Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

18 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

Different opinions. It would be a huge draw for families and first time cruisers to have a brand new ship doing that route and so closely to Orlando theme parks. 

It seems almost certain that it will be Utopia doing these sailings since bookings on Allure seem to indicate it is do-able for an Oasis class ship. 

Agree. Putting Oasis Class ships on the 3/4 nighters was clearly the direction Royal was heading once they put Allure on them in PC. Now that Icon Class is debuting, the Oasis Class are going to have to move on to other itineraries as their flagship status gets taken away.

And the smaller ports either can't accommodate the Oasis Class (i.e. Tampa) or the demand is simply not there (i.e. San Juan). 

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

36 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

Different opinions. It would be a huge draw for families and first time cruisers to have a brand new ship doing that route and so closely to Orlando theme parks. 

It seems almost certain that it will be Utopia doing these sailings since bookings on Allure seem to indicate it is do-able for an Oasis class ship. 

A huge draw for Americans sure. But people from anywhere else in the world won't be able to go on the new ship. I've done all 5 Oasis Class (thankfully because all have done a summer in Barcelona) but Utopia won't be an option if she goes to Canaveral. It would make more sense to me to have Oasis and Allure doing the short ones.

I understand the business model of wanting to attract new cruisers with big ships on the short runs though.

Edited by GlasgowCruiser01
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, GlasgowCruiser01 said:

A huge draw for Americans sure. But people from anywhere else in the world won't be able to go on the new ship. I've done all 5 Oasis Class (thankfully because all have done a summer in Barcelona) but Utopia won't be an option if she goes to Canaveral. It would make more sense to me to have Oasis and Allure doing the short ones.

I understand the business model of wanting to attract new cruisers with big ships on the short runs though.

They care more about first time families cruising than a one off from Europe. It makes more sense to you, but not for them. The good news is, it will eventually do Europe sailings. 

14 hours ago, karena1 said:

Yup, we booked 10/5/24 and super excited. 43 Wedding anniversary while on the cruise also, so added bonus.

We're on the same cruise.  We'll be two months shy of our 43rd.  Maybe we'll see you in one of the lounges for a toast?

23 hours ago, rae8836 said:

I see Jewel in Amsterdam in Aug 2024 and in Galveston in Nov 2024 but unlisted for Sep-Oct 2024.  Obviously there will be a TA in there somewhere but anyone know what else is scheduled for those months?

We have the same question.  We are booked on the 8/10/24 cruise out of Amsterdam hoping to continue on the TA.  Can't seem to get any good info on when that TA will be released.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Old Maine guy said:

We have the same question.  We are booked on the 8/10/24 cruise out of Amsterdam hoping to continue on the TA.  Can't seem to get any good info on when that TA will be released.

It may not be released.

Royal are running more ships to and from dry dock non revenue.

The Navigator one has me the most annoyed. 

2 hours ago, Old Maine guy said:

The release of the remainder of the Jewels itineraries is supposed to be this week from what I was told.  Don't hold your hopes out for a TA.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ravensfan1973 said:

I just saw this thread and wasn't reading all the pages but wondered if Rhapsody is the only ship sailing out of San Juan in early 2025?  If so, why?  Should at least have a Voyager class ship sailing out of there.  We love sailing out of SJ

Typically with Royal deployment decisions are made based on maximizing revenue.  It's not enough to make some money at any given home port.  If a ship can make more money somewhere else that's where a ship goes.  If Royal can make more money placing Voyager class in another home port that's where Voyager class will go.  Same with other classes.  

• Like 1

On 2/27/2023 at 4:10 AM, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

She might be doing the Cape Liberty to Quebec one way sailings.  

It was announced that Jewel will leave Amsterdam early to do some 7 night East Med cruises from Cyprus or so from end of August until October 24. She wiill then do the Transatlantic from Med to Florida.

Edited by Saab4444
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

It was announced that Jewel will leave Amsterdam early to do some 7 night East Med cruises from Cyprus or so from end of August until October 24. She wiill then do the Transatlantic from Med to Florida.

Opening up a nice Amsterdam Limassol repo!

• Like 3