The Daily for Tuesday 06/14/2022

richwmn

@StLouisCruisersSandi, I am so sorry you caught Covid.  Please take care of yourself. I hope your DH doesn’t get it too.

One word of advice from someone who knows. Even after you test negative, TAKE IT EASY.  Don’t try to do too much all at once,.  

I am still suffering from the after effects of this crazy thing.  

Praying that you have a mild case and get over it quickly.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Talking about wild animals, we recently had a young girl attacked by coyotes while she was on the beach. And then there was the cougar that walked into a business.  Neither of these incidents were in rural areas.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Good morning from Venice. 

72434CA7-902B-47A0-B8D8-F008705E6DFC.thumb.jpeg.c3aeb93bfc878be83664b78b78eeee67.jpeg

Sandi @StLouisCruisers — dang!  Craig can sure sympathize with covid jail. And in an obstructed view!  Double Dang!!

I made an arrangement with the Ocean Bar for him to get his Negronis. Mark, the bartender, called it his daily dose of medicine. 

43E4C51F-DABA-4BB5-A3D7-1FEE02802D04.thumb.jpeg.859623acd89112775f79c7ba02ca015d.jpeg

Bruce @aliaschief — After Craig was carted off to covid jail our cabin was “fogged”. I was told I could come back in 30 minutes, so maybe they’ve shortened the wait.  I felt sorry for our stewards, they had to wait and clean up afterward. I thought that was a bit extreme to fog the cabin but I guess they have protocols. 

@Heartgrove — I am so sorry to hear of your sister passing. Prayers. 🙏

@Rowsby — I am so sorry about your kitty. I think you said 17 years old, that’s a long life for a kitty. 

I hope everyone has a great day. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Good morning friend!  It’s almost time for DH’s test. I hope they let him know quickly!  We are in Haugesund now. I’ve already spoken to him 4 times in less than an hour!  The breakfast tray arrived with 2 small juices, a sliced orange and a plate of carbs that would choke a horse!  @dfishDebbie you would pass out if you saw it! I ate a fruit danish and some type of dough rolled up with bits of chocolate baked inside. I left the croissant and plain roll. There was butter and marmalade too. 

I had a pitiful sleep last night. The something-filled comforter was just too heavy so I tossed it down to the foot of the bed and grabbed the woolen Movies Under The Stars blanket I threw into my luggage. I took it for naps. Thank goodness!  I may call downstairs today and request a blanket for my bed or I’ll never get any rest. I told DH I would let him know if I nap so he won’t try to phone then. 

I opened my curtains to try to peer out at some scenery and I can see tiny bits of the Haugesund shoreline through the dirty windows of the tender. I should call downstairs and request someone get up here to clean them for little old me!  DH said maybe tomorrow they will use MY tender in the port of Olden so I can have a view all day. There have been several workers out here in the tender and on the catwalk this morning. I’ve given up closing the curtains because this is all I’ll see of the town. If they can see me through the filmed window they haven’t let on. I waved and no one responded. 

@srdancerJen is getting along okay. Her life was pretty restricted before her fall so it’s changed only a small amount. Thank you for asking. Praise the Lord she survived such a bad accident on the stairs!

@rafinmdthe food comes slightly warm. It’s on China plates or bowls, includes real cutlery wrapped in regular cloth napkins, and actual glassware not cardboard. Thank goodness!  I was given a menu for lunch and dinner to select from and I bet Bordeaux DR lady will be calling to take my order this morning. 

I want to say thanks for all the prayers for me and DH.  But please say fervent prayers for Buddy who is in a grave life threatening situation.  It’s very serious. 😢

I’ll be back with DH’s results when they notify him. Since he has no symptoms I hope it’s not a positive and they put him in with me, ONLY because I’m coughing and he hates being around coughers.  I have to be very careful to cover and not cough in his direction. He’s always been that way. I want him to stay and enjoy our balcony room and be free to sightsee, and especially take photos for me. It’s the best we can do with this situation. 

Talk to y’all later 🤞

• Like 11
  • Thanks 8

@StLouisCruisers Sandi — just catching up on the Daily.  So sorry to read that that darn bug caught you 🥲!  Hope DH stays negative and you can get out of COVID jail Monday.  Was hoping to see you again at the M&G yesterday, but opted not to go based on the numbers from last cruise.

Get well soon!

Kay

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sorry folks but it’s bad news. DH is positive and packing some things to join me in Covid jail. The man hasn’t got a single symptom!  This is crazy!

Oh dear, I am so sorry about DH. I was tested twice and self tested once. I did the self test because I had symptoms and didn’t want to go on an excursion without knowing. The others were by the ship health center.  All negative but still had symptoms, dry cough (and I never cough), cold symptoms and even laryngitis. Crazy. 

I am praying for Buddy. Way too young. Thank goodness for your niece and your family. 🙏🙏🙏

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sorry folks but it’s bad news. DH is positive and packing some things to join me in Covid jail. The man hasn’t got a single symptom!  This is crazy!

So sorry to read this news, but at least you'll be together. ❤️  Hope they are mild cases.

Extra prayers for Buddy.🙏

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

OH NO!  It is crazy - I agree.  

So very sorry to hear this 😢 

And, very fervent prayers for Buddy 🙏🏻 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friend!  It’s almost time for DH’s test. I hope they let him know quickly!  We are in Haugesund now. I’ve already spoken to him 4 times in less than an hour!  The breakfast tray arrived with 2 small juices, a sliced orange and a plate of carbs that would choke a horse!  @dfishDebbie you would pass out if you saw it! I ate a fruit danish and some type of dough rolled up with bits of chocolate baked inside. I left the croissant and plain roll. There was butter and marmalade too. 

I had a pitiful sleep last night. The something-filled comforter was just too heavy so I tossed it down to the foot of the bed and grabbed the woolen Movies Under The Stars blanket I threw into my luggage. I took it for naps. Thank goodness!  I may call downstairs today and request a blanket for my bed or I’ll never get any rest. I told DH I would let him know if I nap so he won’t try to phone then. 

I opened my curtains to try to peer out at some scenery and I can see tiny bits of the Haugesund shoreline through the dirty windows of the tender. I should call downstairs and request someone get up here to clean them for little old me!  DH said maybe tomorrow they will use MY tender in the port of Olden so I can have a view all day. There have been several workers out here in the tender and on the catwalk this morning. I’ve given up closing the curtains because this is all I’ll see of the town. If they can see me through the filmed window they haven’t let on. I waved and no one responded. 

@srdancerJen is getting along okay. Her life was pretty restricted before her fall so it’s changed only a small amount. Thank you for asking. Praise the Lord she survived such a bad accident on the stairs!

@rafinmdthe food comes slightly warm. It’s on China plates or bowls, includes real cutlery wrapped in regular cloth napkins, and actual glassware not cardboard. Thank goodness!  I was given a menu for lunch and dinner to select from and I bet Bordeaux DR lady will be calling to take my order this morning. 

I want to say thanks for all the prayers for me and DH.  But please say fervent prayers for Buddy who is in a grave life threatening situation.  It’s very serious. 😢

I’ll be back with DH’s results when they notify him. Since he has no symptoms I hope it’s not a positive and they put him in with me, ONLY because I’m coughing and he hates being around coughers.  I have to be very careful to cover and not cough in his direction. He’s always been that way. I want him to stay and enjoy our balcony room and be free to sightsee, and especially take photos for me. It’s the best we can do with this situation. 

Talk to y’all later 🤞

I am also on the ship and looked for you at the M&G yesterday. No wonder I couldn't find you. This is terrible. I'm at phone 10301. Janet

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

😱 They should just move both of you back to your balcony like they were doing last cruise.  We had a guy (for at least the last 11 days of the cruise) in his original balcony cabin right next door to our tender obstructed room on Emerald deck starboard.

We have Coricidin HBP for cold and flu in our traveling pharmacy if you would like any.  Call 10-324 and let us know.

Kay

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Red Haired Lady said:

I am also on the ship and looked for you at the M&G yesterday. No wonder I couldn't find you. This is terrible. I'm at phone 10301. Janet

Janet that’s so nice. If anything comes up I’ll let you know. 🙂

11 minutes ago, kb4683 said:

😱 They should just move both of you back to your balcony like they were doing last cruise.  We had a guy (for at least the last 11 days of the cruise) in his original balcony cabin right next door to our tender obstructed room on Emerald deck starboard.

We have Coricidin HBP for cold and flu in our traveling pharmacy if you would like any.  Call 10-324 and let us know.

Kay

Kay they told DH they are trying to keep all of us contained in one area.  Last cruise they had to revert to using original cabins because they ran out of quarantine rooms!  I saw those little tables and trays everywhere last week. My cough is worse today and I can call for cough syrup if I want some. We have a cruise pharmacy of cold and flu meds ourselves here. Just hadn’t taken any yet. I’ll sure call if the need arises. 🙂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2