Can music be heard in cabin on deck below BB King Blues Club?

C-sea

45 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Why does anyone book a stateroom under any lounge or venue (i.e Lido DecK) that has a potential for producing noise?  

Years ago when I was on the Veendam with my family, we were one deck below 

Lido Deck. Sometimes around 5 or 6 am, I could hear chairs by the pool being 

dragged around. I don't know if crew or passengers did this. On my upcoming 

cruise, there will only be cabins above and below me, so it should be quiet.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Why does anyone book a stateroom under any lounge or venue (i.e Lido DecK) that has a potential for producing noise?  

Sometimes the maps are unclear.  Nieuw Amsterdam, for instance, there is a venue listed as Queen's Lounge and Culinary Arts Center.  You wouldn't know that it becomes BB King's Blues Club at night unless you were told.  Some newer maps now show this to be BB's I guess (I had to download a PDF map directly from HAL), but many more show the Queen's Lounge/Culinary Center.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Don Kehote said:

Sometimes the maps are unclear.  Nieuw Amsterdam, for instance, there is a venue listed as Queen's Lounge and Culinary Arts Center.  You wouldn't know that it becomes BB King's Blues Club at night unless you were told.  Some newer maps now show this to be BB's I guess (I had to download a PDF map directly from HAL), but many more show the Queen's Lounge/Culinary Center.  

You are quite correct.  This is a failure of the cruise line in, probably more than one, department to properly illustrate what the venues on the ships are and for what purpose they are used.  It's a failure on several levels.

1.  No hard copy brochures with deck plans shown that make it easy to see and compare the deck plans.

2.  With the lack of those brochures, lacking is a better description and photos of the facilities and showing how they are used.  On the cruise lines web site, I don't get the "same sense".

3.  A guest's common sense?  A guest's lack of doing the research needed to prevent a stateroom choice that they don't like once aboard?  

4. A guest doing their booking on their own when they really don't know what they are booking.  

5.  A guest doing a DIY booking and dealing with a cruise line representative that has never experienced the product he/she is selling and cannot accurately answer any question, with any certainty, the guest may ask.  

Buying a cruise is not the same as buying an Amtrak ticket.  The disappointed ones learn that to their dismay.  

• Like 1

We were in a Main Floor oceanview not far from under the Queens Lounge on the Nieuw Amsterdam. The bass did reverberate every night until quitting time! Why did we "choose" it? It was chosen for us by the mail-brochure company my husband had found the cruise "deal" from -- A 26-day TA+Mediterrean! In other words, a guarantee. Fortunately I read until midnight and my husband can sleep through anything, so it didn't ruin our vacation.

But I will miss a cruise rather than book a guarantee after that experience!

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 3

What about a cabin directly above the main stage?  Depending on the show, it may be noisy?  Those shows end fairly early, don't they? 

BB King is a bit further down, so hopefully not noise from there.

We don't have a specific room yet, just a cabin class and they are all pretty much above the main stage.   Well, it's still early yet, there's still time for the upgrade fairy to strike, but how concerned should we be?

Edited by Niele da Kine

11 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

You are quite correct.  This is a failure of the cruise line in, probably more than one, department to properly illustrate what the venues on the ships are and for what purpose they are used.  It's a failure on several levels.

1.  No hard copy brochures with deck plans shown that make it easy to see and compare the deck plans.

2.  With the lack of those brochures, lacking is a better description and photos of the facilities and showing how they are used.  On the cruise lines web site, I don't get the "same sense".

3.  A guest's common sense?  A guest's lack of doing the research needed to prevent a stateroom choice that they don't like once aboard?  

4. A guest doing their booking on their own when they really don't know what they are booking.  

5.  A guest doing a DIY booking and dealing with a cruise line representative that has never experienced the product he/she is selling and cannot accurately answer any question, with any certainty, the guest may ask.  

Buying a cruise is not the same as buying an Amtrak ticket.  The disappointed ones learn that to their dismay.  

I always use cabintoolchecker to look at ship's layout for cabin selection.  So far it has been a useful tool and I would recommend it.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Niele da Kine said:

What about a cabin directly above the main stage?  Depending on the show, it may be noisy?  Those shows end fairly early, don't they? 

BB King is a bit further down, so hopefully not noise from there.

We don't have a specific room yet, just a cabin class and they are all pretty much above the main stage.   Well, it's still early yet, there's still time for the upgrade fairy to strike, but how concerned should we be?

Look at the deck plans for your ship.

Interior cabins that are above the stage share a wall with the stage fly area. It is the unmarked area on the deck plans.  Sounds from below will travel up and you will be able to hear them in your cabin.

That means it is not only the shows at night, but also any rehearsals held during the day or any theater event that uses the theater's speaker system.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, C-sea said:

Thanks All! I did change our cabin to Deck 4 Aft

Good choice, I  had  a cabin under  the blues an never ever  again.

Jim.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2022 at 10:52 AM, C-sea said:

We have a hold on a cabin on Nieuw Statendam, directly below blues club, can you hear the club at night in cabin?

Yes, you will hear the club at times. I had an oceanview guarantee cabin on Koningsdam in March, and I was assigned a cabin directly below. The good news is: it is an *extremely* convenient midship location, which I wouldn't hesitate to book again.

I heard music (and muted cheering) on only 3 nights: 2 nights I heard nothing after 10pm; 1 night music was until about 11:30pm. I'm pretty sensitive to noise when sleeping, and the dull thudding of bass was A) not bad enough to keep me awake without earplugs, and B) not audible with earplugs.

I strongly recommend always packing earplugs while traveling, but especially cruising. There are any number of sounds that ships make (rattles, bangs, creaks) aside from the music. For what it's worth, I find the lido chairs scraping above at 5am, is FAR far worse than any club or show music.

• Thanks 1

I ALWAYS select my own room and pull out the HAL deck plans so that I am not near any noisy area.  Been there did that once and never again.  Also, in response to the "why would people book in a noisy area", I think it is often because it didn't even come to mind.  When it happened to us, we were inexperienced and didn't even think about the stateroom locations.  On a recent cruise, we were moved because that particular part of the ship was the covid ward and they moved us right under the BB Kings, but I went right to the desk and said no way and we were moved away from the noise area.  

• Like 1