Infinity Sails Again June 25th

cruising sister

2 hours ago, MrCoachRentz said:

We were on the Milli in April and had Aqua.  The first night the wait for dinner was over 2 hours.  It was better after that (anytime dining).  We just went ahead and booked the 6pm dinner.  We have been mostly Carnival cruisers so Celebrity, even old Celebrity, is a huge step up for us lol!

So you need to make reservations for Blu now? Is this new, Blu has always been open seating.

17 minutes ago, MrCoachRentz said:

You have the option to make reservations, yes.

Hi,

I am booked on the Celebrity Infinity in an AquaClass stateroom for the cruise departing on September 3, 2022. I don't see an option to make reservations for Blu on the Celebrity website, but this hopefully will become available closer to my cruise.

Chuck 

19 hours ago, ricflyer said:

@cruising sister Thanks for all the information!! I leave tomorrow for FLL and will be getting on after you get off. I am in Aqua so hoping no long lines at Blu but its a vacation so I will be chilling!!

Be sure to say Hi! I'm in aqua also and it would be cool to meet someone from the board.#1135

• Like 1

Thanks to all that have blogged, great info. Has anyone been in a suite and will share their experience? We are booked Oct 1 - 8th in a celebrity suite but have not been in the Infinity before (on Apex and Millie). Any thoughts would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, JDPCruisers said:

Thanks to all that have blogged, great info. Has anyone been in a suite and will share their experience? We are booked Oct 1 - 8th in a celebrity suite but have not been in the Infinity before (on Apex and Millie). Any thoughts would be appreciated.

We have been in a sky suite. The only dedicated area for suite guests on the Infinity is Michaels club and Luminae. The food in Luminae is quite good and we have enjoyed afternoon tea in Michaels club. The retreat concierge’s Connie and Rolando are great as well as the Retreat manager Alexandra. They have had to trouble shoot quite a bit in this first cruise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruising sister said:

We have been in a sky suite. The only dedicated area for suite guests on the Infinity is Michaels club and Luminae. The food in Luminae is quite good and we have enjoyed afternoon tea in Michaels club. The retreat concierge’s Connie and Rolando are great as well as the Retreat manager Alexandra. They have had to trouble shoot quite a bit in this first cruise. 

If it's Connie from Greece tell her Abby (from Abby & Beth) say hello if you can.  Thanks.

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences and I like your positive attitude.

We could not resist to book her for the holiday cruise this year, though she is not our favorite ship, sailed on her once in 2019.

I was wondering if Tuscan Grill is still there?  It shows on the deckplan, but does not appear in my cruise planner to book.

Thx

Matt

On 6/30/2022 at 10:01 AM, cruising sister said:

Today was Puerto Plata DR. The cruise port was built by Carnival. It is 25 acres of shops, pool area, small  and went back to the cool of the ship. 

I might be wrong but I don't think Carnival built the port.  Their port is Amber Cove in DR.

4 minutes ago, Alabaster Cruiser said:

I might be wrong but I don't think Carnival built the port.  Their port is Amber Cove in DR.

My bad, you are right this was Taino Cove. Either way not much to do. Big construction going on so it may get better. 

We are Elite plus and wondering if there will be any special activities as the week progresses.  Our balcony cabin is wheelchair accessible but in a central location.  Curious about the main dining room food and service...and the cleanliness of the cabins and ship.  

On 6/30/2022 at 8:44 AM, travelwide said:

The streets outside the port area are not dangerous. We walked to the church square and the umbrella street. Quite a few ship guests did the same thing. On our second visit took a 2 hour taxi tour. The local police are very vigilant. They don't want any bad press.

Nice to hear there is a vigilant police force. Probably safer than New York, Chicago, Seattle & Los Angles just to name a Citys most of us know about. 

• Like 1

To Abby and Beth Connie says hi.

We did self assist disembarkation this morning. The total time was 30 minutes. I am worried that if they don’t get more port agents the line will be a lot longer as the morning progresses. There was only 3 agents checking passports. 

As I wait for my plane I have time to reflect on the last week. The crew were hard working and friendly. Unless they fix the AC there will continue be unhappy customers. I think it is reasonable to expect working AC in your cabin. For the price you pay for a suite even the bottom suites you should not have to have a box fan and an orange extension cord to keep your rooms temp tolerable. We ended up in Michaels lounge a lot to keep cool. This was my first Retreat experience. 

I am glad I went and and I enjoyed time with my sister. Jury is still out if I will sail on the Infinity anytime soon. I have the Equinox in September as my first solo so I will have a comparison of a partial renovated Retreat.  Happy and safe sailing to all. 

• Thanks 5

On 6/30/2022 at 6:07 PM, seacruise9 said:

Hi,

I am booked on the Celebrity Infinity in an AquaClass stateroom for the cruise departing on September 3, 2022. I don't see an option to make reservations for Blu on the Celebrity website, but this hopefully will become available closer to my cruise.

Chuck 

Don't be surprised if you don't find an option to make reservations for Blu.  They have never in the past accepted reservations.  If they are now then it will be years for Celebrity IT to catch up.   I'd check once you get onboard.  I suspect if they were taking reservations in Blu it was an attempt to alleviate a situation on a particular sailing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruising sister said:

To Abby and Beth Connie says hi.

We did self assist disembarkation this morning. The total time was 30 minutes. I am worried that if they don’t get more port agents the line will be a lot longer as the morning progresses. There was only 3 agents checking passports. 

As I wait for my plane I have time to reflect on the last week. The crew were hard working and friendly. Unless they fix the AC there will continue be unhappy customers. I think it is reasonable to expect working AC in your cabin. For the price you pay for a suite even the bottom suites you should not have to have a box fan and an orange extension cord to keep your rooms temp tolerable. We ended up in Michaels lounge a lot to keep cool. This was my first Retreat experience. 

I am glad I went and and I enjoyed time with my sister. Jury is still out if I will sail on the Infinity anytime soon. I have the Equinox in September as my first solo so I will have a comparison of a partial renovated Retreat.  Happy and safe sailing to all. 

Thank you for the great report. Where did you line up and what deck did you disembark from?