Docs Needed for Online Check-In?

Check-in for our August cruise on Harmony begins Thursday.  Please remind me of what I need - Passport, Vax card, what else?  I think photos can be added later(?)  Also, do I need to stay up until midnight or will I get a reasonable check-in time if I wait until 7:00 am?  I prefer my PC to the phone app. - will that be OK?

You will need passport, proof of vaccination, credit card info, and check-in info for your sea pass filled out on-line before you get to terminal (takes a bit longer if you don't do that beforehand). You are allowed 2 bottles (750ml) of wine per room to enjoy in your room.

We don't stay up past midnight to sign in early; I just book my time whenever I get up that morning and usually get a morning time slot but it's up to you.

Yes, I use my PC as well!

Happy cruising!! Cheers!!

Edited by SilkySal
add
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

You will need passport, proof of vaccination, credit card info, and check-in info for your sea pass filled out on-line before you get to terminal (takes a bit longer if you don't do that beforehand). You are allowed 2 bottles (750ml) of wine per room to enjoy in your room.

We don't stay up past midnight to sign in early; I just book my time whenever I get up that morning and usually get a morning time slot but it's up to you.

Yes, I use my PC as well!

Happy cruising!! Cheers!!

Thank you!

Just now, ZoeyVictoria said:

I have a “cheat sheet” with photos of our passports and phone numbers for our contacts.  It really speeds up the check in process for me, and doesn’t require removing passports from the safe storage location.

Great idea!

If you use the app you can just grab your arrival time and do the rest later. You can also scan your passport instead of typing it in.

The big caveat of course is that the app has to actually be working. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, handbellplayer said:

Check-in for our August cruise on Harmony begins Thursday.  Please remind me of what I need - Passport, Vax card, what else?  I think photos can be added later(?)  Also, do I need to stay up until midnight or will I get a reasonable check-in time if I wait until 7:00 am?  I prefer my PC to the phone app. - will that be OK?

Print out a hard copy of your negative covid test taken 2 days prior to your cruise to take with you to the terminal...but I'm sure you know that.

We check in on our desktop not on the app. No need to download anything. Pics of our vac card and pics for our SeaPass are taken at the terminal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, handbellplayer said:

No problem using your PC at all.  You also don't need to stay up late to do it.  Just do it first thing when you get up and you will be fine.

• Like 1

Question about "when" Check-in opens.  After reading some posts - it seems that the actual time that Check-in opens is midnight EST (9pm PST for me).  Is this correct?

The app keeps changing dates - one minute it says August 18th and then next time, says August 19th. It has been doing this for awhile now. Is this because it is midnight EST on the 18th and then 12:01 am on the 19th? That is the only thing I can think of - why it keeps changing?  Or is it a typical Royal screw-up and it "could be" either on the night of August 18th or 19th, and nobody knows for sure...🤪 

I want my DH to help me scan/download/fill out all the info so want to know the time of when it opens.  If it is during the day - want to make sure he is not working at that time, so he is available to help.  If the check-in does actually open at night, that is ok.  I am concerned about getting an early boarding time secured.

So, if I am understanding this correctly - if you do it on the App - you have to download passport and vax docs.  If you do it on your laptop/desktop - someone said you do not put the vax docs on and show at the pier - that doesn't make sense as I read that they have to be approved ahead of time?  Also - don't you need to do on computer to be able to print out the luggage tags?  I know you can get them at the pier - but don't want to waste time with that.

Also, people have said that you can just grab an arrival time on the App and then do the rest later.  Are you able to do that on the App and then, fill out the info on the computer afterwards?  Will the time you grabbed on the App - register on the computer check-in after? Just want to be prepared for this in advance so we are ready to check-in right away.

Sorry for all the questions but just trying to figure out the best way.

Thanks,

Canuck

On 7/4/2022 at 10:44 AM, handbellplayer said:

With the app, you simply scan the barcode on your passport page and it's done.  That is enough for me to choose the app over the laptop.

• Like 1

Step 1 Guest Info

You'll need to provide your personal information such as address, Crown & Anchor membership number, passport information, emergency contact, travel details, negative Covid19 Test and CDC card.  You can also get an arrival window for the cruise port.  

Here you can upload a security photo.  This is a headshot, facing straight ahead with light, plain colored background, like a passport photo

Step 2 Expense Account

You'll need to set up an onboard expense account.  

You can allow others in different staterooms such as teenage children to be on your expense account.

Step 3 Contract
This explains the rights of Royal Caribbean, your rights as a passenger, what refunds you may receive based on dates, etc.  RCI can change whatever they need to change including port stops, durations.

Step 4 Set Sail Pass

The Set Sail Pass is essentially your ticket to board the ship. This is the document can print and take with you along with your passport, negative Covid19 test and CDC card to the cruise terminal to board the ship.

You can also sign waivers online - this is helpful if you have kids who want to ice skate, rock climb, bungee jump, swim with the sharks etc.  Open skating times can have long lines with people who need to sign their waivers. 

You can also print off your luggage tags and make copies so that you have enough for each of your bags.  Keep your Set Sail Pass, CDC card, Covid Test, your receipts, and the rest of your travel documents together in some sort of folder.  

Happy Cruising!🛳️

41 minutes ago, CanuckCruizer said:

If the check-in does actually open at night, that is ok.  I am concerned about getting an early boarding time secured.

Check should open at midnight 45 days out when, if the app is working properly, you can just grab your arrival times & worry about the rest later.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Check should open at midnight 45 days out when, if the app is working properly, you can just grab your arrival times & worry about the rest later.

FWIW, my next cruise opened today - but actually was up about 9 pm last evening.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Thanks for letting me know, it is, in fact, at night.

Canuck

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CanuckCruizer said:

Thanks for letting me know, it is, in fact, at night.

Canuck

No problem, just notice I used the words "should" and mentioned the app working properly b/c nothing is guaranteed when it comes to Royal IT.

On 7/8/2022 at 2:51 PM, OCSC Mike said:

So, are you saying the first thing it does is let me pick a time, then it allows me to save so I can do the paperwork stuff at a later date?   Also, do I have to put in my return flight information - or can I leave that blank.   We may be sticking around in FL after the cruise.

4 minutes ago, BobNoxious said:

So, are you saying the first thing it does is let me pick a time, then it allows me to save so I can do the paperwork stuff at a later date? 

It's not the first thing, but, yes, you can just pick a time and input the rest of the info later - no flight info needed.

5 minutes ago, flamingos said:

And my next check-in is supposed to be tomorrow, but it's live now, at 7 pm.

Flamingos - so 7pm EST, the day before....strange.  My check-in is not until August but they keep changing the date on the app.

Thanks for the info,

Canuck