You cannot choose your cabin with select fare.

Only tried Cruise B223, but it says cabin will be allocated prior to sailing.

Also the following pop-up appears before you can checkout.

Here's some important information about your holiday.

** IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR HOLIDAY **

Please be aware of the following: We are unable to accept guests who, within 14 days prior to the cruise, have been unwell with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 or have been in close contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19, or require supplementary oxygen (including via oxygen concentrator), mechanical ventilatory support (except for overnight CPAP for sleep apnoea) and dialysis. All UK guests must have comprehensive cruise specific travel insurance which includes medical cover of 2 million GBP minimum and cover for emergency evacuations and medical expenses for COVID-19. Cover must also include repatriation, cancellation and curtailment and full cover for pre-existing medical conditions in the countries you are due to visit. You will need to provide proof of your insurance at the terminal, otherwise you will be denied boarding at your own expense. Three days before sailing you will need to complete an online Health Declaration at my.pocruises.com. Once on board, everyone will need to adhere to the most up-to-date protocols, please refer to www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence for the latest information.

** ESSENTIAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR HOLIDAY **

Rest assured, we will carry on adapting our protocols to best protect everyone onboard and in the beautiful places we visit. We will send you details of these protocols, from vaccine and testing policies, to entry requirements, closer to your departure date. In the meantime, you can go to www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence to see the existing requirements before departure. Here, you will also find details of the comprehensive cruise-specific travel insurance requirements for all guests.

I've read and acknowledge this notice.
CONTINUE

54 minutes ago, Trevor Fountain said:

Only tried Cruise B223, but it says cabin will be allocated prior to sailing.

Also the following pop-up appears before you can checkout.

Here's some important information about your holiday.

** IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR HOLIDAY **

Please be aware of the following: We are unable to accept guests who, within 14 days prior to the cruise, have been unwell with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 or have been in close contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19, or require supplementary oxygen (including via oxygen concentrator), mechanical ventilatory support (except for overnight CPAP for sleep apnoea) and dialysis. All UK guests must have comprehensive cruise specific travel insurance which includes medical cover of 2 million GBP minimum and cover for emergency evacuations and medical expenses for COVID-19. Cover must also include repatriation, cancellation and curtailment and full cover for pre-existing medical conditions in the countries you are due to visit. You will need to provide proof of your insurance at the terminal, otherwise you will be denied boarding at your own expense. Three days before sailing you will need to complete an online Health Declaration at my.pocruises.com. Once on board, everyone will need to adhere to the most up-to-date protocols, please refer to www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence for the latest information.

** ESSENTIAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR HOLIDAY **

Rest assured, we will carry on adapting our protocols to best protect everyone onboard and in the beautiful places we visit. We will send you details of these protocols, from vaccine and testing policies, to entry requirements, closer to your departure date. In the meantime, you can go to www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence to see the existing requirements before departure. Here, you will also find details of the comprehensive cruise-specific travel insurance requirements for all guests.

I've read and acknowledge this notice.
CONTINUE

You should be able to choose your cabin, but you need to search for the choose cabin button, which then takes you through a selection process for the location and then offers you a selection of available cabins, or it may pre select one for you, then you need to change it to a preferred one if you have one. Its very fiddly and time consuming, can lead to errors which you then need to correct.

Which is one of the reasons I use a good online TA who does all this work for you.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

You should be able to choose your cabin, but you need to search for the choose cabin button, which then takes you through a selection process for the location and then offers you a selection of available cabins, or it may pre select one for you, then you need to change it to a preferred one if you have one. Its very fiddly and time consuming, can lead to errors which you then need to correct.

Which is one of the reasons I use a good online TA who does all this work for you.

Nope. The button you speak of has been removed. 

I’ve just tried that cruise - you can choose a cabin - you have to click choose cabin then it says ‘we’ll choose for you’ or ‘I want to choose my cabin’ and you can choose.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

I’ve just tried that cruise - you can choose a cabin - you have to click choose cabin then it says ‘we’ll choose for you’ or ‘I want to choose my cabin’ and you can choose.

Yes, I can as well now. It must have been a blip when I first tried.

• Like 1

In most cases on select fare you can choose your cabin but on a couple of occasions when I have booked select fare the option to choose your own cabin number is not available so it can happen but not very often.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, janny444 said:

In most cases on select fare you can choose your cabin but on a couple of occasions when I have booked select fare the option to choose your own cabin number is not available so it can happen but not very often.

Mostly it seems to be with the obstructed balconies on Britannia I’ve found.

Why are you  trying to book this cruise, I thought you are already going on it.

I got that message on my booking form about Covid, insurance and the oxygen over a year ago when I booked.

2 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

Why pay a select fare if you can't  select

99% of the time we have been able to choose cabin but we also choose select fare for the coach transfer and choice of dining time

4 hours ago, emam said:

Why are you  trying to book this cruise, I thought you are already going on it.

I got that message on my booking form about Covid, insurance and the oxygen over a year ago when I booked.

I'm not trying to book it, I am looking to see if previously available cabins near mine have been booked. 

They haven't.

5 minutes ago, Trevor Fountain said:

I'm not trying to book it, I am looking to see if previously available cabins near mine have been booked. 

They haven't.

Yes, I must admit when you were talking about the price the other day, I did check myself. The cabins either side of us are empty then one taken then empty again.  If some next to yours are also not taken hopefully the cruise won't be full.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, emam said:

Yes, I must admit when you were talking about the price the other day, I did check myself. The cabins either side of us are empty then one taken then empty again.  If some next to yours are also not taken hopefully the cruise won't be full.

That's what I am hoping.

11 hours ago, janny444 said:

Personally I have never had a problem selecting our cabin except for the seacation cruises. Sometimes on line it looks like P&O will not let you select your cabin but a little patience is needed.

On the seacation cruises last year you could only pick a grade but these were only operating at 50% occupancy and we got our cabin number a month before the cruise.

44 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Personally I have never had a problem selecting our cabin except for the seacation cruises. Sometimes on line it looks like P&O will not let you select your cabin but a little patience is needed.

On the seacation cruises last year you could only pick a grade but these were only operating at 50% occupancy and we got our cabin number a month before the cruise.

It happened pre covid and just a couple of times....there was no way to select a cabin....it made it clear  cabin selection guaranteed basis....I queried in with P&O & TA at the time but that was the booking condition....guaranteed cabin but could still select dining and have the coach transfer to the port. I honestly can't remember when cabin number was allocated  but it was before we embarked. Never did fathom the reason why 

Edited by janny444
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, janny444 said:

It happened pre covid and just a couple of times....there was no way to select a cabin....it made it clear  cabin selection guaranteed basis....I queried in with P&O & TA at the time but that was the booking condition....guaranteed cabin but could still select dining and have the coach transfer to the port. I honestly can't remember when cabin number was allocated  but it was before we embarked. Never did fathom the reason why 

It happened to us aug 2019 on oceana from malta. Had obc, could picking dining time but not cabin said cabin would be allocated. Ended up under the pool area with loungers being moved early morning.

2 hours ago, Journerman55 said:

Hi, we have booked our first cruise on the Iona for next year using this system, I know room not allocated but on the paperwork it says deck GT then 4 letters GUAR, I’ve tried P&O to no avail

This means a guaranteed cabin of the grade you have paid for.

Despite some concerns,  we have booked a Britannia cruise for next year (too many bad  reviews about Azura, so moved our booking).

Select fare  - our TA asked what cabin we wanted -plenty of choice.  Plus, an amazing £760 obc, plus free car parking. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wowzz said:

Despite some concerns,  we have booked a Britannia cruise for next year (too many bad  reviews about Azura, so moved our booking).

Select fare  - our TA asked what cabin we wanted -plenty of choice.  Plus, an amazing £760 obc, plus free car parking. 

Nice one, and you shouldn't need the drinks package with that much OBC😉

I have just moved my repo cruise Tenerife to Malta on Azura March 2024 to Barbados to Southampton on Arvia March 2024.

I booked select fare both times and both times I have known my cabin number. The cabin I had on Azura was deluxe balcony which I know is currently an isolation cabin. 

Michelle

I've been looking at Britannia, Mediterranean July as the timing suits.  If I travel with my OH I get the massive OBC, if I travel alone I get £390 in a double balconyfor single occupancy or £60 for a single balcony.

We like the look of an aft balcony which there are quite a lot of. Any views on which decks are preferable- deck 10 is the only one with no availability.

50 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

You should be able to stock up your spirits cupboard, as well as bring back some perfume for Xmas presents.

It works out at just over £60 per day between us. Bottle of decent wine, beers and cocktails every day, plus some speciality dining, and I don't think we will have much left for prezzies! 

But at least we wont have to worry about our bar bill. 

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 4