Princess Air Question

GidgetWidget

We booked our flights for our June cruise using Princess Air for the first time.  We have been able to select/confirm our seats for the domestic portions and our overnight to London legs but not the return flights from Copenhagen on Lufthansa.  Our E tickets are not yet issued so I cannot select them without this.  Does anyone know how long in advance Princess pays the airlines before the flights?  Lufthansa says to contact Princess and Princess says to contact the airline.  

37 minutes ago, GidgetWidget said:

We booked our flights for our June cruise using Princess Air for the first time.  We have been able to select/confirm our seats for the domestic portions and our overnight to London legs but not the return flights from Copenhagen on Lufthansa.  Our E tickets are not yet issued so I cannot select them without this.  Does anyone know how long in advance Princess pays the airlines before the flights?  Lufthansa says to contact Princess and Princess says to contact the airline.  

Is it first or business class? Those two classes get to pick seats before when using ezair no matter how far out the flight is.

• Like 1

Our travel was ticketed around 30 days from cruise commencing.  Outbound on AA First Class return on BA Business Class.   Was able to select seats at time of booking.

From experience, Lufthansa has some strange rules, especially if it is a code share, no matter what class.

1 hour ago, GidgetWidget said:

We are also flying in June using Princess Air for the first time.  Our flight LAX-LHR was ticketed two weeks ago.  Our return was just ticketed yesterday.  I would wait couple of days.

• Like 2

We fly out on June 25th for our Alaska cruisetour. American cancelled our return flight back in February, and it was finally rebooked, on United, in early May. Received updated flight info on May 6th, 50 days out, and outbound Delta flight was already ticketed. We're now at 32 days, and the return flight still hasn't been been. If that doesn't happen in the next few days, I'll be on the phone, and hopefully not banging my head against the wall. Lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GidgetWidget said:

Lufthansa doesn't allow seat selection in coach until ticketed.  You didn't mention the cruise or flight date, but there are no dates in June > 45 days from today.  IMO, you should be ticketed, but another post seems to indicate PCL may be tardy doing this.  You can always ask for ticketing if you have paid for the flight(s).

We are using EZ Air for business class seats on British Airways for our July 20 cruise. We requested early ticketing so that we could select seats. Our flights have now been ticketed but to our surprise we found out that British Airways won't let us select seats early without paying a fee. I have Bronze status with BA so I think I'll be able to pick them a week ahead. But in retrospect we didn't accomplish anything by asking Princess for early ticketing. We are happy with our flights and the price paid though.

Add me to the confused list!  Our flight is June 10th, and as far as I know we haven't received our tickets.  Do they come in. an email and what should I look for?  How and when do we check in. for our flights?

37 minutes ago, GloriaF said:

Add me to the confused list!  Our flight is June 10th, and as far as I know we haven't received our tickets.  Do they come in. an email and what should I look for?  How and when do we check in. for our flights?

Our ticket numbers are showing on both Princess travel summary and on the airline's website using the booking number.  We fly June 22nd and the flights were ticketed on May 18th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GloriaF said:

29 minutes ago, Retirement2016 said:

Our ticket numbers are showing on both Princess travel summary and on the airline's website using the booking number.  We fly June 22nd and the flights were ticketed on May 18th.

No email, to my knowledge, when the ticketing happens. I can see the ticket number for our outbound flight on both the travel summary in the Personalizer, and on Delta's website. Keeping an eye on United's website. Assuming the travel summary will also be updated when it happens, but not positive. This is our first experience using EZ Air.

Thanks for the replies, Retirement 2016 and hipster85!  We usually drive to the FLL port (about 6 hours) and I can only recall using EZAir a couple times. We've used credit crd points to book flights previously.   I have the copies of our flights, so I guess I have what we need.  We have our flight numbers, times, and seats so it looks like we are set!

I'm used to flying SW Airlines on the cheap, and I have to check in 24 hours in advance for a boarding number since they do not have assigned seats.

5 hours ago, GloriaF said:

Thanks for the replies, Retirement 2016 and hipster85!  We usually drive to the FLL port (about 6 hours) and I can only recall using EZAir a couple times. We've used credit crd points to book flights previously.   I have the copies of our flights, so I guess I have what we need.  We have our flight numbers, times, and seats so it looks like we are set!

I'm used to flying SW Airlines on the cheap, and I have to check in 24 hours in advance for a boarding number since they do not have assigned seats.

You want to make sure you’re ticketed.

Go to the airline website, look for your booking and check for your ticket info and seats. You don’t say what airline.

Many do allow advanced seating.

Or, check your travel summary to see

if there is ticket information.

When you book EZ Air it shows your Air booking number, which belongs  to EZAir.  If you move down, you will see your airline and their booking number.  You the airline booking number on the airline website to locate your booking or call the airline if you can’t find it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GloriaF said:

I confirmed our reservations and seats.  One more thing checked off the list!

Can you edit your post to delete the booking numbers in earlier post?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dog said:

Can you edit your post to delete the booking numbers in earlier post?

Unable to edit.  Guess it's b been too long since posted.  I sent report and asked it to be deleted.

Edited by GloriaF

I did go to airline websites and checked to be sure we are booked and ticketed and have reserved seats.  I did not think to email a copy to myself, so I'm going back to do that.  Thanks

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BuckeyeMark said:

You most definitely do NOT want to posting your booking numbers to the Interwebz...  bad things could happen.

You probably don't want to quote that post either. 😉

• Like 2