Where does Mariner of the Seas Dock at Port Canaveral

12 hours ago, Tagsalong said:

Get a ticket when you enter - pay when you leave.  Pay for all days parked unlike Terminal 1 where you pay upfront for days of one cruise even if you are staying longer doing B2Bs.

Personally, I think paying up front is better. That when when you get off the ship, you just go. No potential long lines to pay.  We always  have a long day of driving and like to hit the road.

Thanx

Erika

13 minutes ago, birdylady said:

Personally, I think paying up front is better. That when when you get off the ship, you just go. No potential long lines to pay.  We always  have a long day of driving and like to hit the road.

Thanx

Erika

I've always thought they did it because people arrive over a 5 hour window and depart in a 2 hour window. Like you said much easier to leave if you don't have to do the pay step.

11 hours ago, wayne_trisha said:

I have cruised from nearly all the cruise terminals at Port Canaveral. NONE are hard nor confusing nor complicated. drop off, parking and terminal entry real easy. I seriously don't know how someone can think this port is hard.

Haven't done north terminals in years, but the drawbridge can be a PIA on occasion. 

31 minutes ago, birdylady said:

Thanx

Erika

We just got off the "Mariner" last Monday and it was a NIGHTMARE getting out of the parking garage. As other posters have mentioned you pay when you leave,. not when you check-in to park. The traffic jam was awful. It took us at least an hour to get out of the parking garage. I hope we never have to do that again....

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, wayne_trisha said:

I have cruised from nearly all the cruise terminals at Port Canaveral. NONE are hard nor confusing nor complicated. drop off, parking and terminal entry real easy. I seriously don't know how someone can think this port is hard.

11 hours ago, monorail81 said:

That’s why I was confused. I thought I was missing something…

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Haven't done north terminals in years, but the drawbridge can be a PIA on occasion. 

There are several problems with the North terminals, and Terminal 5 is uniquely problematic (if you have ever cruised out of that terminal when it was the main Carnival terminal, you know why Carnival built T6 to replace it), For starters, the drawbridge can be a big problem. Also, that terminal is tiny, pie shaped, and shoved into a corner that requires you to cross the only roadway in or out to get back to your car. It is also situated on the same roadway that goes into the military base, and their traffic can be a bit difficult to navigate through. To top it all off, because of where it is located and when it was built, there is no garage - all of T5's parking is in a surface lot across the street. The closest garage is the one for T6, and that can be a hike.

1 hour ago, GEORGIEGIRL said:

We just got off the "Mariner" last Monday and it was a NIGHTMARE getting out of the parking garage. 

We were on this cruise as well. At least 45 minutes from the time we got to the car until we were paid and on the road. The garage was easy to access from the terminal but very chaotic once in the garage. 

16 minutes ago, SECdawg said:

We were on this cruise as well. At least 45 minutes from the time we got to the car until we were paid and on the road. The garage was easy to access from the terminal but very chaotic once in the garage. 

Imagine what it would be like if you had to share a single two lane entry/exit road with three other terminals (6, 8, and 10).

2 hours ago, GEORGIEGIRL said:

We just got off the "Mariner" last Monday and it was a NIGHTMARE getting out of the parking garage. As other posters have mentioned you pay when you leave,. not when you check-in to park. The traffic jam was awful. It took us at least an hour to get out of the parking garage. I hope we never have to do that again....

How was the walk from T5 to the garage? The last time we cruised out of T5 it was like playing dodgeball with cars coming from both directions just to get back to the car.

We just got off Mariner this morning. We arrived shortly after 3am for a medical emergency. Captain told us Friday night at dining hour he was doing top speed for the rest of the cruise to get emergency off. You  pay when you leave and there was a backup in all three lanes. Not like pier 1 on entry.  we got off at 730 just after walkoff. No trouble  with short 100ft walk to south elevator. Just 10 minute backup  paying.

Edited by villager70

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2022 at 8:31 AM, orville99 said:

To top it all off, because of where it is located and when it was built, there is no garage - all of T5's parking is in a surface lot across the street.

Huh?  There is literally a picture of a T5 parking garage on google maps. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mdepfl said:

Ok. Sure. 

When we started sailing out of T5 (before T6 was built) there was no garage, and all parking for T5 was in the surface lot across the street. The garage did not exist until T6 was built, and it is directly across the street from T6. While I am happy that T5 now uses that garage, when I posed my observations, we had not sailed out of T5 since 2012, and it is a hike to get to the garage from that terminal if you have mobility issues. 

Capture.JPG

Edited by orville99

So in 2022 T5 (Mariner) uses T6 parking garage  (if driving in)

You pay when you leave

It is a nightmare to get out

can anyone attest the above is correct for June 2022.

How far is walk from covered parking garage to T5

Sailing on Mariner in July 2022

Thanks

Happy Days!

Edited by PompeySailor

We recently cruised on Mariner from T5.  We dropped off our luggage at the main level and was directed to park at level 2.  It was early check in and there was plenty of parking.  There is a connecting walkway to the terminal from level 2.  If you can't park on that level you can take an elevator down to it.  Easy walk over to check in.  I have mobility issues and I was stressing over it.  At debark, a porter took our luggage to the car.  We payed as we left the terminal.  Again, it was early debark, so less traffic backup.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

We recently cruised on Mariner from T5.  We dropped off our luggage at the main level and was directed to park at level 2.  It was early check in and there was plenty of parking.  There is a connecting walkway to the terminal from level 2.  If you can't park on that level you can take an elevator down to it.  Easy walk over to check in.  I have mobility issues and I was stressing over it.  At debark, a porter took our luggage to the car.  We payed as we left the terminal.  Again, it was early debark, so less traffic backup.

Thank you 

Appreciated for the info and tip on level 2 👍🏻

• Like 1

This picture was taken from Mariner today, 6/13/22. C4C61FD1-80BE-4582-B231-A51B281F8101.thumb.jpeg.25cdba8f996b938df7bef594d6c418bb.jpegThe building in the foreground with the blue points is T5, behind it is the T5 Parking Garage with the blue waves painted on the top edge, and behind that in the distance is the T6 Garage. 

We parked first and took our bags down the elevator to dropoff (just seemed easier). From there we were directed to a multi-level ramp right next to the garage to go back up to the level of the boarding terminal entrance. Could have also taken the elevator back up and walked straight across to the entry. It wasn’t far. 

T5 isn’t pretty but gets the job done. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/12/2022 at 6:47 PM, RoperDK said:
9 hours ago, mommao729 said:

Is there handicapped parking closer? We don’t have a Florida pass but have our state. still need to be closer. We have an 11:30 check in time. 

If you follow what we did in the next quoted post you will be fine.  The parking deck connects to the terminal via a walkway that is wheelchair friendly at level 2.  There are plenty of handicap parking spots on each level of the parking deck.  If level 2 is full, then take the elevator down to level 2 and go from there.  If you try to enter the terminal from where you drop off luggage, then you will have to climb a winding ramp up to level 2.  People were waiting for wheel chair assist right at the elevator on level 2.  I walked to the terminal entrance with my cane and got wheel chair assist from there. 

On 6/12/2022 at 6:47 PM, RoperDK said:

3 hours ago, RoperDK said:

Actually, if you are handicapped at Terminal 5 there is an elevator available. Rather than go to the left to take the ramp, walk straight ahead like you are walking to the stairs and you will come to the elevator.

• Thanks 1