Captains Club Drink vouchers

Can I opt to pay for coffee and beer and save my vouchers for drinks in the evening or must you use your vouchers first?  Also, if a drink costs more than $13 can you just pay the difference and the extra tip or must you pay the whole thing.  I am craving martinis (particularly Midori Martinis) and I don't know if they make them and how much they would cost.  Thanks for your help.

31 minutes ago, cruiserqueen75 said:

Can I opt to pay for coffee and beer and save my vouchers for drinks in the evening or must you use your vouchers first?  Also, if a drink costs more than $13 can you just pay the difference and the extra tip or must you pay the whole thing.  I am craving martinis (particularly Midori Martinis) and I don't know if they make them and how much they would cost.  Thanks for your help.

Any martini I have had has been covered by my vouchers.

They'll  charge your vouchers by default but you certainly can ask them to charge it directly and save the voucher.

I've had the opposite, ordering a bottle of water at the end of the night and the bartender confirmed that I actually wanted to use a voucher for water (which I appreciated, actually)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I've had the opposite, ordering a bottle of water at the end of the night and the bartender confirmed that I actually wanted to use a voucher for water (which I appreciated, actually)

Make sure that you get those waters before midnight as they could then count against the next days drinks if you order after midnight.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 7/17/2022 at 3:27 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Make sure that you get those waters before midnight as they could then count against the next days drinks if you order after midnight.

If you use 5 vouchers you can get a bottle of wine! 

However was using my vouchers last night and the barman took them out of today’s allowances despite 6 people around the bar all confirming on their watches it was before midnight…. His till said a different time. So always check the time with the barman if you are approaching witching hour! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, little britain said:

If you use 5 vouchers you can get a bottle of wine! 

More details please.

I ordered a bottle and $13 was credited against the bottle price.  I didn't realize and had never read on CC that this was possible.  Are you saying if you tell them to, they will use as many vouchers as you have against the bottle price?

8 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

More details please.

I ordered a bottle and $13 was credited against the bottle price.  I didn't realize and had never read on CC that this was possible.  Are you saying if you tell them to, they will use as many vouchers as you have against the bottle price?

Sounds like more of a YMMV situation... perhaps the bartender was willing to ring up 5 transactions of wine by the glass, and just not open the bottle? A 750ml bottle of wine contains 5 servings...

13 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

More details please.

Yes it was our experience, in several bars, that 5 vouchers = 1 bottle if you asked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/19/2022 at 11:48 AM, mslaabs said:

Are you still able to get a bottle of water inside the Diamond lounge (without using a voucher) or do you have to now get it from a bar?

Sailed solo as Emerald Nov. 3 on Radiance OTS and was given 3 (free) bottles of water in the cabin. Sailing Dec. 17th as Diamond (!!) and hope to get the same perk.