Starbucks coffee now being served at all Cafe Promenade's

I dislike starbucks intensely ... strong, burnt, sour, taste . 

I dont use sugar so it intensifies the awful flavor.

I have had two starbucks coffees , threw them out both times. 😁

But thats just me .🙂

• Like 7

We need to actually see the Cafe Promenade coffee menu to determine exactly which of their coffees will match (or at least be similar) to drinks offered at the Starbucks location. Also, we need to have it confirmed by RCI directly and if this change has any effect on the coffee card they sell.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jalves said:

Hopefully they will offer some other choice.  I drink black coffee and *$ is horrible.

I have a morning Latte, but like black coffee after that.  I become a hot  tea drinker on cruises.  

M

3 hours ago, nelblu said:

Is this on all ships. If so does that mean that Starbucks will be served at the cafe promenade and the stand alone kiosks. 

I'm thinking only for those who have the beverage package.  All others will pay.

Edited by Wineaux007

I like Starbucks as much as I like a gas station coffee that has been cooking on a burner all day.  Same result.  That's for there regular coffee.  I do enjoy there espresso products especially blonde roast.  Actually 1 of my favorite coffee drinks anywhere is a venti iced Americano at Starbucks.  There regular coffee is still crap.  I will also admit I am referring to what you would get if you asked for a reg cup, like light dark or medium roast.  I haven't tried there reserve stuff. 

And this may apply to any coffee, but I find most places make lavazza very weak.  I get excited when I see it and disappointed when drinking. 

On the Anthem they were using Starbucks for their paid premium coffee selections, and in my opinion very good.  As far as the free coffee around the ship I have no idea what they using and to call what they were serving coffee is an insult to coffee.

very happy for this change as we always have the UBP.

6 minutes ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

I’m assuming the coffee cards are one punch for a tall or, for drinks with only one size, that one size. For example, a tall caffe latte or a grande Frappuccino?

No, you can’t assume anything with the coffee card - ask before you buy. The number of punches used vary by ship, date and maybe even barista. 

On 7/29/2022 at 11:06 AM, The Scurvy Pirate said:

"Royal Caribbean has confirmed to TheStreet that the cruise line has brought Starbucks to Cafe Promenade and other premium coffee locations on all of its ships." 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/royal-caribbean-adds-something-passengers-will-love-to-every-ship/ar-AA106iZc

Remember, serving starbucks coffee and being a starbucks are two different things. The gas station down the street from my house "proudly serves starbucks coffee" (i.e., they buy cheapy blended coffees sold by starbucks), but is far from being a starbucks. And for that matter, the greasy cafeteria in my office building "proudly serves starbucks coffee. 

19 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

No, you can’t assume anything with the coffee card - ask before you buy. The number of punches used vary by ship, date and maybe even barista. 

Sure. We are going on Wonder and the menu above shows only four drinks available in tall. None are iced and they literally market that you can get iced drinks. 

Guess I’ll find out soon…

15 minutes ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

None are iced and they literally market that you can get iced drinks. 

What’s available may differ from what is listed on some menu. It would be very unusual for them not to have iced drinks. 

59 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Remember, serving starbucks coffee and being a starbucks are two different things. The gas station down the street from my house "proudly serves starbucks coffee" (i.e., they buy cheapy blended coffees sold by starbucks), but is far from being a starbucks. And for that matter, the greasy cafeteria in my office building "proudly serves starbucks coffee. 

Agree. I have seen plenty of places with signs proclaiming that they proudly serve Starbucks coffee. Nowhere near the same. I suspect that this will be the case in this situation.