Elite Benefits

amajaa

4 hours ago, skynight said:

Not certain if the wine tasting and the afternoon tea is operational right now. But you can order specialty teas and coffees using the Ocean Now app for delivery to you any where on the ship. 

We had afternoon tea in our suite on our April Discovery cruise. Didn't look for the afternoon tea in the MDR, so don't know if that was available.

3 hours ago, amajaa said:

I found out recently about the lounge, we had never been when we were platinum as didn’t know about it but probably wouldn’t have gone anyway . 

So the cocktail party for Platinum and Elite is still going then, it doesn’t mention it on the web page about benefits.

I thought they used to do a lunch with the Officers for Elite not just the top 40. The reason I thought that was because on our last cruise, before Covid , we made friends with a couple who were Elite who went and they said there was so many Elite they had to have two lunches to accommodate all the Elites. 

That sounds like the Platinum/Elite/Suite cocktail party. Usually on a formal night and frequently has to be split because there are so many eligible.

Agree with everyone else's comments for the happy hour and cocktail party.  It was great before but now with the Princess Plus not really worth it.  The check-in area lounge also hasn't really been used, check-in has been very efficient on the past two cruises that it took less than 10 minutes.  Other benefits, the mini bar.  If you don't like the assortment, you can inform your room attendant your preference.  It's still based on the mini bar menu but you can choose how many of each.  Laundry was actually nice, all clothes were pressed.  Only complain for the undershirts, it got ripped so not sure if they throw that on a different laundry.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, amajaa said:

I’m sure this has probably been covered but I tried the search and can’t find it, so apologies if it has.

Just looking through the Elite Benefits , am I right in saying the Elite/ Platinum cocktail party has disappeared and also the Elite Lunch? I know the internet has definitely gone but wondered about the others and what is now it their place? 

I see there is a wine tasting, how do you get that and also the afternoon tea please? Do you get the canapés automatically on a formal night or do you have to pick a time (I hope so) and also can you pick what you want or do you just get a selection? 

The cocktail party is there, canapés are order on a paper request form for formal night .... pick 1 option. Nothing vegetarian. Most traveled cruisers luncheon is still there

8 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

High Tea to be delivered you need to order through  room service 24 hours in advance.

High tea was not available to Elite members on my post covid cruises. That was a suite perk. Doesn't really matter. You can put it together on the app (fruit, veggies, cheese, key lime pie, vanilla tea .... yum)

8 hours ago, vjmatty said:

Delivery only, or do they have a venue where you can go have afternoon tea?

Tea is in one of the MDRs off the piazza 

There has been 2 wine tasting on all 4 restart cruises & it's listed on the app for the upcoming one. Winemakers 1st Sea day, Grapevine last sea day

Edited by Ombud

8 hours ago, amajaa said:

I’m sure this has probably been covered but I tried the search and can’t find it, so apologies if it has.

Just looking through the Elite Benefits , am I right in saying the Elite/ Platinum cocktail party has disappeared and also the Elite Lunch? I know the internet has definitely gone but wondered about the others and what is now it their place? 

I see there is a wine tasting, how do you get that and also the afternoon tea please? Do you get the canapés automatically on a formal night or do you have to pick a time (I hope so) and also can you pick what you want or do you just get a selection? 

Elite/Platinum still have happy hour with hors d’oeuvres about 5-7pm daily. We have always received a card in our room for the wine tasting. Yes you get to choose the formal night canapés and delivery time and in my opinion the choices have greatly improved. We no longer receive “upgraded” toiletries. No internet, but everything else is in place. 

On B2B Alaska cruises on the Crown Princess last month, we were among the MTP on both legs.  The luncheons were held in Sabatini's on the last full day on board (the Victoria day).  After having our names checked off, we posed for a photo with the (masked) Captain, who stood between us and had his arms kind of wrapped around behind us (but not touching us). There weren't name cards at the tables; a waiter led us to the table indicated by the Loyalty person.  Guessing that 10-12 officers were there and were introduced; they left after intros, but the Captain came around to each table for a brief chat.  There was a different menu each week, and all items were different from the foods pictured in partybarbie's photos.  Excellent wines flowed freely.  Photos were delivered to us while we lingered over dessert. 

I saw Afternoon Tea (in a dining room) only once in the Patter.  Never received a canape order form, although we are Elite. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, QuilterGirl said:

On B2B Alaska cruises on the Crown Princess last month, we were among the MTP on both legs.  The luncheons were held in Sabatini's on the last full day on board (the Victoria day).  After having our names checked off, we posed for a photo with the (masked) Captain, who stood between us and had his arms kind of wrapped around behind us (but not touching us). There weren't name cards at the tables; a waiter led us to the table indicated by the Loyalty person.  Guessing that 10-12 officers were there and were introduced; they left after intros, but the Captain came around to each table for a brief chat.  There was a different menu each week, and all items were different from the foods pictured in partybarbie's photos.  Excellent wines flowed freely.  Photos were delivered to us while we lingered over dessert. 

I saw Afternoon Tea (in a dining room) only once in the Patter.  Never received a canape order form, although we are Elite. 

Do you know what the cutoff was for the Most Traveled luncheon?  On my coastal in April it was over 500 days

8 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

On our B2B cruises on Discovery in Mar/Apr canapés were automatically delivered…no option to select which ones nor at what time. We got stuck with 1700 dining when the DMW mishandled our reservations & when returning to our cabin the canapés were in our cabin…not good.

This also happened to me.  I was surprised that they were delivered to me automatically since I have food allergies.  We couldn’t eat them even if I didn’t have allergies because they were spoiled by they time we returned to the cabin.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, amajaa said:

Perhaps I am getting it confused with P & O as they do an officers lunch for their top tiers with a senior officer hosting each table. We haven’t made top tier on there yet .

Are the officers still attending?

13 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

That sounds like the Platinum/Elite/Suite cocktail party. Usually on a formal night and frequently has to be split because there are so many eligible.

No.

The formal night event is the past passenger's party.

The Platinum/Elite/Suite cocktail party is every evening except the night of the past passenger party.

17 hours ago, MissP22 said:

You've got that correct. Since most people have the drink package and the food wasn't anything to get excited about, we just chose to go to dinner and skip the whole thing.

The lounge was practically empty the time we did go. 

Same with us. With all the better food options on the ship, as if we needed pre dinner snacks in a largely deserted room. We also declined the Captains function - as soon as I saw formal, forget it.

10 hours ago, Ombud said:

High tea was not available to Elite members on my post covid cruises. That was a suite perk. Doesn't really matter. You can put it together on the app (fruit, veggies, cheese, key lime pie, vanilla tea .... yum)

Tea is in one of the MDRs off the piazza 

I ordered tea on the Enchanted and CB not in a suite since the restart. It shouldn’t be ship specific but maybe right now it is? 

If the ship we are sailing on has a Skywalkers and the P/E/S cocktail hours correspond with sail away we will have our pre-dinner drink in Skywalkers because we Iove to watch the view.  If there are too many P/E/S and the venue has changed to dark and dreary Club Fusion we give it a pass.  On Royal class ships we love the outdoor bar and terrace aft of the buffet with access to more food choices and wonderful views.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

I ordered tea on the Enchanted and CB not in a suite since the restart. It shouldn’t be ship specific but maybe right now it is? 

---

Since the restart we also have ordered the Elite Afternoon Tea on Grand and Discovery.

• Grand Princess (1/1/2022, C738 BD Balcony)
    image.thumb.png.c17509869e970fdffaea1aa7fc5468de.png

• Discovery Princess (4/12/2022, E410 DW Deluxe Balcony--extended angled)
    image.thumb.png.f8f2280530538861983aae6ed6632b56.png

---

Edited by RSS from SF

3 hours ago, leck57 said:

Same with us. With all the better food options on the ship, as if we needed pre dinner snacks in a largely deserted room. We also declined the Captains function - as soon as I saw formal, forget it.

It only say formal on the invitation but it really not. 

Jeans & a Polo is what my husband wore the last 3 events. We only went to here the numbers of passengers aboard the ship. Since there's no appetizers any longer and having the drink package, we only pop in to listen for a while & make our way to dinner ASAP. 

No officers were there either, so why bother. 

@memoak, I don't know what the cutoff was; it was not announced at the MTP luncheon.  We have 322 days.  Alaska cruises are the only ones where we have made the cut-off, as there are so many new Princess cruisers on these routes.

4 hours ago, MissP22 said:

It only say formal on the invitation but it really not. 

Jeans & a Polo is what my husband wore the last 3 events. We only went to here the numbers of passengers aboard the ship. Since there's no appetizers any longer and having the drink package, we only pop in to listen for a while & make our way to dinner ASAP. 

No officers were there either, so why bother. 

It is a formal night but that is usually for dining not parties. I haven’t packed my tux in many years and never will again

4 minutes ago, memoak said:

It is a formal night but that is usually for dining not parties. I haven’t packed my tux in many years and never will again

The invitation we received said formal but my husband never pays much attention to that anyway. 

Guest ldtr
On 6/7/2022 at 8:12 AM, MissP22 said:

Maybe it's just me but we found the food at the Platinum/Elite cocktail party to be curtailed on what was presented each night. There was never anything "special" to attract us to go as there used to be 2 years ago. 

Have been on 4 Princess cruises this year.  Found the menus to be almost exactly the same as pre-Covid, with the same main items that varied each night (Beef Tartare, Shrimp, Stilton Cheese, etc.)

For many it was never anything special even before Covid.

23 hours ago, ldtr said:

Have been on 4 Princess cruises this year.  Found the menus to be almost exactly the same as pre-Covid, with the same main items that varied each night (Beef Tartare, Shrimp, Stilton Cheese, etc.)

For many it was never anything special even before Covid.

We never did go to many before the covid break so maybe it just my imagination about it being less appealing.