The Daily for Wednesday 06/01/2022

richwmn

3 hours ago, dfish said:

I am home and doing well, although I will be heading to bed very shortly.  The surgeon said it was a nasty gallbladder.  That is what he told my friends in the waiting room.  I'll have to wait a couple of weeks for a translation from him.  Pain levels are tolerable at this point.  I expect it will be much less tomorrow.  

Thank you to @JazzyV, @AncientWanderer, @jimgev, @Quartzsite Cruiser, and @StLouisCruisers for all the well wishes!  I knew having the Daily with me would make a huge difference.   

Prayers for Buddy.

Glad you are home. And I hope the removal of the gallbladder takes care of all issues.

Susan

• Like 7

Good morning from the Oosterdam!  It’s 10:30 am and a beautiful day. We are in Marseille today. Unfortunately, Craig started feeling ill and we did a self test a bit earlier and his was positive and mine was negative. He called the health center and we are waiting for the nurse to come to retest. We’ve decided I will stay in our cabin and he will quarantine. They told him at least 6 days, today being day 0. He’s not a happy camper. 😞 We’ve got him all packed and ready.  I might change some of my tours since I’ll be by myself. 

Debbie @dfish— so good to hear your surgery went well. Feel better soon!

Sandi @StLouisCruisers — I am so sorry to hear about Buddy. Prayers for him. 

Have a great day. I’ll check back when today’s Daily starts. 

Sharon

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

Forgot to mention that the Pinnacle Grill won’t have lunch on sea days during our sailing and no Rudi’s pop up either. I’m not sure if the MDR will have sea day lunch or not. We also don’t see anything about BB Kings. Those were disappointments. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, dfish said:

I am home and doing well, although I will be heading to bed very shortly.  The surgeon said it was a nasty gallbladder.  That is what he told my friends in the waiting room.  I'll have to wait a couple of weeks for a translation from him.  Pain levels are tolerable at this point.  I expect it will be much less tomorrow.  

Thank you to @JazzyV, @AncientWanderer, @jimgev, @Quartzsite Cruiser, and @StLouisCruisers for all the well wishes!  I knew having the Daily with me would make a huge difference.   

Prayers for Buddy.

Very glad to hear surgery went well and the pain is manageable. Thank you for checking in. I hope today is a very good day for you. 

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning from the Oosterdam!  It’s 10:30 am and a beautiful day. We are in Marseille today. Unfortunately, Craig started feeling ill and we did a self test a bit earlier and his was positive and mine was negative. He called the health center and we are waiting for the nurse to come to retest. We’ve decided I will stay in our cabin and he will quarantine. They told him at least 6 days, today being day 0. He’s not a happy camper. 😞 We’ve got him all packed and ready.  I might change some of my tours since I’ll be by myself. 

Sharon

Oh, Sharon, what a bummer!  This stinkin' virus seems to be everywhere right now.  I hope you continue to test negative.  I never did test positive when DH did.  Hang in there and our thoughts are with Craig.

(I'm up in the middle of the night right now watching The Platinum Jubilee live.  You're in the right time zone for that.)

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

@StLouisCruisersSandi, you get to watch the Jubilee in a better time zone, too.  Stay healthy!  😍

You're right!  It was on when I got up at 7 am which was an hour and 20 minutes ago.  Ship time is moving forward again tonight and probably Friday night too.  People are coming later and later to breakfast!  I bet I'll miss the balcony scene because I'm going to Crooner's for a few hours of Knitting and Knatting, shortly.  I'll watch a recap later.  Enjoy watching there at home.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Sharon

Oh, Sharon, I am so sorry.  I know what this does to the cruise.  Try to make the best of it.  I will keep you both in my prayers.

Terri

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Sharon

Sharon, I am so sorry. This stinks for you & Craig. Praying his symptoms are mild and he has a “room with a view”. 

• Like 4

@Sharon in AZ well that just threw a wrench into your great plans; how awful.  I'm so sorry Craig tested positive after all the two of you have done to keep yourselves safe.  Please give him our best wishes for an easy quarantine and know you'll be in our thoughts these next few days.  BTW, maybe send him some real cutlery so he doesn't have to deal with wooden ones.

• Like 2