No upgrade offer?

Elsammo46

I'm booked on the Getaway for August. After speaking with some people on my cruises' roll call, it would seem that many of them had already received their upgrade offer, however I have not. My NCL account home page doesn't even have that whole "Let's get you upgraded" screen I'm used to at this point until my cruise. I've never been on an NCL cruise without getting an upgrade offer so my question is are the offers only given out to some passengers and will there just be some people who don't receive one? It isn't a huge deal, but its just something I've never heard of happening. 

1 hour ago, Elsammo46 said:

I'm booked on the Getaway for August. After speaking with some people on my cruises' roll call, it would seem that many of them had already received their upgrade offer, however I have not. My NCL account home page doesn't even have that whole "Let's get you upgraded" screen I'm used to at this point until my cruise. I've never been on an NCL cruise without getting an upgrade offer so my question is are the offers only given out to some passengers and will there just be some people who don't receive one? It isn't a huge deal, but its just something I've never heard of happening. 

Did you book through a TA? It has been posted here on CC that not all TAs participate in the upgrade program. Outside of that, it's always been hit or miss as to whether we get invited to bid for an upgrade. No rhyme or reason.

Someone posted this link a while back .... I tried it and it worked for my cruise

https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/offerNCL/

For some reason when I click above it doesn't go anywhere but if I type the info in a browser window it takes me to a page where you put in your last name and reservation number.

Edited by kjquilts
added something
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Elsammo46 said:

Your travel agent does not participate in the program. 

19 hours ago, kjquilts said:

Someone posted this link a while back .... I tried it and it worked for my cruise

For some reason when I click above it doesn't go anywhere but if I type the info in a browser window it takes me to a page where you put in your last name and reservation number.

Thanks for posting this.   It took a while to get it to work.  I did have to type it into the browser, as you said, and I had to switch to a different browser, but eventually I was able to make it work.

I had an email invitation to upgrade, but our friend didn't get one.  We tried using the link included in my confirmation email (TechIssuesUpgradeAdvantage@plusgrade.com) to see if I could request an email be sent to our friends but that didn't help, so we really appreciate you posting this link.

19 hours ago, kjquilts said:

This is the one I can get working.  https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/offer/NCL/    (needs / between offer and NCL)

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, FLAHAM said:

Bear in mind that Studio cabins don’t get upgrade offers.

They didn't used to - but apparently they have as of late, based on comments in other discussions.  NCL looking to get as much money as they can so no real reason not to, for now anyway.

14 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

I got an email upgrade offer from NCL for my September cruise but it doesn't say "lets get you upgraded" when I go on my website NCL account.

Same here. If I had missed the email then I wouldn’t know I could bid.

10 hours ago, trollydolly said:

Yeah two in our party for next week are in studios they got offers one is gold and one is silver maybe that’s why they got the offers

I've never cruised with NCL before.  I booked a studio cabin, and received an offer for upgrade several months ago after final payment.  

Waiting for response. Sail date is June 19th. Wish me luck with my rather low bid for a balcony cabin upgrade.

21 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Thanks for posting this.   It took a while to get it to work.  I did have to type it into the browser, as you said, and I had to switch to a different browser, but eventually I was able to make it work.

I had an email invitation to upgrade, but our friend didn't get one.  We tried using the link included in my confirmation email (TechIssuesUpgradeAdvantage@plusgrade.com) to see if I could request an email be sent to our friends but that didn't help, so we really appreciate you posting this link.

FWIW the correct link is https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/offer/NCL/ as noted.  The incorrect link originally posted didn't have the / between offer and NCL.