allows you to submit multiple sailings at once.  This was about 3 weeks ago.  It was applied about a day later and I got an email that it was applied.

Thanks.  I will give it a try as I'm submitting a B3B.    

I tried that in March and nothing, then tried the paper form and nothing.   Then tried each separately and they rejected saying my name was not on the account even though I had it in a red felt tip circle around it.     I called the executive office and it was applied within 10 minutes.

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2022 at 8:40 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks.  I will give it a try as I'm submitting a B3B.    

I tried that in March and nothing, then tried the paper form and nothing.   Then tried each separately and they rejected saying my name was not on the account even though I had it in a red felt tip circle around it.     I called the executive office and it was applied within 10 minutes.

Jim...Can you provide the mailing address? Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Boytjie said:

Just booked a cruise and will use the stock OBC benefit for the first time. I have an Etrade account - do I send then the full statement? It is six pages and my name is only on the first page of the PDF.

I just printed out the trade confirmation it had my name on it. Blacked out all other pertinent info

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Boytjie said:

do I send then the full statement? 

I include only the dated page that shows the shares.  Forget the online form.  Send it to ShareholderBenefit@rccl.com.

• Shareholder Onboard Credit will need the following 3 items highlighted on the attachment for proper processing:
    • Current Brokerage statement less than 90 days old.
    • Your name matching the name on the reservation.
    • 100 RCL Shares.
Edited by jwlane
  • Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 5:35 PM, bjahil47 said:

I just bought the stock in June.  I have a cruise in October.  I submitted the paperwork and statement info on Monday and got approval back Wednesday and it was in my account on Wednesday.  

I submitted a copy of my RCL trade on Thursday and got the confirmation on Sunday.
Where do you see it in your account? I don't see much details on my reservation. It says Check In start September 11th; will it only appear then?

10 minutes ago, Boytjie said:

I submitted a copy of my RCL trade on Thursday and got the confirmation on Sunday.
Where do you see it in your account? I don't see much details on my reservation. It says Check In start September 11th; will it only appear then?

Check your OBC amount - it should have gone up by 100.00

27 minutes ago, Boytjie said:

My confirmation emails have come with a revised "guest copy" invoice.  The OBC is reflected as OBC normaly would be, but it also has a cover letter specifically calling out the shareholder OBC.  If nothing else, you can look at your cruise planner, and you should see that your credit balance has increased by $100.