Water Packages

We are sailing on Mariner in October and wanted to order water ahead of the cruise. I really dislike the cans of water. Has anyone ordered water and gotten bottles instead of the cans? If so, did you have to request them somehow?

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Most bottled spring water isn't from a spring to start with.

Correct. The only spring in the process is the spring in the valve they open to filter tap water. 

• Like 2

I really don't care if it's spring or tap. I have no problem drinking the ship's water. I just prefer bottles because you can reseal the top and they are easier to carry around and dispose of when finished.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mabel the Great..Dane said:

We ordered 24 cans on the Odyssey in March and received 9 large glass bottles, which was actually less total ounces than the 24 cans.  They would not have been very convenient to carry. 

Well, that's strange.

19 minutes ago, island lady said:

I wanted to order a case of water for the cabin for our upcoming Wonder cruise out of Barcelona.  The description clearly states cans of water.   Pass....

We were on Vision in June and they served cans of water which I agree was odd. I like to put liquid IV into my water at least once a day and the cans made it impossible to do. This was at the bar so not sure how the cases would look but I did hear that it was cans in room delivery too (word of mouth only). 

When I was on Adventure in January they had cans, which was so inconvenient!  And of course, the water itself tasted terrible.  No bottles anywhere on the ship.  

So when I went on Wonder in March, I brought 12 bottles onboard and discovered they had bottles on the ship instead of cans!  

Was on Enchantment in April, and they advertised a water package that had cans.  So I again brought my own bottles, and again found that they had cans.

I usually bring drink drops with me, so if they used aluminum bottles like celebrity, the drops would cover the aluminum taste, but the cans need to be drank all at once, you can't just carry one around with you. Not to mention that I thought it was insulting that I could only get 1 12 oz can for my Diamond Plus coupons, which have a value of up to $13 each!  In the past, they've given me 2 16 oz bottles for 1 coupon.

Hoping they received enough negative feedback about the cans - the crew members said they won't purchase the cans from their ship's store, as they don't like them either - that they either go back to plastic bottles, or use aluminum bottles like celebrity.

We did a 3 day on the Independence in November and it was plastic bottles.  

In January on the Odyssey it was aluminum cans. I thought the taste was fine. But not super convenient unless you were pouring into your own container. When I used a diamond "punch" in the Music Hall one night he just gave me 2 cans and waved my sea pass away. 

In early June on the Harmony it was back to plastic bottles.

Also, saw the posts about the "new/changed" drink cups. When we were on the Independence in  November it was blue thinner plastic cups that had white swirled lines on them and came with plastic straws. They were not really insulated but seemed nicer than the orange and blue ones that have been cropping up in pictures.

But the last 2 cruises in January and June were the double-walled "nicer" type cups with the Coke logo.

On 7/4/2022 at 2:23 PM, njmelis24 said:

We were on Vision in June and they served cans of water which I agree was odd. I like to put liquid IV into my water at least once a day and the cans made it impossible to do. This was at the bar so not sure how the cases would look but I did hear that it was cans in room delivery too (word of mouth only). 

Agree.   Biggest thing is that you can't reseal the cans.  I like dragging a bottle of water with me on shore excursions, able to stuff in bag and sip during the day.  Plus don't like the taste of "can" with water...or beer for that matter.  😉 

• Like 1

No matter what they have on Enchantment in Oct, I will bring my insulated container that I bring with me to work or some kind of Naglene bottle.  They make smaller ones that are not the size of a gallon jug

I've been on 4 cruises this year.  In February on Navigator it was cans.  In March on Symphony it was bottles, in May on Navigator it was bottles, in June on Odyssey it was cans.  So it's whatever they happen to have based on current supply chain.  Like others, we bring our own water bottle and just pour from the can/bottle into our own bottle.