The Daily for Friday 06/17/2022

richwmn

@HAL Saileryour description of the tractor accident just gave me chills. My DH used to cut the fields and hills on our farm on his tractor and he would be out there all alone, it always worried me. I hope your DH’s nephew has a good recovery although I’m sure it will be a long one. Prayers for him and your whole family. 

St Louis Sal

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

@ger_77  Thankyou for the recipe.  I am going to make it this weekend, as I have nothing in the house to eat, but donuts....bacon, and eggs for one more meal.  So a shopping I will go!

@bennybear Those pictures are "postcard" perfect, and I wish I had them in jigsaw puzzles!

Well I'm back to being Gumby again.  Got a text from the boss 1, who has informed me that Arizona Opera will not need our services for the month of July, and Boss 2's job ends at the end of June.  I was called by boss 1 and told that the senior coordinator would be contacting me regarding my next assignment.  Seems they want my co worker and I on campaigns where staff has no idea what they are doing, and until they are up to snuff  (newbies) work the campaign to help the newbies.  Rotating on either a weekly or monthly basis with job 1.  But of course in two weeks, there wont be a job 1.

Boss thinks we work well together.  I didn't break her illusion by telling her that I curse my co worker every day.  We have two different types of styles, one person calls as many people as she possibly can per hour, and  think that's a good job.  And the other person marks everything, dots the I's and crosses the T's and gets rid of calls with bad phone numbers so that the next person wont have to waste time.

I am the "other"  person.  I end up calling people with wrong phone numbers, because the first person doesn't clear them out, she gets an answering machine, and I listen to the message long enough to know it's not the person we are calling.

ex. we are calling Jennie Smith and the machine picks up...this is Fred of growers mowers -leave a message.  Nope, not going to find Jennie who bought tickets for the ballet at growers mowers.  Especially since the last time Jennie bought tickets was 2015.  But there you have it, we are somehow married to each other through the years, because we are cat women. I mean women who are owned by cats....

Funny_Pictures_16264.jpg

Wish me luck, hopefully I wont be calling Hawaii.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, St. Louis Sal said:

Greetings all from a hot and muggy St Louis today.

Sorry I have been gone so long, lots to keep me from the Daily. My DS & BIL came to visit for two weeks and we had a good time, BUT, my sister chose not to wear a mask in the Las Vegas airport or on the plane and several days into our visit she got what she thought was a respiratory infection. She got better, but then my BIL got the same, but also with a fever. They were convinced it was not Covid (my sister had a mild case early in the pandemic). They headed home, but the following week my DDs were sick and tested positive, then I got sick, it was Covid and today my DH tested positive too. Bummer. Doc put my older DD and myself on Paxlovid, which my husband can’t take because of heart issues. So he is on Molnupiravir. Our cases so far haven’t been bad, but even mild cases are not fun. My younger DD is toughing it out. 

To top off such fun times, we had bad storms come through overnight which took out our electric. Unfortunately, I was in my adjustable bed and the battery did not work, so there I was at 5 in the morning stuck in the bed. (Fortunately there are no videos.) DH could not get me out (did I mention he is in a walking cast for his torn ligament?) so it was a call to the paramedics to come rescue me. They were quite busy, there were extensive power outages all around us. We finally got electric back on around 3 in the afternoon. 

Never a dull moment around here. Enough bad news for now, I think another nap is in my future. I am keeping all who need them in my prayers 🙏 and a toast to those celebrating. 🥂

Take care all.

St Louis Sal

Very happy to hear from you, but so sorry about all  your trials and tribulations.  I hope things get better for you.

@ger_77 Thanks for the recipe.   @Seasick Sailor Your recipe reminds me a lemon pie I used to make as a kid.   I think it is the sweetened condensed milk.  

• Like 16

11 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Happy Friday! A beautiful day with wind so no fishing but a lot of weeding. 

We love fried fish and since we cook our own Walleye at the cabin there are no chips.  Lots of fresh veggies though.

Thanks for the Daily Reports.  Prayers for the three missing men supporting Ukraine, the people of Ukraine and all on Roy's care list. 🙏

IMG_20220617_072811325_BURST000_COVER.jpg

I love Walleye.  Used to catch them as a kid with my dad and uncles up in Canada over Memorial Day week. Talk about black flies!

• Like 10

7 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

Prayers are asked for my DH's nephew (age 68) who was mowing his mother's lawn yesterday and going up a hill when the tractor tipped over on him. He has multiple injuries – fractured vetebra from mid-back to waist, broken ribs, fractured sternum, bruised lung, He has had surgery and rods, pins and screws were inserted to stabilize his spine. 

Sending prayers and positive thoughts for a full recovery.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

It's a cool grey Saturday, temperature about 9 C.

Thanks for all the contributions to the Daily, appreciated seeing the photos of today's port,  @kazu Jacqui your garden is a credit to you.

Chicken and vegetables on our menu for dinner this evening.

@HAL Sailer sorry to read of the tractor accident, thankfully help was nearby,  very best wishes to your DH's nephew for his recovery.

@durangoscots wishing you a very Happy Birthday.

Thanks for the Lemonade Pie recipes, @ger_77 what weight is the instant pudding pack?

DH has decided to build a Catio for our newly adopted cat.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, St. Louis Sal said:

Greetings all from a hot and muggy St Louis today.

Sorry I have been gone so long, lots to keep me from the Daily. My DS & BIL came to visit for two weeks and we had a good time, BUT, my sister chose not to wear a mask in the Las Vegas airport or on the plane and several days into our visit she got what she thought was a respiratory infection. She got better, but then my BIL got the same, but also with a fever. They were convinced it was not Covid (my sister had a mild case early in the pandemic). They headed home, but the following week my DDs were sick and tested positive, then I got sick, it was Covid and today my DH tested positive too. Bummer. Doc put my older DD and myself on Paxlovid, which my husband can’t take because of heart issues. So he is on Molnupiravir. Our cases so far haven’t been bad, but even mild cases are not fun. My younger DD is toughing it out. 

Oh dear 😔 I am so sorry to hear that you and your family have been hit with covid.  😢. I hope you can get through it quickly and on the road to recovery FAST 🙏🏻 

11 hours ago, St. Louis Sal said:

To top off such fun times, we had bad storms come through overnight which took out our electric. Unfortunately, I was in my adjustable bed and the battery did not work, so there I was at 5 in the morning stuck in the bed. (Fortunately there are no videos.) DH could not get me out (did I mention he is in a walking cast for his torn ligament?) so it was a call to the paramedics to come rescue me. They were quite busy, there were extensive power outages all around us. We finally got electric back on around 3 in the afternoon. 

Yikes!  You’re right - never a dull moment.  OMG.

• Like 3