Double C&A points - any problems?

We just got back from a 7-day cruise with a 7 day pre-cruise tour. Only received 14 points, so I asked for a review and correction. If the tour doesn't warrant double points (and I'm pretty sure that it doesn't), at the minimum we should get 21 points.

33 minutes ago, Sharkb8 said:

We just got back from a 7-day cruise with a 7 day pre-cruise tour. Only received 14 points, so I asked for a review and correction. If the tour doesn't warrant double points (and I'm pretty sure that it doesn't), at the minimum we should get 21 points.

Just out of curiosity, why? Seven doubled is 14.  🙂

17 minutes ago, flamingos said:

Just out of curiosity, why? Seven doubled is 14.  🙂

Well, unless they've changed their point structure, we also get 7 points for the land portion. So Seven doubled is 14 plus 7 non-doubled is 21. I'm positive that we got land points back in the 'old' days. We did our own land tour the last time, so only got cruise points.

Edited by Sharkb8

3 minutes ago, Sharkb8 said:

Well, unless they've changed their point structure, we also get 7 points for the land portion. So Seven doubled is 14 plus 7 non-doubled is 21. Yeah?

If that is what they have been doing, that works, so thank you!

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

How do you get double points?

How many points do you get for sailing solo on a four day cruise?

There was a promo last year which provided them. 
You should get 8 points. - yes, the cabin type matters. 

Biker, who is surprised the C&A points police have not provided feedback in some of the points threads. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

How do you know you’ll get double points on a sailing which hasn’t happened?

Booked our cruise in November 2021, cruising in October 2022. See below.

Suite 2 points doubles to 4 points. 18 night cruise a cool 72 points.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/faq/questions/what-is-the-double-points-offer

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/02/16/royal-caribbean-brings-back-double-points-promotion-australians

Edited by SuitesRbest
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2022 at 1:33 PM, ramja96 said:

I'm just curious - it's been some time since the Double C&A points event ended (last Sept. if I remember correctly) and I'm wondering if anyone has experienced any problems getting the proper C&A points for RECENT sailings booked during the double points special.  We're sailing in 61 days (but who's counting? I know .... we ALL are😁) and I'm hoping RC hasn't "forgotten" their offer.

Funny thing is for yrs Traveling SOLO 3/4 time I'd have remind them post Cruise for my regular Double Points. Last 4 Cruises no issues getting my Double-Double Points 4 Points a nite as they came automatically after end of Cruise

1 hour ago, SuitesRbest said:

Booked our cruise in November 2021, cruising in October 2022. See below.

Suite 2 points doubles to 4 points. 18 night cruise a cool 72 points.

Right, that was a very narrow windowed perk for Aussie bookings only.

Also, I think the poster was referring to folks who have gotten double points  (by mistake) booking after the general double point promo ended.

On 7/19/2022 at 1:33 PM, ramja96 said:

I'm hoping RC hasn't "forgotten" their offer.

I'm hoping they don't forget the promise to award double points if you have a 2022 cruise booked with FCC from a cancelled (by RC) cruise booked originally in the promo booking period, even though the new booking was outside the promo period.

Edited by publicpersona

I was just looking at my points yesterday because I knew Royal didn’t add at least one of the extra points for a no show. Turns out it was 3 cruises they missed for a no show. Also, the points that show at the top right on the login page don’t even add up to the points Royal shows for each cruise taken. I now have 53 points more than they show and I checked it over 3 times. 

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I was just looking at my points yesterday because I knew Royal didn’t add at least one of the extra points for a no show. Turns out it was 3 cruises they missed for a no show. Also, the points that show at the top right on the login page don’t even add up to the points Royal shows for each cruise taken. I now have 53 points more than they show and I checked it over 3 times. 

Pre-conversion C&A points are different than post-conversion C&A points.

Pre-conversion = 1 to 3 points per cruise.

Post-conversion = 1 to 3 points per day (x 2 for double points promo)

I had issues, even before it could be forgotten.  This cruise was last October.  It took me a long time to put 2 and 2 together, and I just realized a few months ago that it should have received double points.  Everyone in my travel group got their double points, but I did not.  However, I emailed them my issue and they corrected my points, so this is just to say, check to make sure you get the double points, and if not, it's not too bad to get corrected.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If they did it was a mistake and they are probably keeping quiet

Had 7 day Harmony in June I am dead certain we booked last Christmas.  Got 14 points for some reason.  Not that it will ever matter.  D+ already and can't imagine cruising enough to get Pinnacle.

11 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Had 7 day Harmony in June I am dead certain we booked last Christmas.  Got 14 points for some reason.  Not that it will ever matter.  D+ already and can't imagine cruising enough to get Pinnacle.

I'd love it if that were the case.  I have a sailing on Wonder at Christmas that was booked last December.

I didn’t realize I had even booked during it, so was delighted to have gotten them on our April Allure and May Voyager sailings.

Content note; adult joke

also,  before I became a professor, I was a sexuality educator, and I can’t stop cackled at everyone telling me how easily they got their DP. 😂

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Pre-conversion C&A points are different than post-conversion C&A points.

Pre-conversion = 1 to 3 points per cruise.

Post-conversion = 1 to 3 points per day (x 2 for double points promo)

This was after the conversion I believe. My first cruise was in February 2011 and I got 10 points for a 10 day cruise.

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

This was after the conversion I believe. My first cruise was in February 2011 and I got 10 points for a 10 day cruise.

Has your spouse cruised Royal more than you?

IIRC, for linked accounts, it shows the highest total, not your actual total.

Edited by Another_Critic

On 7/25/2022 at 1:41 PM, StephPS79 said:

I had issues, even before it could be forgotten.  This cruise was last October.  It took me a long time to put 2 and 2 together, and I just realized a few months ago that it should have received double points.  Everyone in my travel group got their double points, but I did not.  However, I emailed them my issue and they corrected my points, so this is just to say, check to make sure you get the double points, and if not, it's not too bad to get corrected.

Who specifically did you email?  My son and daughter-in-law have been trying to get their double points since the beginning of the year.  They have called over and over and been given different stories each time (today they were told the points had not been awarded because the cruise was complimentary, it was not) but at the end of all the calls they say the points will be awarded, weeks later they are not.  We received our double points for the same cruise with no issue and have one more double points cruise booked for September that should actually give us double, double points since we are in a JS...guess we will see if it happens!

3 hours ago, MandyMooToo said:

Who specifically did you email?  My son and daughter-in-law have been trying to get their double points since the beginning of the year.  They have called over and over and been given different stories each time (today they were told the points had not been awarded because the cruise was complimentary, it was not) but at the end of all the calls they say the points will be awarded, weeks later they are not.  We received our double points for the same cruise with no issue and have one more double points cruise booked for September that should actually give us double, double points since we are in a JS...guess we will see if it happens!

I filled out the “Contact Us” web form on royalcaribbean.com, it took about 2 weeks to get a response, but they said my points would be updated, and the next day they were.

• Like 1