Would you take cruise rate only?

gordylad

3 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

The question is about choices, as long as there is a choice of not taking the Always Included, at a lower price, other people can take it and drink their kidneys silly. If it’s the only choice, it’s a deal breaker for us, and I’m sure we aren’t the only ones.

True.  When you have a choice, you can run the numbers and make the choice that is best for you.  For people who don't drink alcohol, that equation will be different from social drinkers. I can only consume so much into my body, and I would rather eat than drink non-alcoholic beverages. But, Celebrity, give us the choice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

I see your point, completely valid if I stuck to 4 cocktails.  😉  Since I don't, premium it is.  😉

🍹

As a rule, I stick to 4 cocktails.

Before lunch.

(Usually)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, drakes2 said:

@grandgeezernot to mention the liver damage all that alcohol can do if you continue to consume high levels. 

Good point, that’s exactly what my brother died from, several years ago, at the ripe old age of 64. The doctor had warned him several years previously, but in one ear and out the other.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Good point, that’s exactly what my brother died from, several years ago, at the ripe old age of 64. The doctor had warned him several years previously, but in one ear and out the other.

People won't listen until the damage is irreversible.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, abbydancer said:

I’m not sure about that.   I’ve read some live threads where the author would drink over 10 a day.   

having a drink package means you can taste test and not feel bad if you dont like and drip one sip.  Thats what I love about a drink package.  And better yet we booked a NOV cruise on Beyond and got a free upgrade to Elevate package!

• Like 1

I’m confused. We booked a Sky Suite and nowhere did it state we were booking a cruise only rate. We expected Retreat and AI. On the paperwork it states Cruise Only. I’ve emailed celebrity and the reply is that it will take 8 weeks to respond. 
On the website it states suites are not bookable for Cruise Only. Any idea here?

8 minutes ago, Pushka said:

I’m confused. We booked a Sky Suite and nowhere did it state we were booking a cruise only rate. We expected Retreat and AI. On the paperwork it states Cruise Only. I’ve emailed celebrity and the reply is that it will take 8 weeks to respond. 
On the website it states suites are not bookable for Cruise Only. Any idea here?

I don't know the answer, but I think cruise only means you didn't book air, or hotel, or any other land type packages.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Pushka said:

Cruise Only is only newly (again) presented as an option for rooms up to Aqua Class.  Suites have always been different in what they offer in the cost by design.  Cruise Only option is a costing that does not include Beverage Package, WIFI and Gratuities, all of which have always been perks embedded into a Suite offering, the other staterooms have always had these 'perks' as options ($$) until some time during the pandemic when the AI was introduced and it became the only option across the board so this is somewhat a circling back.

So your Sky Suite should not be Cruise Only and should have all the 'perks'  being talked about here along with the other things that come with booking a Suite.  This would explain the 'not bookable' the website states with regards to Suites.

Edited by poffles
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pushka said:

I had a similar situation when they were doing their "loyalty promotion" last year.  Put in your CC number when booking, and guess what? You got a suite without "the Retreat."  Nothing indicated that. 

If your invoice doesn't have anything on it that indicates you got the Retreat perks, then you don't have them. Get on the phone.  You still can get it put on the booking, but it probably will cost you. 

• Like 1

I've done lots of cruises in the Retreat.  If the confirmation says Cruise Only under departure airport it means you didn't book air.  That's all.  It has nothing to do with perks.

If it says it somewhere else, then I don't know.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pushka said:

Call them immediately!  We booked a Sky Suite for our upcoming cruise at an amazing "cruise only" rate!  That is usually the giveaway since our other Sky Suites have been more then double this price.

39 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

I've done lots of cruises in the Retreat.  If the confirmation says Cruise Only under departure airport it means you didn't book air.  That's all.  It has nothing to do with perks.

If it says it somewhere else, then I don't know.

I agree.  In fact, we've never booked air with X, so I'm used to that. The OP didn't mention if it was just indicated at the departure airport, so I figured I ought to alert since I and  others had the problem in the past. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I haven’t booked Celebrity in a little while and this is one of the reasons. What good does loyalty do if they are taken away when the perks are included in the price (which you are paying for)? If they change it back I’ll look at Celebrity again, but for now Royal fits the bill. 

Edited - After reading some more posts looks like Celebrity is allowing you to book and not include the extra perks. I still won’t consider them at this time since it still seems like they are charging a lot more than what they used to before they had the AI pricing. I know prices have all gone up, but they still seem overpriced from what they were before.

Edited by ReneeFLL

43 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I haven’t booked Celebrity in a little while and this is one of the reasons. What good does loyalty do if they are taken away when the perks are included in the price (which you are paying for)? If they change it back I’ll look at Celebrity again, but for now Royal fits the bill. 

Edited - After reading some more posts looks like Celebrity is allowing you to book and not include the extra perks. I still won’t consider them at this time since it still seems like they are charging a lot more than what they used to before they had the AI pricing. I know prices have all gone up, but they still seem overpriced from what they were before.

All true but at least its a step in the right direction. At least in Europe from the UK Royal is now more expensive than Celebrity.

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I think the important consideration is how the current pricing compares to other cruise lines/choices Previous pricing is not really relevant.  

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

I think the important consideration is how the current pricing compares to other cruise lines/choices Previous pricing is not really relevant.  

True. IMO most of the ones I looked at since the restart were overpriced compared to Royal. I have taken 18 cruises since the restart so I have looked at a lot of them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

True. IMO most of the ones I looked at since the restart were overpriced compared to Royal. I have taken 18 cruises since the restart so I have looked at a lot of them.

Cruising from the UK to the Med on a 14 night cruise a mini suite on Princess inc tips, WiFi and drinks is half the price of X' s standard balcony on Silhouette. Similarly Cunard is also around half the price 

2 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

The FUEL for my car seems overpriced from what it was before.  Feel free to substitute ANY word.

Hi Ruth, please can we have some of yours. Current price here is the equivalent of 💲9.50 per US gallon. Thanks Geoff.

5 hours ago, the penguins said:

Cruising from the UK to the Med on a 14 night cruise a mini suite on Princess inc tips, WiFi and drinks is half the price of X' s standard balcony on Silhouette. Similarly Cunard is also around half the price 

I thought you were an adamant “cruise only” cruiser?

Cunard might be interesting to drive.  Can you provide the dates and ships for the three cruises that you compared?

Thanks.

We liked Celebrity's pricing PRIOR to when is made AI mandatory.

Even though X now offers the no perks rates, the prices are artificially high.

Therefore, we are leaning toward Royal in the future.

10 hours ago, jagoffee said:

To most people cruising isn’t a necessity, so price comparison is not really relevant. The only thing that matters is it worth the price? If it is pay it, if not stay home or find other alternatives. 
For most people that approach won’t work with gas.

• Thanks 1