Carnival Stock Below $10

Lee Cruiser

19 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Idk. I do see carnival is way ahead in the percentage of LNG ships coming. Costs more idk. Carnival embracing the green thing. 

As more ships embrace it, the price of LNG will have more and more effect. That's a 6 month chart and they had a fire ruined earnings and still hotter than  a firecracker. Agree carnival was early with mardi gras. We need more solar power onboard. 

I wonder how much fuel the ships would save if they added solar panels to the lanais around the ship

3 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I see Carnival has made two purchases of CUK stock in 2 days. Not a huge amount, but it adds up.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/21a27a21-c75d-4a6f-8685-e891bac23680

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/11814141-ccf8-40a6-ae33-dccad172985b

Nothing new or unusual.  A continuation of what was authorized in 2021 again.  It's not 'using its cash, it issues and sells one and uses the proceeds to by the other.  

https://www.carnivalplc.com/news-releases/news-release-details/results-annual-general-meeting-and-extension-stock-swap-program#:~:text=Under the Stock Swap Program effective June 2021%2C the Boards,if any%2C for general corporate

As a result of the shareholders approving the Carnival plc general share buy back authority (Resolution 20), Carnival Corporation & plc also announce an extension of the Stock Swap Program (as described below) until April 30, 2023, under the same terms as previously announced. 

The Stock Swap Program allows us to realize a net cash benefit when Carnival Corporation common stock is trading at a premium to the price of Carnival plc ordinary shares.  Under the Stock Swap Program, we may elect to offer and sell shares of Carnival Corporation common stock at prevailing market prices in ordinary brokers’ transactions and purchase an equivalent number of Carnival plc ordinary shares in the UK marketUnder the Stock Swap Program effective June 2021, the Boards of Directors authorized the sale of up to $500 million of shares of Carnival Corporation common stock in the U.S. market and the purchase of an equivalent number of Carnival plc ordinary shares and use the remaining net proceeds, if any, for general corporate purposes.

As previously announced on June 28, 2021 and January 31, 2022, Carnival Corporation & plc announced that Carnival Corporation had filed a prospectus supplement with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (the “Commission”), under which it may offer and sell shares of its common stock through its agent, BofA Securities, Inc. (the “Agent”), having an aggregate offering price of up to $500 million, from time to time through an “at-the-market” equity offering program (the “Offering”).  

All Carnival plc ordinary shares purchased under the Stock Swap Purchase Program will be held by Carnival Corporation in accordance with the terms of the articles of association of Carnival plc and will carry no voting rights for so long as they are held by Carnival Corporation or its subsidiaries. None of the purchased Carnival plc ordinary shares will be cancelled or held as treasury shares.

23 hours ago, At Sea At Peace said:

As previously announced on June 28, 2021 and January 31, 2022, Carnival Corporation & plc announced that Carnival Corporation had filed a prospectus supplement with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (the “Commission”), under which it may offer and sell shares of its common stock through its agent, BofA Securities, Inc. (the “Agent”), having an aggregate offering price of up to $500 million, from time to time through an “at-the-market” equity offering program (the “Offering”). 

As I previously posted, they are playing the spread.

Oops they did it again today.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/9787809d-9257-4d22-a5b0-1d5850fa5ca8

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

Horses for courses. I don't think Virgin is ever going to be as big as Carnival and that's probably never been their goal anyway. They are probably trying to be HAL without pacemakers. And I think there's probably room for that in the industry - or was before COVID and the recession.

Virgin is purely a niche player and will never be large.

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

One major advantage Virgin has besides a new fleet is they're private so there will never be a "stock below $10" thread on their forum 😁

or MSC. They just disappear from time to time. Bain Capital (not Richard Branson) makes the decisions there.

Have enough shares for the OBC when we cruise, but have a limit order set to buy more to sell if it ever goes back up. I keep lowering the amount I want to pay for the shares. The stock is around 6.23 at the moment. I have been lowering my price from $7.50, I was at $6.25 yesterday but had lowered it to $6.00. I just went to $5.00. Such a risky thing right now, could buy it and go bankrupt and loose it or it could eventually go up and could sell and by like purchasing what I have now free.

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'm tempted to purchase a large block, but with ~5,000 shares already, it would take a chunk of change to significantly alter my overall cost.

Gotta play big to win big... or gotta play big to LOSE big !!  *eek*

I’m doing that with an electric motorcycle stock now. FUV. It’s sinking fast, down from over $30. 😩 I still believe in Carnival, and still a buyer for more at $5.00. I’m still up with carnival over the years, so that helps.  I wish the world would have some good news soon.  😊

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CruzDayz said:

I wish the world would have some good news soon.  😊

Please don't buy on this news but it is good:

Japan - https://jp.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

Hong Kong - https://www.scmp.com/news/article/3189135/royal-caribbean-plans-set-sail-hong-kong-again-after-tough-coronavirus

Asia is a huge market & they are beginning to reopen to some tourism

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Please don't buy on this news but it is good:

Japan - https://jp.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

Hong Kong - https://www.scmp.com/news/article/3189135/royal-caribbean-plans-set-sail-hong-kong-again-after-tough-coronavirus

Asia is a huge market & they are beginning to reopen to some tourism

Lot of hopium required for that. If it goes anything like the restarts here, the lines won't have the same leeway they did in the USA and will just be shutdown again. Trying to operate in that kind of arena  with folks who can shut you down all willy-nilly, or impose impossible levels of standards is a big gamble. Plus is costs money to move ships around and provision. Seems like a risky proposition that could turn in to costly wasted endeavor. The cruises to nowhere may turn into self fulfilling prophecy.

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 1

On 10/10/2022 at 11:44 AM, canes20 said:

Have enough shares for the OBC when we cruise, but have a limit order set to buy more to sell if it ever goes back up. I keep lowering the amount I want to pay for the shares. The stock is around 6.23 at the moment. I have been lowering my price from $7.50, I was at $6.25 yesterday but had lowered it to $6.00. I just went to $5.00. Such a risky thing right now, could buy it and go bankrupt and loose it or it could eventually go up and could sell and by like purchasing what I have now free.

I set limit orders to buy 10 shares at $6.50 and $6 and will probably add more limit orders at $5.50 and $5……. I’m waiting to see RCL’s and NCL’s results……

On 10/10/2022 at 9:44 AM, canes20 said:

Yeah that's what I'm holding plus I've already got OBC credited.  My bottom line:

100 sh @ 6.5 - 600 OBC = 50 net. If if goes to zero I've got 650 tax deduction + 600 OBC. That is if that's not clawed back

17 minutes ago, Inveterate Cruiser said:

I set limit orders to buy 10 shares at $6.50 and $6 and will probably add more limit orders at $5.50 and $5……. I’m waiting to see RCL’s and NCL’s results……

Sure hope its not as bleak. Personally always leery of investing in anything hitting $5sh but if it does dive below that, I might too just to lower my average. 

Edited by Ombud
Fat fingers typo on Droid

18 hours ago, Ombud said:

Asia has to start somewhere 

I just don't see that happening with a fresh round of lock downs announced just yesterday. Even in Shanghai, they announced closures of cinemas and entertainment venues. Any cruise line would be nuts to take a gamble over there with an almost certainty of being shut down and wasting a bunch of money. 2023 at the earliest and only after a six month period of non governmental intervention/lock downs.    

6 minutes ago, mz-s said:

The Asian cruise industry is dead on arrival. Maybe 5 years from now it might have a chance.

Hope you're wrong. I've got a cruise from Australia  -> Hong Kong -> Taipei -> Japan. Won't mind missing Hong Kong but want to get to Taipei & Japan

2 hours ago, Inveterate Cruiser said:

10 shares, I hope that’s a miss print. Stock doubles and you made a whole $6 or so. Don’t spend it all in one place. Living on the edge……

9 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

10 shares, I hope that’s a miss print. Stock doubles and you made a whole $6 or so. Don’t spend it all in one place. Living on the edge……

$60 or so if doubles, but whose counting

6 hours ago, Ombud said:

Yeah that's what I'm holding plus I've already got OBC credited.  My bottom line:

100 sh @ 6.5 - 600 OBC = 50 net. If if goes to zero I've got 650 tax deduction + 600 OBC. That is if that's not clawed back

Sure hope its not as bleak. Personally always leery of investing in anything hitting $5sh but if it does dive below that, I might too just to lower my average. 

how does the OBC work? How may shares do you need to have to be elogble?

1 minute ago, flcraigs5 said:

how does the OBC work? How may shares do you need to have to be elogble?

With 100 shares of CUK or CCL you get nonrefundable OBC based on how long the cruise is. Unlikely military OBC which is refundable.  They are stackable so you can have both shareholders & military (active, reserve, veterans). Currently 100 shares gets:

> under 6 days = 50

> 7-13 days = 100

> over 14 days = 250

So in my brain, my shareholder OBC covers gratuities 

On 10/3/2022 at 12:00 PM, TwoBadKnees said:

It's been mentioned that some credit card companies are excluding, in certain conditions, travel related charges from their guarantees. The CC companies don't want to be "Crystaled" themselves again.

Interesting development, went to pay off a cruise yesterday and then proceeded to snag insurance for the trip and found that many of the plans no longer cover financial default, whereas before they almost universally did (from my previous cruises). Luckily, I found one that did and it was a good price with the coverage I wanted but now it seems like the insurance underwriters don't want to get Crystaled either. Default coverage may become increasingly harder to find it seems which, ironically, kind of defeats the purpose of insurance to begin with.     

Edited by cruisingguy007

1 hour ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Interesting development, went to pay off a cruise yesterday and then proceeded to snag insurance for the trip and found that many of the plans no longer cover financial default, whereas before they almost universally did (from my previous cruises). Luckily, I found one that did and it was a good price with the coverage I wanted but now it seems like the insurance underwriters don't want to get Crystaled either. Default coverage may become increasingly harder to find it seems which, ironically, kind of defeats the purpose of insurance to begin with.     

And it has always been said that one of the advantages of private insurance over cruise line insurance was that the cruise line insurance did not cover insolvency.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

And it has always been said that one of the advantages of private insurance over cruise line insurance was that the cruise line insurance did not cover insolvency.

Good point. Plus being 450% more expensive and offering way less coverage, for me anyways.

• Like 2