Warning if your about to cruise on Coral.

9 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

With the outbreak reported to have 114 COVID cases among the crew and 4 passengers, it is likely some of the crew contracted the virus during the previous cruise. This doesn't mean that passengers lied when reporting their RAT test or that they were all Queenslanders. 😁

As has been reported, a RAT test doesn't show a negative result unless the person has a fairly viral load. It is possible, or even likely, that a few people could have boarded the previous cruise having contracted the virus very soon before their cruise (maybe even flying into Brisbane for their cruise). If they didn't feel any symptoms, they would have had no reason to report to the medical centre for another RAT test. It is also possible that one or more passengers contracted the virus while ashore during that cruise.

However the virus was contracted, going by the numbers of infections, it was passed between crew members.

It's likely there are more passengers with the virus, people who are either asymptomatic, or nearly so, and also some who don''t feel very sick and who selfishly don't report to the medical centre.

I knew you would challenge my statement. The cruise started in Brisvegas so most pax were pineappleheads, lol.

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

I knew you would challenge my statement. The cruise started in Brisvegas so most pax were pineappleheads, lol.

On the 26th June cruise, the majority of passengers were from Queensland, but there were also a very large number from interstate. Out of the CC members on board, there were probably more from interstate (although I didn't do an exact count).

We also don't know if a passenger lied on their RAT test or if the virus was taken on board by someone who was asymptomatic, or just newly infected, or who contracted it ashore during a port visit. It isn't much help to state opinions as fact.🙂

• Like 8

1 hour ago, woodscruise said:

Jim Wilson on 2GB has been referring to the coral princess possibly another ruby princess case. Even had a passenger sister called in and said over 140 people with Covid.

Michel  , the princess fraternity seems a bit more neurotic than usual tonight.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

On the 26th June cruise, the majority of passengers were from Queensland, but there were also a very large number from interstate. Out of the CC members on board, there were probably more from interstate (although I didn't do an exact count).

We also don't know if a passenger lied on their RAT test or if the virus was taken on board by someone who was asymptomatic, or just newly infected, or who contracted it ashore during a port visit. It isn't much help to state opinions as fact.🙂

We were interstate in the group! We tested day before we even flew to Brisbane on 13 June. Then retested 24hrs before boarding, tested as soon as we got home and also the 3 day slot all as protocols. We’ve been fine whole time and loved the 17 days we were onboard.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

I did not go down there due to my accident, sore back, but around here ok, overcast, light showers, 3 metre seas, would be much the same down there.

Hi Les, so sorry to hear your back is bad, sending good thoughts  and best wishes for a speedy recovery, we are watching all the ship discussions, and hoping things will settle for our cruise next month... we are quad vaxxed, so hoping for the best....cheers...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

What baloney is Princess feeding the media? 

That itinerary only started on Sunday so 4 passengers is probably about right if reported earlier today. The numbers may grow as the cruise progresses, as you'd expect. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NSWP said:

Bus tour around Eden, Pambula and Merimbula, whale watch boat. Otherwise pax can walk around the harbour or up the hill into the town, visit the pub or Coles, lol, not a lot else.

The pub was very popular at lunch time for a couple of friends who enjoyed their day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

What baloney is Princess feeding the media? 

Princess didn't feed the media at all, NSW & QLD governments have reported the numbers that Princess were obliged to provide them prior to entering port.

4 passengers isn't a silly number, considering most of them only boarded 2 days ago after taking a negative RAT on Saturday. As with most of the earlier cruises, it will likely be between 10 & 20 by the end of the cruise.

• Like 4

Someone knows someone currently on board the ship, and they were notified that some of the crew had covid and were in isolation and only 1 cabin on board ship at the moment having someone with covid, ship required masks to be worn in public areas.  The media have sensationalised it again.  Passenger on board said no where near what the media are portraying, and the fact that there were 5000 cases in Queensland and yet they highlight the ship again.  Don't believe everything the news media portray.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

With the outbreak reported to have 114 COVID cases among the crew and 4 passengers, it is likely some of the crew contracted the virus during the previous cruise. This doesn't mean that passengers lied when reporting their RAT test or that they were all Queenslanders. 😁

As has been reported, a RAT test doesn't show a negative result unless the person has a fairly viral load. It is possible, or even likely, that a few people could have boarded the previous cruise having contracted the virus very soon before their cruise (maybe even flying into Brisbane for their cruise). If they didn't feel any symptoms, they would have had no reason to report to the medical centre for another RAT test. It is also possible that one or more passengers contracted the virus while ashore during that cruise.

However the virus was contracted, going by the numbers of infections, it was passed between crew members.

It's likely there are more passengers with the virus, people who are either asymptomatic, or nearly so, and also some who don''t feel very sick and who selfishly don't report to the medical centre.

One other possibility. A crew member(s) could have bought it back onboard after being ashore buying their essential chocolates and noodles. This time around, Australia infected the cruise ship, a total opposite of 2020.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Princess didn't feed the media at all, NSW & QLD governments have reported the numbers that Princess were obliged to provide them prior to entering port.

4 passengers isn't a silly number, considering most of them only boarded 2 days ago after taking a negative RAT on Saturday. As with most of the earlier cruises, it will likely be between 10 & 20 by the end of the cruise.

Yes 24 positive passengers disembarked on Sunday prior to current cruise.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, brin282 said:

I pulled of the coral pricne 22 August.  Not take any risks as heard that going to cancell all of Coral curies from August.

Heard where ??  2GB ?   Sunrise ??   Curies ??!!!  

I'm booked on the 3 days from Brisbane to Sydney - 19 August.   Getting 4th booster today........ 

incredible that everyone is going OTT on the cruises from Brisbane - yet tonight there will be over 50,000 in the Covid Cauldron watching State of Origin.  

Edited by shireboi
  • Like 6
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, shireboi said:

I'm booked on the 3 days from Brisbane to Sydney - 19 August.   Getting 4th booster today........ 

incredible that everyone is going OTT on the cruises from Brisbane - yet tonight there will be over 50,000 in the Covid Cauldron watching State of Origin.  

image.gif.f952610b8827a8e5ac635e20f3b76ac1.gif

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, brin282 said:

I pulled of the coral pricne 22 August.  Not take any risks as heard that going to cancell all of Coral curies from August.

To each their own, and a choice you can make. 22nd August was a changed itinerary anyway.

Don't believe all you hear though. There is nothing from Princess or the state authorities to even hint there will be any cancellations or even tighter restrictions. Sure, they may still shorten or modify ports, and adhere to elevated protocols, but they are not about to be told to park the ship.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, shireboi said:

Heard where ??  2GB ?   Sunrise ??   

Correct, true, and plenty will catch covid at the ground.

The difference is though that nobody will test positive at the game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shireboi said:

The players should wear masks.

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, shireboi said:

Good idea to check how many posts the person has made.