Oasis: Does Izumi require reservations for lunch with UDP?

You should have reservations for lunch.  On the Oasis in February, we had the UDP and walked in to Izumi Sushi at lunch, thinking that it should not be a problem.  They thought about it for a bit, and decided to squeeze us in (just 2 of us).  I think that we may have gotten lucky, and we got there early during the lunch period.

16 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Are the ala carte lunch prices the same at lunch as for dinner? I love sushi too.

Yes - it was the same menu and the same credit for the UDP.

Go to your Cruise Planner, look at All Dining, click on Izumi Sake and Sushi lunch, and then Reserve.  It will give you the day(s) it's open for lunch, and you can reserve in advance.

This way you know you can eat there, and not have to guess about it, or be disappointed.

Edited by pcur

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2022 at 1:56 PM, alexgtp said:

Yes. We  had UDP on Oasis and needed a reservation for lunch to get Sushi. So we opted to get take out and eat on our balcony. 

If you just want takeout sushi, you don't need a reservation, correct? Just a reservation to eat inside Izumi? For takeout, do you just walk up, order and wait?  Is it usually a long wait?  Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, Cruisin Around said:

If you just want takeout sushi, you don't need a reservation, correct? Just a reservation to eat inside Izumi? For takeout, do you just walk up, order and wait?  Is it usually a long wait?  Thanks in advance!

The wait varies depending on how busy they are.  We've had 15 minutes and we've had 45

On 5/31/2022 at 7:01 PM, Project-College said:

I'm sorry, my mistake, I should have said Izumi Sushi.  My two boys are Sushi nuts and are worried witrh reservations it will be tough.

Again, not for dinner BUT LUNCH!

We had the UDP and our teenage granddaughter ate in Izumi daily  when they were open for lunch- we didn't join her as we aren't sushi fans- no reservations were required.

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

We just got off of Oasis. Izumi did not require reservations for lunch.  Excellent selections and fresh. 

Say hello to Izumi Manager Jennie from Tony & Heather. She is the best!

Stay Safe and Happy Cruising! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bead Pirate said:

I might have missed it but what ship is the OP referring to? On the smaller ships (Mariner for example) there are only 7 seats in the Sushi area and they were booked up for lunch the whole cruise...

Oasis: Does Izumi require reservations for lunch with UDP?

Just a word to the wise! If you have UDP get all your reservations for lunch and dinner organized before sailing, and get to one of the restaurants soon as you board. You can make all your reservations at any restaurant. Make it your first stop. I recommend going to Giovanni's or Chops to do this, your best bet for no line. Avoid Izumi for this as there was quite a line for booking when we boarded last week. If you are booking for mulItiple rooms make sure you have everyone's reservation and room number.